InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Midnight Machine ❯ Tattoos ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Kagome began to stir, she slowly opened her eyes to a sight that had haunted her ngihtmares for some time... She was chained to the wall of a decraped looking room, along with the survivors of her City, which were few.

There was Sango, her best friend, a trained Demon Slayer, Kikyo, a Highly Powerful Miko, Kaede, Her and Kikyo's mentor, and a few other villagers who managed to stay alive. Suddenly the doors opened to reveal a tall figure that had been looming in the shadows.

"You, girl," he gestered to Kagome, "Get up and follow me." He said with a rough voice, like he had used it for screaming too much.

Two men went over to Kagome to unlock her manacles that bound her to the wall. She stood up and prouldy held her head high. She owuld NOT let the Damons intimidate her. She was the Commander of the Army, and she would NOT abandon her troops, or give up her pride... but she must retain the act of weakness, for in weakness they may let her and her compainions live, then they can lead a revolt to get out of this pit...

She hung her head down and stared blankly at the ground as the two prison guards led her to their Leader. When they finally arrived, the Prison Guards followed her into the room and shut the door behind them.

"Leave Us." A Woman's voice said.

"So, you are Kagome I take it, are you not?" She pointed to the marking on her arm. It was of a vine that twisted around her wrist which had a crest inn the middle. All nobility had this engraving on their wrist. Kagome nodded her head slightly while keeping her focus on the ground.

"Yes, well, we seem to have captured the survivors of your pathetic village," Kagome visibly twitched with anger, but still had an emotionless look upon her face.

"You know, Sources told me that you were supposed to be a challenge to conrol, I was looking forward to breaking your Spirit," She stared disinterestedly at her. "But never the less, I wanted to execute you personally for causing us so much trouble, but Naraku seemed to have other thoughts on the Situation... so you and your scrawny little friends will be placed in the Camps... seperate of course..." She said with a galre.

Kagome took this chance to look up and speak, "Thank you milady." She said it almost with a sarcastic tone. She bowed and then was led to the door by another Guard who had also been in the room with them. But as she was about to exit the room she heard the woman's voice again,

"Oh, by the way, It's Kagura... Princess." She said with the same tone as Kagome had used to regard her.

But Kagome just bowed her head in "respect" and exited the room, so Kagura missed the smirk that appeared on the girls face once the door had closed...

The girl was led back to the prison and pushed forward while the Guards locked the Door, but one of them said, "I would prepare if I were you... I heard the process is quite painful."

And then Kagome spoke, "First of all, I have no idea what you are talking about... Second of ll, if it's painful, how would you suggest I "prepare"?"

The man just looked at her and quickly took off in the opposite direction.

"Kagome...." The girl whipped her head in the direction of the voice.

"I'm here Sango." She replied, while quickly getting up to aid the girl who had called out to her.

"Where are we?" She asked in utter confusion while disdainfully eyeing her surroundings.

"I don't know, Sango I really don't know. But we should get some rest..." And with that the two girls lied down again, awaiting what was to come, but remaining undisterbed in their dreams...

%%%%%~%%%%

And so, the prisoners were taken to receive their "intitiation" which was were they received the tatoos and were given homes and food stamps, and jobs.

The tattoos were probably the most painful, obviously to recieve. But for Kagome, it was more emotionally hard to accept than physically. All herlife she had fought against the Demons... trying to free the Prisoners of the Camps, but yet, here she was... a tattoo being sawed into her skin, buring the flesh...

And she had become one of the Prisoners....

%%%%%!%%%%%


__________________________ _________________________________________________

Well, there ya go!
Sorry it's so dark right now, but it will lighten up.. I think... nah i'm just kiddin'

Next Chappie, Inuyasha's commin' in, but poor Inu...

C ya next time,
Sobao