InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Mind Reader ❯ Ah, It's Love ( Chapter 24 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Mind Reader
 
Chapter 21: Ahh, it's love…maybe
========
 
The moment Kagome got back from bathing she walked up to Inuyasha. The hanyou was lying in the grass and randomly pulling grass out of the ground. He would then throw the grass onto his sleeping brother. Inuyasha was taking full advantage of the injured demon lord. Sesshoumaru's chest was littered with chunks of grass and Inuyasha had even managed to get some grass on Sesshoumaru's face. Kagome suppressed a chuckle and remembering her earlier blunders she stood at Inuyasha's feet. There was no way for him to get a free peek this time.
 
“What are you doing?” she asked to break the silence.
 
Inuyasha lifted his head a few inches and gave Kagome a stupid look. “Are you blind or something? What does it look like I'm doing?” To prove his point he pulled out a big chunk of grass, this one even had bits of dirt clinging to the roots, and flung it with a flourish at Sesshoumaru. It hit the poor hurting demon lord square in the face. Inuyasha noticed this immediately.
 
Oh shit.
 
Sesshoumaru's eyelids fluttered opened and he immediately yelped in surprise when dirt fell into his eye. He wiped it away with one hand and leaned up onto his other. He looked down and saw his dirtied clothes. He raised his head and turned to look at his brother. His eyes narrowed in anger. “Having fun little brother?” he asked dangerously.
 
Inuyasha gulped nervously and jumped to his feet. “It…it…it wasn't me! Kagome did it!” he stammered before taking off.
 
Kagome stared at the fleeing hanyou in shock. “Wait!” she shouted, “I wanted to talk to you! Get back here!” Without a second look at Sesshoumaru she gave chase.
 
Sesshoumaru stared up at the sky and shook a fist at hit. “Whoever is up there laughing at me, stop right now! This isn't funny anymore! Why do you continue to torture me with these idiots?”
 
========
 
Miroku looked over his shoulder and seeing the coast was clear quickly stepped into the woods. He darted from tree to tree always making sure to stay in the shadows. As he got closer to his destination a perverted grin found its way onto his face. He was completely unaware of the little line of drool that was dribbling from the corner of his mouth. Oh this was going to be good.
 
“And just where do you think you're going?”
 
Miroku spun around and slammed his head into a low hanging branch. He bounced backwards from the shock and tripped over a fallen branch. He fell back into a tree and slithered to the ground. `Damn, I'm sure those branches weren't there before!' he thought dazedly. As his vision cleared he became aware of a figure standing in front of him.
 
Sango stood in front of the fallen monk, her hands placed sternly on her hips. It took all of her willpower to not slap the monk into unconsciousness as well as to not wipe the blood that dripped down his face.
 
Miroku pressed one hand to the cut that formed when he slammed his head into the branch. “Sango, how good to see you. Well I'm here because I saw Shippo come in here. So I was following him to make sure he didn't get into any trouble.”
 
Sango sighed. “Do you honestly expect me to believe you?”
 
Miroku nodded hopefully.
 
“Then you truly are an idiot. Now get up. We're going back to the village.”
 
Miroku smiled and climbed to his feet. As soon as he stood up he swayed unsteadily.
 
Sango, knowing she would live to regret it, walked up to Miroku's side and placed an arm around his waist. “Just how hard did you hit your head?”
 
Miroku draped an arm around Sango's shoulders and leaned thankfully against her. “You scared me,” he mumbled.
 
“So after all we've been through with Naraku and now Akki, you're saying all it takes is `what are you doing?' to scare you into slamming your head into a tree?” Sango took a small step forward and tightened her grip on Miroku when he stumbled.
 
“I was sneaking,” explained Miroku, raising his free hand to his head. “Damn my head hurts. But one good thing has come out of it.”
 
Sango sighed. “And what's that?” she asked, expecting a perverted thought.
 
“Because I am graced with the presence of two beautiful women.”
 
Sango lightly blushed but at the same time laughed. “You idiot. You're seeing double, can barely walk without falling, and yet you still try and compliment me?”
 
“You deserve to be complimented no matter what happens.” Miroku then tried to bow (Sango could never figure out why he wanted to do that. She figured it was his head injury making him act). He lost his balance and fell to the ground dragging Sango with him.
 
Sango yelped in surprise and prepared herself for the hit. But instead of landing on the ground she landed on a warm body. She opened her eyes to find that she was sprawled across Miroku's chest. “Oh no,” she panicked, “Miroku are you ok? I didn't mean to land on you!” She tried to get off him but was stopped when a restraining hand was placed on her back.
 
“Don't worry about it Sango, you didn't hurt me at all,” said Miroku softly, “and even if you did it wouldn't matter since you're ok.”
 
