InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Memories of the Past ❯ Meet the demon hating hanyou ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Memories of The Past

Chapter One

Meet the Demon Hating Hanyou

The sky was clear and the air seemed to be as fresh as it had been in a long time. For once there was no smell of blood or death in the crisp air. Inuyasha and his friends were making their way to a village so Kagome and Sango could get some supplies. They were walking down the path to the village when they saw a middle aged priestess sitting on a stump looking over at the edge of the forest as if she was waiting for someone. She turned her attention to the group when she noticed that they were there. She looked at them and then smiled sweetly. She had long dark brown hair that was put back in a loose ponytail. Her eyes were a dark brown.

"Can I help you?" She asked in a sweet and caring tone as she stood up.

"We need to get some supplies." Kagome said because no one else seemed like they were going to.

"Well then I can help you with that. Just hold on a minute." The priestess said and turned back to the forest. "Saiko come on its time to go home!" The priestess yelled and when she did the bushes started to rattle and then a young girl appeared from the bushes holding a golden sword. She had long lilac hair with tints of silver in it in places and she had light amber eyes. Almost the color of Inuyasha's.

"I'm coming mother." Saiko said and smiled at the priestess when she sheathed her sword.

"This is my daughter Saiko, and my name is Litaktio." Litaktio said and smiled as he daughter got closer to Inuyasha's little doggy ears.

"They're so adorable." Saiko said as she reached out to touch one of Inuyasha's little doggy ears but was stopped by Inuyasha grabbing her wrist and holding her away from his ears.

Inuyasha noticed when he grabbed her wrist that she had claws instead of fingernails. "What are you?" Inuyasha asked as he sniffed the air lightly.

"What do you mean what am I?" Saiko asked and looked at Inuyasha confused.

"Are you a demon? That's what he's trying to ask." Kagome said.

"No I despise demons!" Saiko yelled and jerked her wrist away from Inuyasha. "Mother I'll go on ahead to the village and meet you there." Saiko said and dashed for the village because she didn't want to talk to the group anymore.

"Sorry for my daughter's rudeness and she is a hanyou. Her father was killed a while ago and she still has yet to like demons even though she has demon blood in her herself." Litaktio said and smiled as she turned to walk toward the village.

They made their way into the village and all the villagers turned to smile at the priestess.

"All the people in this village really seem to like you Litaktio." Kagome said as she looked over at all the villagers looking at the group as they walked over to a hut.

"Saiko are you home?" Litaktio asked before she walked into her hut.

"Yes mother!" Saiko yelled from a back room. "Why are these demons in our hut mother?" Saiko asked Litaktio when she saw Shippo and Inuyasha.

"You're half demon yourself so you really can't say anything." Shippo said trying to defend himself.

"Shut up you stupid beast!" Saiko yelled at Shippo making him jump into Kagome's arms.

"We don't mean you any harm. If I may ask why do you hate demons so much?" Kagome asked, as she looked at Saiko a waiting her answer.

"My father was killed by a half demon that's why I hate demons!" Saiko yelled and started to cry at the remembrance or her father's last words.

Flashback

"Saiko take care of yourself and your mother for me." Her father said and put his hand on her cheek and smiled sweetly at her.

"But father you can't leave me I...we need you!" Saiko yelled and started to cry.

"My daughter just remember that not all demons are like the one who has done this to me. One day you sill meet a young youkai or hanyou who you will know is not evil." Her father said and then his hand hit the ground and his breathing stopped.

"Father no!" Saiko yelled and tears poured from her eyes.

End of Flashback

"Are you all right?" Kagome asked when she noticed the young hanyou crying.

"Yes I'm just remembering what my father told me." Saiko said and looked up at the group in front of her and smiled. "I'm so sorry I have judged you before I had a chance to get to know you." Saiko said and then she walked over to Inuyasha and smiled and then she turned her attention to the little kitsune know as Shippo in Kagome's arms. "Do you want to come with me while they get their supplies? I'm going to go into the forest to train." Saiko said.

Shippo looked up at Kagome and she just smiled and nodded yes.

"Sure sounds like fun!" Shippo yelled and jumped from Kagome's arms to Saiko's shoulder. "Let's go!" Shippo yelled.

Saiko just smiled and started for the forest with Shippo on her shoulder.