InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Misunderstanding ❯ A visit in the darkness ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I don't (ouch) own Inuyasha and co.

Misunderstanding

By Silvermoon Maru

CHAPTER 3

He closed his eyes tightly and howled as if with that action he could erase the recent events.

Then he realized his location.

Kaede's hut was right there.

He could not waste more time.

*******

Darkness. She was engulfed by darkness.

'Where am I?' , she was standing but she couldn't see the floor. There was a strange calm surrounding her.

A laugh resonated breaking the silence. A woman's laugh.

"It seems that Inuyasha did it again".

She knew that voice.

"Kikyo."

Somehow, their souls met, as they had been part of the same one, Kykio found a way to communicate with her.

She appeared in front of Kagome dressed with her usual miko red and white outfit. The right upper part darkened with blood from the wound that killed her 50 years ago. She was beautiful; her features more mature and fine that hers but her brown eyes full of hatred.

"What do you mean?" Kagome inquired puzzled.

"Had you forgotten that was Inuyasha the one who killed me?"

"That's not true, he didn't do anything to harm you. It was Naraku!" Kagome yelled at her, how could she say that, after all the concern that Inuyasha has shown for the deceased miko.

"Don't try to defend him!" Kikyo shouted at her, but then a thought crossed her mind and she smirked sickly enjoying what she was about to say. In a soft voice, she inquired pointing to Kagome's shoulder.

"Can you deny what he did to you, or will you tell me that it was Naraku who attacked you too?" Her voice dripped poison and sarcasm.

It took Kagome a moment to register her words.

"What?" as she bowed her head to look at her arm, she felt dizzy; she had a wound similar to Kikyo's.

"Face it girl! Inuyasha really doesn't care about you, the only reason he is with you is because you look like me. You are just an impostor, a mere copy of me. He will always come to me, no matter what I do to hurt him. His life is mine and at the end, he will come to hell with me, as it would had happened if you hadn't interrupted."

"No, you can't… Don't…" she wanted to stop her, she wanted Inuyasha to be happy, he was her … friend…, he had saved her before… she was Kagome not a mere copy of someone else… isn't her? Every word said by Kikyo was like a stab in her heart.

The pain in her shoulder attracted her attention again.

"When…?" she stared at the blood running freely down her arm, tinting her clothes with a crimson color, she searched into her swirling mind for her last memory.

She replayed the scene.

Kagome was mad at him and was looking at the ground, she heard him shout to her….

"YOU WILL REGRET IT!"

Then their gazes locked, his golden eyes darkened with anger.

She used the spell.

His right hand stretched forward to get her.

And she felt his claws digging into her flesh.

An intense pain numbed her senses.

Finally, she woke up here.

She fell on her knees, supporting her weight with her hands.

"Inuyasha did this to me. Did he hate me that much?" she felt the tears welling up her eyes. 'He wouldn't, it must be a mistake' she wanted to believe it with all her heart.

'Why do I care so much?' the frustration, the pain in her body and the one in her heart overwhelmed her. Her feelings for the hanyou were becoming clearer and she couldn't deny them anymore.

Kikyo had left. Kagome was alone.

*******

The wood door of Kaede's hut flew open violently.

"Kaede-baba! Where are you?!"

Nothing.

"Where are you old hag?" he called her again louder enough to bring the old miko back from her meditation.

Alarm hummed in her senses at the sight of a very distressed young half-demon standing at her door.

"What's the matter Inuyasha?" he was worried and scared, that preoccupied more the old woman, was very unusual to find him in such state.

"Kagome is hurt and needs your attention, Miroku and Shippou are with her. I'll take you there"

Kaede gathered some things from the hut and walked out with him.

"There is something you are not telling me, why you didn't bring Kagome to the village? What happened to her?"

"Miroku didn't let me, I'll explain you in the way" he took the old miko and carried her through the woods back to the well.

******

Far away, someone watched amused the entire situation through a magical mirror.

"This is very interesting". An evil plan was taking shape in his mind. He will calm his heart and finish off his enemies soon.

******

The monk frowned at the sight of the bandage; it had hold up almost all the bleeding. He let his hand caress Kagome's face. Her skin was soft and warm; he gently pushed aside some dark strands of hair.

'This is the same girl from who I tried to obtain the shikon shards' she prohibited Inuyasha to hurt him then, and saved him from Naraku's wasps' poison in the fight with Sesshoumaru.

He admired her, she was so young and brave at the same time, her soul was pure, and she didn't have any malice. He was afraid that all the power and evil in this era could corrupt her, break her.

Shippou was holding Kagome's hand.

"Please be okay Kagome," he prayed to his father's soul to save her. She was all he had left after his parents' dead. She had been kind and protective like his mother, she played with him, brought sweet things from her era and sit dog-breath every time he tried to hit him. He started sobbing again.

******

"Now tell me. Who attacked her?" The old miko needed an explanation.

"I did" was his simple answer.

"What? You couldn't…" Kaede was shocked; she knew how much he cared for the girl.

"It was an accident. She used the spell when I was reaching for her, everything was so fast. I fell on her, I couldn't move away on time" the guilt filled his expression. Kaede noticed.

"We are almost there" jumping a few more meters the found the clear. Kagome laid on her back; the monk was sitting at her left and Shippou at her right.

Inuyasha help Kaede to stand and she walked closer to the girl.

'Kami-sama' she held her breath, an old memory still fresh in her mind gave to the entire scene a strange feeling of deja vú. She didn't hear the kitsune's relieved yell calling for her. Immediately she checked the bandaged wound and examined her in case there were more injuries.

Miroku closed his eyes concentrated in a pray.

A frown crossed Kaede's features. Kagome was warmer than normal. She put her hand on her forehead to confirm.

"Her temperature is rising" declared.

Shippou turned to Miroku not sure of what the old miko meant.

"She is having a fever," the monk said.

"You did this to Kagome!!!" the little kitsune charged to Inuyasha and hit him with his fists. The hanyou didn't attempt to block him.

"I'm sure it wasn't all his fault" Kaede give him the cue to defend himself.

"I didn't want her to leave, but I'll never…." he was cut by a soft whimper; in a flash he was by Kagome's side.

*****

Her eyelids were so heavy and she felt very hot. Every inch of her body ached. Trying to find her voice she let out a quiet protest. The scent of the grass and the trees surrounded her. She opened her eyes a bit but everything was blurry, then blinked a couple of times trying to focus.

Soft golden eyes welcomed her; a worried hanyou was leaning on her.

So beautiful. She thought. So ... not for her. This must be an illusion. She avoided his gaze and looked to the other side just to find Miroku.

"Lady Kagome" he called her quietly, his purple eyes soft and caring.

Her gaze rested on her shoulder only to find the bandage stained with blood. 'It was true then' she told herself. 'Why Inuyasha? Why?' she wanted to scream, to yell at him. Kagome felt helpless, useless.

Wanting to escape, in a fast move she tried to sit but she realized her mistake when a paralyzing pain shot from her shoulder and the back of her head, She winced and clenched her teeth. It was too much.

"Do not move child, everything will be fine" Kaede soothing voice relaxed her.

Miroku pushed her gently to the ground again.

"Kagome…" Shippou was in silence, afraid of jump at her and hurt her more; he let the adults take care of her.

Her head was throbbing, the pain dulled her other senses. Kaede was saying something to her, but she couldn't make out the words. Inuyasha came closer to her he was talking too.

"Why Inu..yasha ?" She asked faintly before her eyes closed and the darkness wrapped her again.

*******

If you invest 30 secs in a review, I promise chapters will come faster. Pretty please…^_^;