Sango looked worriedly at Miroku. “Miroku? Are you all right?' You sound delirious. We should get you back to the village so Kaede can take a look at your head.”
 
Miroku smiled warmly. He didn't respond to her. He brought his other hand to the back of her hand and lightly pressed down on it. Too surprised to object Sango's head lowered, and Miroku caught her lips in a gentle kiss.
 
========
 
Kagome, huffing to catch up with the fleeing speck of red, gave up. She cupped her hands around her mouth and took in a deep breath.
 
“SIT!!”
 
She smiled when she saw the red speck fall to the ground. She started jogging up to the now subdued, and pissed, Inuyasha.
 
Damn. Damn. Damn. Damn. Damn…
 
Kagome tried to block it out but like Miroku's earlier thoughts it didn't work.
 
Damn. Damn. Damn. Damn…
 
Kagome gritted her teeth and willed herself to ignore the thoughts. Sadly since they were in her head she couldn't.
 
Damn. Damn. Damn. Damn…
 
She was still a ways from Inuyasha and couldn't take it anymore.
 
“SIT!!”
 
She grinned in triumph when the continuous stream of `damns' stopped. She felt like screaming when Inuyasha chose a new word.
 
Shit. Shit. Shit. Shit…
 
Kagome sped up in hope that the sooner she got there the sooner Inuyasha would stop thinking.
 
Shitshitshitshit…
 
All she succeeded in doing was making Inuyasha's thoughts speed up. She couldn't believe his mind could be stuck on one word for such an extended length of time. But then again this was Inuyasha.
 
Shitshitshitshit…
 
Kagome sighed in relief when she finally reached the hanyou.
 
SHIT! SHIT! SHIT!
 
Inuyasha smiled pleasantly. “Hello Kagome. How's it going?”
 
SHIT! SHIT! SHIT!
 
“What's your problem?” asked Kagome through clenched teeth.
 
Inuyasha misunderstood her, which made sense since he didn't know she could read his thoughts. “I'm sorry for blaming the grass on you. Please don't be too mad at me. But I didn't feel like fighting me brother today. Since you know he's still injured I wouldn't want to injure him further,” explained Inuyasha quickly.
 
And I feel really lazy today. But she doesn't need to know that.
 
“Is that all? That's why you were cursing my arrival?” Too late Kagome realized what she said. She waited for Inuyasha's response in fear. Of course she shouldn't have worried, this was Inuyasha.
 
“Huh? Cursing your arrival? Wow Kagome, you're good!” said Inuyasha, “I had no clue you could read my body language so well! How often have you been staring at me when I wasn't aware of it?”
 
Not that I blame her. If I were a girl I'd probably want to look at me too.
 
Kagome plopped to the ground and rubbed her eyes tiredly. This whole mind reading thing was getting old. “First, I don't stare at you. Second, the grass incident was not why I was chasing you.”
 
Inuyasha sat up across from Kagome. “Then why did you chase and sit me? Twice? Is that how you get your cheap thrills?”
 
“NO! I just needed to ask you some questions.”
 
“Then ask.”
 
“First, where's Kouga? I haven't seen him since I got back from my bath.”
 
Inuyasha smirked. “Oh yeah, Kouga. He asked me to pass a message along to you. He said he thinks you're ugly, stupid, and stinks really bad. He said he was getting sick of being in your presence and so went back to his tribe.”
 
Kagome sighed in annoyance. Inuyasha's response really didn't surprise her. So she decided to get even with him. “Oh really? That doesn't sound like Kouga. I guess I'll go ask Miroku where he went and if he tells me the truth I'll have to thank him. In a way Miroku would love.”
 
Inuyasha opened and closed his mouth several times. Nothing came out but a few squeaks.
 
Would she really…? No, Kagome isn't like that! She must be trying to bait me! Well I'll show her.
 
Inuyasha crossed his arms as a smug expression overtook his face. “Fine, go ahead. See if I care. Although I'd be curious if Miroku would even take a girl like you.”
 
Kagome got a tic in her forehead but she quickly relaxed. `He's just trying to shake me up. I'm actually impressed with him so far. He's keeping his cool remarkably well. Let's see if he can survive the next round.'
 
Kagome looked crestfallen at the last comment. “Yeah, I guess you're right. I'm sure if I were a guy I wouldn't want a girl like me. Used goods.”
 
Inuyasha looked flabbergasted.
 
No way. I was just kidding, I didn't think Kagome was like that!
 
`Gotcha,' thought Kagome wickedly. She mustered up a few tears. “It's horrible Inuyasha! All I want is love! But all the guys in my time want is sex! I have no choice!”
 
