InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Memories of Kohaku ❯ Memories of Kohaku ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]
A/N: I am posting all fics from Fanfiction.net to mediaminer.  These fanfics are listed from oldest to newest.  This fanfic was posted to fanfiction.net   7 /20 /03   and has 38 reviews on fanfiction.net.  Keep in mind, I have revised this fic, however, it’s an OLD work.         Well, here is something I did when I was bored. I'm wondering why it came out so angsty. I was actually having a bad day when I wrote this. I was kind of angry...Oh well ^^; Anger does weird things to people sometimes, I guess.

Memories of Kohaku      

I'll never forget that day,

I loved you very much

I had tried to reach you,

Thought I knew I could not touch

I told myself you would still be there,

But there were voices in my mind

They said that I was chasing a dream

That I could never find

I tried to block them out,

But they kept running through my head

So badly I wanted you,

Until I realized you were dead

Sango made a distraut face as a single tear streamed down her cheek.

Wiping the tear from her eye, Sango carefully folded the piece of paper and placed it on the grave. She then pulled a small piece of paper from her kimono and read it aloud to herself for what seemed like the thousandth time.

Sango,

I'm writing to you, waiting for you to come back from the mission you have went to complete. I hope you slaughter those demons, so you can return back to me. I really miss you. Well, just wanted to say that I love you and I also have something to ask of you.

I know I never had a knack for poetry, but I wrote this when I was thinking about you. I hope it's not too bad.

I look deep into my dream,

Where an angel waits for me

I hope never to awaken,

For it is her I wish to see

I go deeper in my dream,

And hear the angel call to me

I strain my ears to listen,

For I must find out what she needs

I awaken from my dream,

And find it has come true

But it's not an angel, it is something even better,

It's you

My sister, my angel, and I'm sorry for the wrong I've done. I'm watching over you now. You will always be my savior, my angel.

Best wishes,

Sango couldn't bear to read the name. She folded up the note and placed it back in her kimono. She could feel her face get hot, and her lips quiver. Her vision began to grow blurry. She put her hands up to her face and began to silently weep.

The grave of that boy, still covered in his sister's tears.

Kohaku

A kind person, a beloved son, and a cherished brother. He shall be kept in the hearts of those who loved him for an eternity and his memory shall live on in the hearts of all who remember.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*~*

Well, that's it. Just a little one shot/poem thing I decided to do. Oh, the partial poem at the beginning belongs to a friend of mine, so I give her partial credit. The angel poem on the other hand, belongs to me as well as the fic and the idea for it.

I hoped you liked my little angsty poem and I also hope you'll leave me a kind review. This is the first thing about Sango I had ever written, so I'd love to know if it's good or bad.

I also love getting reviews (What fic author doesn't?)

R&R!!