InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Mommy Dearest ❯ Mommy ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

I wanted to do a one shot so here it goes no it's not hentia sorry!! But read it. This is my favorite poem I always cry when reading it. This is like a life lesson, so read it and think about it.

 

Title: Mommy Dearest

 

Rating: PG-13

 

Summary: Kagome is in a car accident who and what does she think about at her final moments?

 

Disclaimer: I do not own Inuyasha.

 

 

Italics - poem

".." - words spoken

`…' - thoughts

 

 

Kagome got in her car. She hated these parties, why was she even here? Oh yeah, because Inuyasha, her best friend, drove her out here saying how much fun it was going to be. She sighed `Where is he now?' Not even a second after the thought Inuyasha showed up by her window scaring Kagome half to death.

 

"I went to a party,
And remembered what you said.
You told me not to drink, Mom
So I had a sprite instead"

 

"God Inu!! You scared the shit out of me!!" she yelled angrily. "Are you ready to go?" she asked.

 

"I felt proud of myself,
The way you said I would,
That I didn't drink and drive,
Though some friends said I should.
I made a healthy choice,
And your advice to me was right,"

 

"Yeah don't get all bitchy on me." He growled and went to the other side of the car and slammed the door. She rolled her eyes. `Always getting mad at something.' She started the engine and waited for the car behind her to back out.

 

"The party finally ended,
And the kids drove out of sight.
I got into my car,
Sure to get home in one piece,"

 

"I just want to go home. I'm sleepy and my mom's going to kill me." Kagome started breaking the silence. "She told me to be home at 1." Inuyasha glanced at the clock; 2:30. "Your dead Kagome." He snickered he knew her mom all too well she didn't put up with all the games that teenagers played, but he knew Kagome was different then most teenagers. She didn't drink or do drugs she was just a good girl that loved her family.

 

She slapped his arm playfully. "Shut up!" he shoved her softly back, never expecting a thing to happen that night.

 

"I never knew what was coming, Mom
Something I expected least."

 

She dropped Inuyasha off at his mansion and roller her window down. "Hey Yasha?" he turned around and smiled "Yeah?"

 

"Tell Sesshomaru to call me tonight!!" his smile fell but he put a fake one on. "Yeah ok" His brother was going out with the girl of his dreams. She liked him once but he was too dumb to realize and Sesshomaru got her before he did.

 

He walked up to his front door and unlocked it. He waved at Kagome telling her that he got in his house safely. "Drive carefully Kag." She beeped her horn and smiled at her best friend. "I will" she said while rolling up her window. Inuyasha watched her leave the driveway not knowing that would be the last time to see his best friend and the one he loved.

 

Kagome drove on feeling a little proud of what she did tonight. Her mom told her not to drink and she listened. Yeah, she usually did the opposite but her mom was right. `I could harm other people if I did something stupid' She sighed and continued on her way home. She loved her mom she might not show it but her mom held a special place in her life. After loosing her dad by cancer her mom was the only one in her life besides Sota and Sesshomaru. She loved them all to well. Her mom was her hero and the one who was there for her.

 

Sota, her little brother, the one she could hate and then love the next minute. He looked up to her and she admired him for being so strong when his dad died. Sesshomaru the love of her life, she wanted to spend the rest of her life with him and she knew that he felt the same way for her. Inuyasha was her best friend who she had known all her life. He was like a brother to her and she hoped one day he would be happy with somebody.

 

She couldn't wait till get home and maybe she could just tell her mom what she did tonight about her choice not to drink and drive. Maybe she wouldn't get in that much trouble.

 

Kagome so caught up in her thoughts didn't see the car come near her. She jerked the wheel right trying avoid the car but missed the car had hit her head on.

 

"Now I'm lying on the pavement"

 

She slowly opened her eyes and saw around four people she had never seen before all crowding around her. `What's happening?' She looked around and saw there were a lot of flashing lights. `Oh no I was in a car accident' Kagome tried to open her mouth to speak but found no words could come out.

 

"And I hear the policeman say,
The kid that caused this wreck was drunk,
Mom, his voice seems far away."

 

Kagome looked around and saw a red liquid coming from her head. She tried to move her arm to touch it but an excruciating pain shoot up her arm. She knew what it was. It was her blood.

 

"My own blood's all around me,
As I try hard not to cry."

 

Kagome was scared now she knew she could be paralyzed or even worse. She listened to what the people were saying around her and tears welled up in her eyes at what she was hearing.

 

"I can hear the paramedic say,
This girl is going to die.
I'm sure the guy had no idea,
While he was flying high,"

 

Silent tears fell from her eyes. Why did this happen to her? They always say you never know how it feels until it happens to you well that's how she felt now. `I don't want to die! No I want to live.' She cried to herself

 

"Because he chose to drink and drive,
Now I would have to die."

 

`Why me' she asked herself over and over again. She wanted to have a family and a life. She had so many things going up for her. A boyfriend who loved her, a best friend who she cared about dearly, her mother and Souta. `Mom' she whispered.

 

"So why do people do it, Mom
Knowing that it ruins lives?"

 

She would never see them again would she? `I never told my mom I loved her before I left.' She squeezed her eyes shut as they put her on the stretcher. `Oh mom I love you so much' The pain wouldn't go away it hurt all over.

 

"And now the pain is cutting me,
Like a hundred stabbing knives.
Tell brother not to be afraid, Mom"

 

`I'm coming daddy. I will finally see you' she knew what was happening and she couldn't stop it. This was her fate.

 

"Tell grandma to be brave,
And when I go to heaven,
Put Daddy's Girl on my grave."

 

If she could take this all back she would. She would tell her mom how much she loved her. She would tell Sesshomaru how much she loved him. Souta that she loved him even though she may not show it. `No No' she shook the thoughts out her head. She couldn't think of that now. `I hope the other driver is ok.' She prayed that he would think next time and teach other people that drinking and driving is wrong.

 

"Someone should have taught him,
That it's wrong to drink and drive.
Maybe if his parents had,"

 

She closed her eyes taking a last look at the world before her.

 

"I'd still be alive"

 

She felt her heart slow down and all she wanted now was her mom to tell her it would be ok and she was there for her.

 

"My breath is getting shorter, Mom
I'm getting really scared.
These are my final moments,
And I'm so unprepared."

 

This was scary she had nobody with her and she wanted somebody who loved her to be here with, her but she was all alone, dying.

 

"I wish that you could hold me Mom,
As I lie here and die."

 

She saw her dad standing beside her telling her to come with him. She obeyed and followed him to an on going tunnel. She stopped and look down at her body and the world before her.

 

"I wish that I could say, "I love you, Mom!"
So I love you and good-bye"

 

And she followed her dad into a place called heaven.

 

 

END

 

How do you like it well I just wanted to write it because I love this poem and I wanted to tell people about Drinking and Driving just don't do it. Stay safe and review maybe I can do a spin off.

 

REVIEW!!!