InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Misunderstanding ❯ Miroku's attitude ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Misunderstanding

By silvermoon maru

Chapter 2

-WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO LADY KAGOME?!!-

Miroku's expression was a mixture of anger and concern, his purple eyes stared coldly at Inuyasha while he kneeled next to the girl.

-How could you… This time you went too far- he talked through clenched teeth containing his emotions.

-Stay away from her letch! - the half dog demon yelled, but the monk didn't seem to notice.

-Inu.. (sob).. Inuyasha.. (sob) killed… (sob) Kagomeee- Shippou was crying and caressing Kagome's raven hair which was spread around her head.

Inuyasha held his breath.

-I didn't kill her!!- he barked at the little kitsune.

'No, no, no she can't be dead' his mind screamed.

Miroku took her wrist looking for a pulse, for any indication that she was still with them, he frowned in silence.

Inuyasha noticed the spell effect fading away, that numb sensation that controlled his body was disappearing and in a quick and cautious move he lifted himself from Kagome and sat next to her waiting for the monk's statement.

-She's alive but her pulse is weak-

-Is she going to be ok, Miroku? -

-Let's think the best Shippou, she has lost too much blood-

Without saying a word the hanyou bent to carry her in his arms.

-Stop Inuyasha! - Miroku's voice ordered him.

-What? - for a moment he stared at the monk in disbelief and then continued his task just to be interrupted for a second time.

-You heard me hanyou. Don't touch her!-

What did that monk think he was? He was loosing his temper.

-Are you nuts? I'm not going to let Kagome with a..-

He didn't finish the sentence when Miroku raised the hand with the blue beads rosary in front of his face threatening him.

-I'm not going to think it twice to open the wind tunnel if you lay a hand on her after what I saw- he was serious about that.

Inuyasha had never seen him act this way and it confused him, the monk always let him take care of her. After what he saw…? That damned word made them fell to the ground, it was HER fault, not his. He snorted. He had warned her.

-Miroku…- Shippou was shocked too.

-Shippou, look for some bandages or anything that can help clean the wound in Lady Kagome's bag- his sight still on the half dog demon.

Inuyasha glanced at the girl and retreated. Her face was pale. It's wasn't a good time to fight with the monk.

-Bring priestess Kaede here- Miroku's tone was different now, was like a pleading.

-I can take Kagome to Kaede-baba's hut in no time, you know that-

He sighed and seemed to age 10 years in a minute.

-She is unconscious but I don't think it is just for the wound in her shoulder, she must be hurt somewhere else. It isn't wise to move her now, that could worse her condition-

Miroku was right, they hit the ground very hard because of the spell, for Inuyasha been half youkai it was not a big deal, but Kagome was human. He stared at her with concern written in all his features. Then ran towards the village to get the old hag.

-Take care of her monk- was the last thing he said before disappearing into the forest.

Miroku sighed relieved that he was gone. Kagome's shoulder had bleed a lot. He scolded himself mentally for not paid attention to it while he was arguing with Inuyasha.

Shippou gave him the found bandages and he started ripping what remained of the sleeve of Kagome's left shoulder.

-Watch out monk- the little kitsune was aware of Miroku's usual lecherous behavior, however he was the only one capable of help his dear Kagome at the moment.

The monk was concentrated in cleaning the wound, when he removed the last pieces of fabric of it he winced at the view of the deep gashes in the tender flesh.

'Oh innocent Kagome, why do you have to pass by such cruel tests of fate?'

**********

A red and silver silhouette crossed the forest with amazing speed. His thoughts were tormenting him all the way to his destination. He felt bad, guilt and worry merged in one. His heart ached. His golden gaze clouded with inner turmoil.

'It's my fault. I promised her I would protect her and I ended up hurting her'

But also his stubbornness was immense.

'No, It's her fault, if she didn't tried to go to the other side of the well all the time nothing would have happened'

He looked sadly at his right hand and remembered her scream. The scent of her blood was fresh in his claws. Something deep inside him told him that she was the last person he wanted to hurt.

He closed his eyes tightly and howled as if with that action he could erase the recent events.

Then he realized his location.

Kaede's hut was right there.

He couldn't waste more time.