InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Moving Up in the World ❯ The Date ( Chapter 18 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Another chapter! Yippee! This is a pretty long mini-chapter if I do say so myself… again I say “Something is much better than nothing.” (Hey wouldn't that make a cool title to a Sess/Rin? It kinda sounds like Rin's view on Sess's company eh?) Well here it is then.
 
 
 
 
“Wake up Rin!!” Izayoi shouted as she hopped onto the end of Rin's bed.
 
“Izayoi…” Rin muttered.
 
“I got you lots of things! It's all perfect!” Izayoi gushed. Rin was a little put off by the new psychotic version of Izayoi.
 
“How did you get in?” Rin questioned as she noticed they were in Sess's house and not Izayoi's.
 
“My darling son let me in of course.” She explained as she began whipping items onto the bed.
 
“What is this?…” Rin said as she handled a confusing looking piece of cloth.
 
“Why it's only the top of the line, most expensive bra out there. It will give you cleavage you never even imagined!” Izayoi cheerfully went on as Rin fell over in shock. Oh the irony, the step-mother of the man she hoped to win over was buying her a push-up bra? Had she just said `cleavage'?
 
“Oh…I see…” Rin said blandly.
 
“I also got you some gorgeous shoes and some body shimmer…but that's not the really important thing. You see, you have a date tonight.” Izayoi said very covertly.
 
“Wha-?” Rin fell out of bed. “I do!?”
 
“Yes. Trust me, it is very important that you go on this date tonight for two reasons, a) So you realize what a desirable woman you are and get your confidence back. (Rin sighed, since when did she have any confidence?) and b) because Sess will die of jealousy. Trust me, he will.” Izayoi patted her shoulder to reinforce the idea.
 
“Okay…who is this date with?” Rin knew that if she said no, she would still end up going, so why fight it? Plus this was a woman who plucked her from the streets and maybe she would be right?
 
“Kouga Wolf. He is very nice…though somewhat clingy…but trust me, that's what will work best!” Izayoi said seriously.
 
“Kouga,… Kouga…where have I heard that name?…” Rin muttered as a sudden blind panic hit her. She scrambled across the room to her dresser where she found the small piece of paper she was looking for. `Oogami corp., Kouga Wolf'…
“What's the matter dear…?” Izayoi questioned.
 
“I have met Kouga before!” Rin squeaked.
 
“Oh and he gave you his card! How perfect!” Izayoi was pleased to find it was even one of his cards he had sprayed with cologne. Rin took several deep breaths and settled into that feeling where you know you are gonna do something you may or may not want to do.
 
“What's that?” Rin gestured towards a plastic bag covered hanger.
 
“Take a look.”
 
“Oh my Buddha…” Rin gasped as she laid eyes on the most slinky black dress she had ever seen.
 
Sesshoumaru
 
 
Sesshoumaru was very suspicious. He had to allow Izayoi in the house at seven am and even had to carry at least twenty bags in for her. He wouldn't have done it if it hadn't been for her saying that they were for Rin.
 
Kouga
 
 
Kouga got out of the shower and wrapped a towel around his waist. He was quite excited about his date. Inutaisho, the head of the largest company in Tokyo had set him up, that had to mean something. Inutaisho had even said that she was pretty. That had to be good.
 
He was due to pick up the little minx in an hour; they would be going to La Corona, the best Mexican place to eat. If all went well, perhaps she would be his woman…
 
Sesshoumaru
 
 
It was getting late and Sesshoumaru was starting to wonder about dinner. Would Rin want to eat at his dad's, or perhaps out? Maybe that would make it up to her? He was about to go ask when the doorbell rang. Who could it be? He opened it up to reveal a very suave-looking Kouga Wolf.
 
“What the hell are you doing here?” Sesshoumaru barked.
 
“I am picking up my date! What are you doing here?” Kouga shouted back.
 
“I live here!” Sesshoumaru growled.
 
“Why the hell do you live with my date?!” Kouga growled back.
 
“I have no-” Sesshoumaru shouted as he was cut off by Rin. His mouth dropped open when he noticed how she looked.
 
She was wearing a long sleek black dress that clung to her every curve. She looked…well gorgeous. Her hair was left down and curled around the edges. She looked absolutely…tempting!
 
“Um…he is here for me.” She whispered.
 
“Hey, you are Rin? I remember you, you didn't have to ask for someone Inutaisho to set you up, all that you had to do was call.” Kouga immediately appeared directly in front of her.
 
“Yeah…well I suppose I'm shy…” she said softly as he took her hand and kissed it gently.
 
“Well then milady, we have a date.” He said in a deep charming voice. He lead her out the door, with her in the crook of his arm, leaving Sesshoumaru dumb-founded, more than dumb-founded really…Had Kouga said his father had set Rin up? Perhaps they needed to have a talk…
 
Narraku
 
 
“Did you hear master?” a seductive-sounding Kikyo asked.
 
“Hear what my pet?” he toyed.
 
“That our little Rin-chan has a date… with Mr. Wolf.” She purred.
 
“Oh yes, everything is going according to plan, even better if I say so myself.” He said maniacally.
 
“Yes, it is most amusing to see Sesshoumaru that angry.” Kikyo agreed.
 
