InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Melancholy ❯ Prologue ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Melancholy
 
I listen to the sea's monotone song as I stand in the shore, the coming and going waves brushing against my feet, grasping me with their cold hands. I watch as the soft light of the moon caresses the rippling surface, making the calm water shine as horses made of foam ride the tip of the small waves. Long, twisting shadows that might as well be seaweed paint the sand, as if the floor of the ocean were covered in cracks to another world shredded in darkness. The sky is filled with stars, decorating the sky in their constellations whose names are unknown to me. It seems almost unreal, the scene before my eyes, almost magical, how the sky seems to blend and unite with the sea in a mystical way. A soft breeze ruffles my dark hair, making small strands fly up as if they were hands, trying to reach something invisible. Tears as hot as a lover's caress run down my face, falling down to the sand, leaking from my blue eyes. I shut my eyes and let myself drop to the floor, my long, dark dress spread around me. I sit in the sand, lifting my gaze to the sky, asking myself a million questions, why's and what ifs swimming in my mind, making me drown. I clutch the necklace that rests in my collarbone, caressing small, purplish-pink orb that hung from the leather chain. I make no move to dry the tears that keep falling down my pale skin.
 
The only thing I can do is remember....
 
 
A/N
 
Hello there, I'm baaack. Anyways, don't have any idea of where this story is going. This is the prologue, and as you may have guessed, the ending as well. Starring little Kagome, this is going to be a kinda dark fic, but not entirely. I want to try something new, something original. So please drop a review, give me ideas, encourage me or I won't find the inspiration to keep on.