InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Meeting Death ❯ Meeting Death ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]
He entered the bar. The dim lighting was perfect for his mood and for his meeting. He sat himself in the back corner on the barstools with his host.

You're here early...

I was bored... The bartender approached to take the drink order. Scotch on the rocks.

Same. The bartender left quietly. How's life?

The same it's always been.

Hmm... The soft clink of ice on glasses was heard as their drinks were prepared.

Why did you call me?

I needed to see you. To talk to you. To confirm you were alive.

You heard differently?

By two people... They sent me to warn you. You've made some enemies in the past few years, huh?

Business is business. I get ahead, they fall behind... A careless shrug as the drinks were placed on the counter. You know how it goes...

Yeah A quick sip of scotch. But has it always been this way?

Yes. You just left when you noticed. His glass was emptied quickly. Why are you here?

I told you, I was sent to warn you.

Then consider your job done.

Hmm...

A shot rang through the bar. A stool scraped as it was pushed back. A coat was pulled on.

Yeah... It's done. A hundred dollar bill fell on the counter. Two steps were taken.

Why? Why...you? Didn't...they...know?

A halt. They thought it ironic.

And you...didn't...refuse?

You don't cross them if you want to live, Inuyasha. And you did... She turned away.

K...'kyo... No breaths left the body. Death fell like a mantle over the bar.

For what its worth, Inuyasha, I really did love you. The black coated figure walked away from the dead man. I just loved him more...

The door opened, then closed. Silence fell over the bar again. When dealing with the Chicago mob, this was an everyday occurrence, after all...