Sesshoumaru
 
 
After watching Rin and Kouga leave Sesshoumaru got his coat and hustled to his car. He would find out what his father had to do with this. He pulled into the long driveway and leapt out, leaving the engine running.
 
“Father!” he shouted as soon as he hit the entryway.
 
“Hm? What's the matter son?” Inutaisho asked as he poked his head out of the kitchen. He could see the rage coming off of Sesshoumaru.
 
“What is this I hear about you setting Rin up?” Sesshoumaru bellowed.
 
“Eh? Oh yeah…well you see…” Inutaisho stuttered panickedly.
 
“It's true!” Sesshoumaru growled ferociously.
 
“Yeah…I mean I thought it was ok…you had a date for the banquet so…” Inutaisho explained slowly as he saw his wife's face behind Sesshoumaru, trying to get him to make a point.
 
“You will never setmy woman up again!” Sesshoumaru bellowed. A second later he realized what exactly he had said…but he simply frowned and made a move for the door, only to discover a cheesy looking Izayoi behind him.
 
“Hey, dear…” she said with a huge smile. He simply frowned deeper and exited to leap in his car. After they had heard him rush off they looked to each other in relief.
 
“Sheesh, he is friggin scary…” Inutaisho admonished as he clutched his chest.
 
“I suppose the plan worked well enough though…” Izayoi whispered.
 
“Sure, if your plan included my violent murder by my first son.” Inutaisho said sarcastically.
 
Rin
 
 
“You look lovely tonight Rin.” Kouga said softly to her. Rin hated to admit it, but there were butterflies in her stomach. Though it may be due to the fact that this was the closest a male had ever been to her.
 
“Thank you.” She replied
 
She knew it was true, Izayoi and herself had spent hours making sure she was perfect. She had even seen it on Sesshoumaru's face, she knew she was definitely looking her best.
 
“So Miss Rin, how is it you've come to live with Mr. Takahashi?” Kouga asked, in the same smoky voice.
 
“He…and I…are…friends…” she tried desperately to explain without revealing the truth.
 
“Ah, I see. Sounds complicated.” He replied. “Let me decomplicate it.” He said before placing his mouth on hers and putting his arms around her.
 
Rin was too shocked to do anything. She just remained pliant and in his arms. It did feel good, especially when she found herself thinking of Sesshoumaru.
 
Suddenly she sensed a presence over her. She opened her eyes to find the man himself standing above her and Kouga, whom remained oblivious to his presence. Rin finally pushed Kouga away and tried to look more presentable.
 
“Uh…Sesshoumaru…” She whispered. He looked as if he was going to kill something. Kouga looked miffed.
 
“Hey, what the hell are you doing on my date! It's too late, you lost her bub! She is my woman now!” he shouted as he moved to take her into his arms again.
 
“She is most certainly not your woman!” Sesshoumaru growled deep within his throat as he took Rin by the arm and wedged her out of his grip in one pull.
 
“Wait, what are you doing?” Rin asked confusedly.
 
“We have important business to attend to.” He growled. She could've sworn his eyes were red…
 
“At ten p.m.?” she asked though they were already on the move.
 
“Yes.” He said in a deadly tone.
 
“Hey Rin, you still up for the Christmas banquet?” Kouga shouted hopefully from across the resteraunt, it would be great to be seen with such a beautiful woman, even if she was Sesshoumaru's. Rin looked up to Sesshoumaru, who made no response, though his eyes did look somewhat dampened.
 
“Yeah, I guess so!” She shouted back defiantly at Kouga as she was being tugged out the door.
 
After her shout Sess finally just picked her up and threw her over his shoulder. Boy, Sesshoumaru has something for dramatics…she thought. But hey! A thought suddenly struck her, Izayoi musta been right…
 
They reached Sess's Porsche and he set her down. She noticed that the car was parked very crookedly… He didn't say anything to her and just got in the car. Rin sighed as she maneuvered herself so that she could get into the low car without flashing Sesshoumaru.
 
After successfully entering the vehicle Sesshoumaru took off before she could even close the door. She slammed the door of the moving vehicle angrily and made a pouting maneuver.
 
“Do you have any idea what you are doing?” Sesshoumaru asked deadly softly.
 
“What do you mean? I believe I was on a date,” she asked hesitatingly.
 
“You went out on a date with Kouga Wolf, one of the most renowned playboys in all of Tokyo, as well as one of the top competitors of West Oni, my workplace as well as yours! You aren't even used to this! A couple of months ago you lived on the streets!” He explained in a deadly, deadly voice.
 
Rin was so close to crying. This had been her first real lecture from him. She just sat there for the rest of the ride home. She would show him, if he really didn't want her with Kouga then he would have to be with her himself! She would show him that she wouldn't just sit around and wait for him!
 
TBC!!
 
Well here we are, in the midst of all the delicious jealousy. And there is much more to come too. Pretty much the theme of the banquet will be jealousy…I think…I think I want chapter 20 to be the banquet, for drama's sake. So that means the next chapter will be full of fluffy anticipation…heheh…and then more jealousy!!!
 
Thanks again guys, I am so grateful for all your encouraging kind words. Without the wonderful reviews none of this would've happened. So keep it up, got it?
 
Love, (yes I do love you and it's great to know that you guys love me)
 
KitKat07