Inuyasha stared at Kagome in shock. “You mean…you…you would actually do that with Miroku if he told you the truth about Kouga? You're that easy?”
 
Kagome tried sobbing a few times but wound up laughing. “You're…so…gullible!” she gasped out as she clutched her sides in laughter.
 
“Wha…? You're laughing? Are you feeling all right? Should I get Kaede?” he asked worriedly. He reached forward and felt Kagome's forehead which only succeeded in making her crack up further.
 
“You're so easy to get!” she laughed, “You should have seen your face when I started crying!”
 
As realization slowly dawned on Inuyasha Kagome could see the anger forming in his eyes.
 
“You were kidding?” he exploded. “Everything you said was a lie?”
 
Kagome calmed down. “Yup. Well except for the Miroku part. That was the truth.”
This did nothing to calm Inuyasha down. “What?! You mean you would…”
 
Kagome cut Inuyasha off before he could go any further. “NO! I meant I would ask him about Kouga since you won't tell me the truth.”
 
Inuyasha looked like a great weight had been lifted off his shoulders. “Good.”
 
“That's it? Good? Will you tell me the truth now?”
 
Inuyasha smirked. “No.”
 
“Sit. Now?”
 
“No,” came the muffled response.
 
“Sit, now?”
 
“No,” came the even more muffled response.
 
Kagome reached out a finger and poked Inuyasha in the side. She smiled in joy when he squirmed under her touch. She used both hands and poked both of his sides. She was pleased when he shuddered. She tickled him.
 
“Hahaha! Stop! Hahaha! Please!” begged Inuyasha. He began getting up.
 
“Sit. Now?” Kagome asked while beginning to tickle the subdued hanyou.
 
“No,” gasped Inuyasha between bouts of laughter.
 
Kagome tickled even more ferociously.
 
“Stop…please! Hahaha! Fine! I'll tell you!” screamed Inuyasha.
 
Kagome stopped tickling and sat back. Inuyasha sat up clutching his sides. Kagome smiled innocently. “So where's Kouga?” she asked.
 
Inuyasha's eyes narrowed. “I told you,” he said, “he left `cause he can't stand you anymore!” Before Kagome could react Inuyasha lunged at her and began to ruthlessly tickle her sides.
 
Kagome fell on her back and tried to bat Inuyasha's hands off of her. It failed miserably. She started laughing so hard it hurt. There was only one way of ending her torture.
 
“Sit.”
 
Inuyasha slammed into the ground. And unfortunately for Kagome she was between the ground and Inuyasha. When Inuyasha's full weight landed on her she gasped in pain.
 
“Dang Inuyasha,” she groaned, “how much do you weigh?”
 
Inuyasha lifted himself as much as possible and stared down at the girl. “It's all muscle,” he defended.
 
“Get off of me!”
 
“Can't. You being the idiot you tend to be sat me. Now we have to wait until the spell wears off,” said Inuyasha smugly.
 
Not that I mind this time. This is the closest I can ever get to Kagome so I'm not complaining. It's hard to believe how beautiful she is…argh! Don't think like that! Especially with a struggling girl beneath you! Think pure, clean thoughts. White. Clean clothes. Clean sheets. Kagome in the sheets…dammit Inuyasha! Get a hold of yourself! But it's so hard…I can't help how I feel about her. Too bad I can never tell her how I feel.
 
Kagome looked at Inuyasha with a mixture of anger and shock in her eyes. Granted she hated Inuyasha thinking about her in bed sheets, but she liked what he thought after that. And did she actually here him right? She decided she had to dreaming as Inuyasha would never think like that. She had to stop reading all those romance novels.
 
Inuyasha gazed down at the miko. “Kagome,” he breathed softly. He lowered his head a few inches.
 
Kagome stared at the hanyou who was closing the distance between them. `Finally,' she thought blissfully.
 
“Well, well, well. What do we have here? I thought you two had more decency then that. Doing something so dirty that Rin or Shippo could come across.”
 
Inuyasha flew off of Kagome so fast it looked like an invisible car hit him. Both he and Kagome stood up, hate clouding their eyes.
 
Sesshoumaru looked on in utter joy. He never knew he could be so entertained by just joining Inuyasha and his batch of idiotic friends. He decided that whoever was making his life hell most of the time made up for it by giving him moments like this.
 
Heeheehee. That was perfect! They were just about to kiss and then wham! I pop up out of nowhere! That was brilliant on my part.
 
Inuyasha growled from deep within his throat.
 
I…am…going…to…kill…him!
 
Kagome simply glared at the demon lord. He had done that on purpose! Who knows how long he was waiting in ambush for the best moment to spoil their alone time. And she was so close to Inuyasha! `That's it,' thought Kagome evilly, `I'm giving him a rosary!'