InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Mile In Each Other's Shoes ❯ Switched ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do not own InuYasha, its characters or any quotes I may use.
 
A/N: Okay….this is just a random though I got today. There isn't really any plot. Just a bunch a randomness. Heh heh…
 
CHAPTER ONE: SWITCHED
 
They were losing.
Kagome never though those words would ever bring her as much terror as they brought her now. Four years she had spend fighting along side her friends against the evil known as Naraku. And now, it seemed as if all their efforts were in vain.
Kagome had seen Kagura make off with the child Rin and an unconscious Jaken and insisted to InuYasha that they go after them. He finally agreed knowing they would meet up with Naraku. Kagura led them to an open field, where they were attack by hordes of demons. They easily defeated them and Kagura disappeared when Naraku's dark cloud covered the sky. The battle was a hard and bloody one and the gang could not get an upper hand on it.
Now both Shippo and Miroku were out cold next to Rin and Jaken. Sango was bleeding from a gash in her side but was protected by Kirara. InuYasha refused to back down against Naraku his body was taking a beating. Kagome fired arrow after arrow but it did nothing to Naraku. He just laughed as each shinning arrow burst against his body. No damage done.
Kagome screamed as she saw Naraku's body slither its way over to her friends.
“No! No! No!” she screamed firing more arrows. Suddenly her own body was paralyzed and the last thing she saw was her friend's bodies disappearing inside Naraku's body. And InuYasha's scared eyes as he screamed her name.
“KAGOME!”
Everything was quite. But it was far from peaceful, Kagome felt as though her skin was on fire and her soul was being ripped apart. She tried to scream but no sound left her throat. She was trapped; about to become part of the very evil she fought to stop. She gasped out in pain as she felt her soul fly from her body.
 
Sesshomaru rushed through the forest, hardly able to contain his anger. Naraku had once again captured the one thing he found important, the one thing he loved. And he was not going to let him get away with it again.
He came to the field just in time to see Naraku swallow the miko that followed InuYasha. Sesshomaru saw his brother drop to his knees, his back unguarded.
“KAGOME!”
“Fool!” Sesshomaru hissed as he rushed forward. Naraku latched on to InuYasha's body and quickly covered him whole; Tetseaiga falling to the ground.
Sesshomaru's eyes glowed red as he leaped forward.
“Bastard!”
Naraku turned as Sesshomaru jumped, “Angry Sesshomaru?”
Sesshomaru breathed deeply and pulled out Tokjin, “You have crossed me for the last time Naraku!” Sesshomaru snarled.
“You cannot stop me Sesshomaru!”
“I will.”
“Does that little girl, Rin, really mean that much to you?” Naraku said with a chuckle.
Sesshomaru bared his teeth, “Do not speak her name!”
He walked over to InuYasha's fallen sword and reached for it.
“Even you cannot carry that sword Sesshomaru!” Naraku snapped, “Do not try it.”
“I am sorry.” Sesshomaru whispered, “Brother.”
He placed his hand on the sword and pulled it from the ground. Holding both swords in his hand Sesshomaru turned to face Naraku. Tetsusaiga's spell crackled and Sesshomaru's hand began to burn. (A/N: Blades are facing opposite directions)
“Do not be a fool Sesshomaru. That sword's spell with destroy you before you can lift it against me!”
“If you believe that, then it is you who is the fool!”
Sesshomaru raised his arm and leaped into the sky.
“Die Naraku!”
Naraku's eyes widened as blue and red energy flew towards him, “NO!”
Naraku screamed as he body disintegrated and left only his chest and head on the grass.
Sesshomaru walked over to him, “I will finish this.” He stopped suddenly when he saw Rin laying on the ground. He glanced around and saw everyone else was there as well. Their body's intact. Sesshomaru turn back to Naraku but he was swept away by Kagura and disappeared.
Sesshomaru growled and dropped both swords, his hand burning from Tetsusaiga. He walked over to Rin and knelt beside her, he touched her arm, “Rin. Wake up.”
He heard the other stir behind him and Miroku sat up, “What happened?” he asked.
“Naraku is gone. For now.”
“You mean you let him get away?!”
Sesshomaru looked down and was surprised to see the fox kit Shippo glaring up at him, “You really are useless Sesshomaru! How the hell could you let Naraku get away?!”
Sesshomaru raised an eyebrow but Shippo turned away and shook his fist at the sky, “Damn you Naraku! Come back here so I can slice you with my Tetsusaiga!”
“What's going on?”
Sango was now sitting up and holding her head. She frowned at Shippo “Shippo?”
“Yes?” Miroku answered.
Sesshomaru eye's widened.
“Lord Sesshomaru! You saved us!”
InuYasha fell to his face at Sesshomaru's side, “I knew it would be you who won against that evil Naraku!”
“InuYasha!” Miroku gasped
“What?!” Shippo snapped.
“Oh no” Sesshomaru murmured.
Rin started to stir, “What's going on?”
She looked up and locked eyes with Sesshomaru who was still close to her side.
“AHEEE!!!!” she screamed and scurried away from him.
“Rin?”
“Here my lord” Kagome whispered, “What has happened, and what is wrong with Master Jaken?”
Everyone looked over to see Jaken shaking his head back and forth muttering to himself.
“I think the better question is what's wrong with all of us.” Rin stated as she stood up.
“What the hell do you mean?!” Shippo shouted.
“We somehow switched.” Sango stated.
“What do you mean Sango?” Kagome asked.
“Can't you see?” Rin cried, “That's not Sango! I'm Sango!”