InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Misunderstanding ❯ Realization ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

THANK YOU, THANK YOU FOR YOUR REVIEWS *bows like a Japanese* here is the next chapter. I hope you like it.

English is not my first language.

Disclaimer: Do you know that admit it hurts? I don't own Inuyasha *sighs* and co.

Misunderstanding

By Silvermoon Maru

Chapter 4

Her head was throbbing, the pain dulled her other senses. Kaede was saying something to her, but she couldn't make out the words. Inuyasha came closer to her he was talking too.

"Why Inu..yasha ?" She asked faintly before her eyes closed and the darkness wrapped her again.

******

"Kagome? Kagome answer me!" he was scared now. She had lost consciousness again. His heart pounded fiercely in his chest and his voice turned more frantic while he called for her. Before he could touch her, a pair of hands gripped the front part of his haori and pulled him up just to push him away from her.

"Calm down Inuyasha!" the hanyou fell on his back startled at the monk's display. He didn't throw him hard, even if he did; the half demon was much stronger to care about it.

"What the hell do you think you are doing?" he barked at the monk who stood before him.

"I'm preventing you for having something else to regret" if it was a warning or advice, Inuyasha wasn't sure. Although both meanings fitted the occasion, he could see the uncertainty on Miroku's expression.

Kaede touched the girl's forehead again and pulled her hand away as if it had burned her.

"Her fever is increasing, we must cool her down or she may possibly die"

Inuyasha stiffened.

"Now that the wound had stopped bleeding we can take her to the village" Miroku said.

"But it is too far, what if we don't make it on time?" Shippou inquired.

Inuyasha looked at Kaede as if asking for permission. She agreed.

"Let Inuyasha take her to the village, he is faster than us"

Miroku couldn't disagree this time with Kaede's statement. Inuyasha seemed as concerned as he did, then, if he cares as much for her as he had thought. What happened with him a while ago? Why did he let his anger hurt the one person that cared the most for him?

He jumped to the same conclusion.

His demon blood.

It was getting dark and the well wasn't a very good place to spend the night.

The monk stepped aside for Inuyasha to pass, and allowed him to take Kagome in his arms.

He picked her up gently, careful not to touch her injuries.

The hanyou looked at the girl, her face rested on his chest, her breath came in small gasps and her body was trembling slightly.

He cursed under his breath.

"There is another problem" Shippou got everybody attention "Kaede is here too and Inuyasha can't carry both of them to the village".

Another curse.

However, their luck was about to change.

Inuyasha's ears perked up before they started twitching, Inuyasha seemed to be expecting something for a moment. Finally, he directed is gaze to the treetops at his right and sniffed the air recognizing a scent.

'Perfect timing' he thought and turned to face the others who waited for an explanation. "It seems that you won't walk all the way to the village".

Kaede and Miroku looked at each other confused; but the little kitsune answered their unspoken question.

"Kirara and Sango are back!!" he was glad to see them. They had been visiting the exterminators' village to pay some respects and gather some things to repair her boomerang, which has suffered a lot of damage during their last battle with a youkai while shard hunting.

The huge fire cat demon appeared from the trees carrying Sango with Hiraikotsu on her back. The demon exterminator waved happily at them, but froze as soon as she spotted Kagome, something was wrong.

She leaped from Kirara's back to land gracefully in front of Inuyasha and started an endless flood of questions.

"How is she? What happened? Were you attacked?" she gasped, "was it Sesshoumaru?" she frowned "or that bastard Naraku?"

Kaede's hand rested on her shoulder. "The explanations will come later. Right now, we need you to permit Kirara to take us to the village.

She nodded.

Inuyasha started walking to the forest.

"We must go now"

"I'm sorry if this is not the welcome that you expected Sango" The monk was glaring suspiciously at the hanyou. His hand closed tightly on the staff he just picked up.

The monk had never behave so weird. She took the little Kitsune on her arms and whispered secretly.

"You have to tell me what is going on as soon as we arrive"

Everybody settled on the cat demon.

"Come on Kirara! Let's go!"

********

The cool evening breeze played with the fallen leaves of the trees, letting them fly and swirl from time to time. The forest was unusually quiet that day.

The only sound that disturbed the peaceful atmosphere was the soft crushing of the grass under the bare feet of a certain hanyou.

Inuyasha was half way into the woods when he suddenly stopped. There was something in the air, he inhaled deeply and grimaced. That stench.

A very familiar and unwelcome presence was nearby.

'Not now' he mentally groaned.

A soft growl rose from his chest. He held the unconscious girl closer to him to protect her. He could feel the increasing warmth of her body through his haori; a thin film of perspiration covered her skin.

His gaze traveled from one side to another of the forest looking for him.

"Kukuku, what a sweet scene. The little hanyou trying to save the fallen human girl" the guy with the baboon pelt mocked him from the top of a tree.

"What do you want Naraku?!" he growled every word.

He disappeared; but Inuyasha knew that he was still there. His presence filled the air.

"Two women lives shattered by your own hand"

He flinched. However, Naraku kept on talking.

"The first one was Kikyo, right?" he inquired.

"I never hurted Kikyo, it was you impersonating me, bastard!!" he could feel the hate and fury burning inside him.

"How did it feel to cut her flesh Inuyasha?" he was talking about Kagome.

He stiffened. The voice was behind him now but as soon as he turned; Naraku was fading again.

"The story of betrayal seems to be repeating again. Don't you think so Inuyasha?" Cruelly and with great satisfaction he smiled at him.

"Shut the f*** up!!" Rage filled his body, Naraku was playing with him, was making him to waste time. He bared his fangs wishing that Kagome weren't there so he could tear the bastard in shreds.

"That girl's life is influenced by Kikyo´s fate. Must be the same ending for the story" he chuckled at his conclusion.

A strange chill passed through the hanyou soul and froze the blood of his veins.

"NO! You are lying!" he snarled but deep inside he was scared. He glanced at Kagome's limp body. Realization fell on him. It looked like Kikyo's wound.

'No, no, no, no..' he repeated to himself. 'I have to take her to Kaede's and everything will be fine'.

Inuyasha scanned his surroundings but he couldn't find Naraku. He had to take Kagome away from there. He made a decision. Against his pride and nature, he ran. He ran away from Naraku. He ran away from a battle.

"Poor hanyou, he will be left alone because he can't make up his mind"

But he couldn't run away from the battle inside him or from Naraku's words.

"You can't be everywhere Inuyasha". There was a warning involved in his tone and was carried by the wind only for the half- demon ears.

******

Silvermoon: Oh, I'm really enjoying this. ^_^

Inuyasha: keh! You are the only one! ¬_¬

Please drop a review, let me know what you think, believe it or not with the last reviews I kicked away an awful "writer's block", as more reviews I got, the chapters will appear sooner.

(To Inuyasha) and you will come out from this mess in less time.

Inuyasha: *growls threateningly* Silvermoon no baka!

Silvermoon giggles nervously and disappears through a back door.

Inuyasha notices all the readers staring at him and becomes nervous as well.

Inuyasha: She still needs an editor. ^_^;

Hey Silvermoon, come back!!

He disappears at the same door.