InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ My Crazy Anime Obsessed Life, Part 1: InuYasha ❯ Intro and Uno ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]
My Crazy Anime Obsessed Life, Part 1 - InuYasha

Well, I should probably start at the beginning…

Hi, I’m Kurai Lawliet. I was 13 years old when my anime obsessed life turned upside-down. I never really had many friends, preferring to remain on my own, and as a result of all my anime watching, I speak fluent Japanese and tend to speak in it randomly. It drives the teachers nuts. It’s kind of creepy because I actually look somewhat similar to an amazing anime and manga character. I’m tall, have raven coloured, short spiky hair, onyx coloured eyes and I’m as pale as a vampire. I guess when I entered high school people started bugging me, trying to be my friends, to break down the dark aura that constantly surrounded me. I lived with my mum. She’s nothing like me. She was young when she had me; only seventeen and she didn’t tell my father. She’s petit, blonde, blue eyed and very, very enthusiastic.

So my beloved anime was the only “real” excitement I got in my otherwise boring life. But that was all going to change the day Kagome Higurashi decided to take a holiday here, in Wincester, and her “protector”, InuYasha, deemed it unsafe for her to travel alone…

Uno

It was a sunny day when I slouched down the main street, hurrying past the orphanage as usual (that place has always freaked me out). A slight, but refreshing breeze blew my long fringe out of my eyes and I smoothed my skirt down.
-BEEP-
My MP3 player died.

“Great”, I muttered, tugging my elbow length fingerless gloves back up to where they were meant to be: my elbows.

Just then, a quarrel between a guy and a girl caught my attention and I did a double take when I realised it was all in Japanese. My eyes widened and I caught my breath when I realised what they were saying.

“STUPID HANYOU!!! You could at least try to be normal! I mean, who wears a kimono in modern day England? And you’re not wearing your hat! Baka! Just how many people do you see strolling around with DOG EARS in modern day England? And why did you choose to wear Tetsusuiga? Do you want us to be arrested by the Police?” All this was hissed by the girl.


The guy retorted, “How else am I supposed to protect you, Kagome? And look at that girl there! Even you have to admit she looks stranger than me!”

It was obvious they were talking about me. I was wearing a short black skirt, a black AFI t-shirt, pink high top Converse, my long black lacy fingerless gloves, and rainbow coloured knee highs. Not my most “blending in” look, but I fumed anyway. Silently, of course. You can mess with the hair, the cheeks, or even the name, but do not diss my clothes.

I hadn’t yet turned round, but I was certain if I did, the guy would have long whitey grey hair, and how many girls do you come across called Kagome? Either they were seriously hardcore fans, or they were the real thing. I personally thought it was the latter, since I’m the only one I know who likes anime.

I cracked and yelled in perfect Japanese, “Look, are you going to tell him to sit yet because if you don’t, I’d gladly do it for you, and I don’t need the words!”
Silence.

I smirked and finally turned. Yep, just as I suspected; InuYasha and Kagome. The real ones. But how?

“Dude, you can mess with the hair, even the cheeks if your lucky, but never diss my clothes,” I continued, “The name’s Kurai.”

“I’m Kagome, and this is InuYasha.”

“Yeah, I know.”

InuYasha interrupted our little conversation with, “How the hell do you know our names, wench?”

I rolled my eyes, “Jeez, take a chill pill! If you come with me, I’d gladly show you, on one condition. No attacking, and that means claws, sword and arrows, got it?”

He just glared at me, but Kagome nodded her assent to the deal.

“Right, follow me then,” I turned on my heel and strode towards Mum and my home, positive that even InuYasha would follow.

I led them past WH Smith, past what used to be Woolworths, past all the kids that thought smoking pot made you instantly cool, and turned off into a back street beside Lloyds TSB, which is the bank Mum works for. I sure as hell wouldn’t like to be served by her. She’s way too bouncy, like she’s on a constant sugar high or something… But I’m rambling. Anyway, it was just a shortcut. Sure, we lived in a… rough area, but Mum earned enough for us to live comfortably. We were happy, and that’s all that mattered to me.

I was rudely brought out of my musing by not the expected culprit, InuYasha, but by walking into my front door… literally. I mentally cancelled out the sniggers of the duo by muttering to myself while I searched my favourite black messenger bag with all the badges and Tipp-Ex doodles on it for my set of house keys.

“Keys-oh, oh keys-oh, wherefore art thou, oh keys-oh…?” I lamented, rummaging past my DS, my copy of Twilight, my MacBook, and several notepads. Alas, however, to no avail.

Then it dawned on me. I never put my keys in the main section of my bag, for fear this exact situation would happen. I huffed and zipped my bag shut before yanking roughly at the Velcro strap sealing the front pocket and slipping my hand in, locating the keys almost instantaneously.

“Aha, Bingo,” I muttered, “ Kurai one, keys nil.” I stuck my tongue out at them almost, ok, very childishly.

Kagome and InuYasha were watching, amused at my little spectacle and not understanding a word of what I had just said, aside from “keys”, “Kurai”, and “one”, since I was talking in a mixture of Shakespearian and slang, and even if they did understand, they wouldn’t have heard my minute mumble.

“So are you letting us in or are we going to have to wait on your doorstep any longer?” griped InuYasha.

“Jeez, don’t be so crass, Inu! Remember, patience is a virtue!” I giggled, still riding my victory high. I slid the evasive key into the lock and turned it, shoving the door with my shoulder and twisting the handle in one swift movement which by now came naturally to me. It was only with this particular combination in action that the door would ultimately open.

And sure enough I waved the pair inside before closing the door and putting it on the chain. Better safe than sorry, and thieves had attempted before. I ushered the two along the cluttered hall and into my tip of a room before they could see the state of the living room. You see, Mum had had a “small” party not too long before the events of this story, and to be frank the second it was tidy, Mum would become the host of yet another party.

InuYasha glanced warily around my room before plopping down on my fuzzy cream carpet with a noise that sounded like “Harrumph” and crossing his arms and legs, just like he usually does. Kagome took that as the OK to settle down on my turquoise duvet with the lily on it. She gazed interestedly at my Good Charlotte poster. I strode straight to my towering anime and manga shelf and stood on my dark pink spinny computer chair so I could read the names on and reach my anime. I rifled through “A” to “H”, before stopping at “I”. I scanned the “I”s until I found what I was seeking: my copy of InuYasha episode one, The Girl Who Overcame Time and the Boy Who Was Just Overcome. I prepared myself for an InuYasha marathon. This was going to take some hefty explaining and lots of cola.

To Be Continued…