InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ My Darling Emiko ❯ Miroku's Response ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
As soon as they climbed back out of the well, they headed off towards the village. They were met on the way by Shippo and Miroku.

"Hey! Back so soon?" Miroku asked

"Yeah, Kagome got bored" Emiko said with a shrug and walked off.

"That's a first. She'd rather be looking for shards than studying?" Shippo asked

Inuyasha grunted. "'Bout time she got her priorities straight" he said and Emiko made a face at him. Kagome decided to ignore his remark and just continued walking towards the village. As they approached Kaede's cottage, Sango walked out wearing her pinkish purple haroi, and green skirt..

"Sango!" Kagome said with a smile "I have someone I want you to meet. Emiko, this is Sango. Sango this is Emiko."

Emiko smiled and bowed low before Sango. "Pleased to meet you" she said. Of course who do you think was standing behind her as she bowed? Why, that would be the guy who is now sporting a huge lump on his head for reaching out to grope her.

"Ow! What'd you do that for!?" Miroku yelled at Inuyasha.

Inuyasha just growled at Miroku. Emiko turned around and looked at Miroku and Inuyasha.

"Heh, tried to cop a feel?" Emiko asked, trying to hide her smile

Inuyasha just snorted. "Told you those clothes would give people the wrong impression" he muttered and walked by them.

"Emiko, you don't honestly think..." Miroku started.

"Oh yeah, I think so" she said with a smile then pinched his arm. "But I forgive you."

Sango watched this with interest. Woah...if she doesn't mind his attention that must mean she's a...but what would a nice girl like Kagome be doing with a... and her thoughts went uncompleted as Emiko yelled at Inuyasha.

"Hey Daddy!" she yelled and took off after Inuyasha (who was now in Kaede's cottage).

"Did she say..." Sango said

"Daddy??" Miroku finished and they looked at each other and then back at the cottage. With a shrug Miroku decided to join everyone in the cottage.

As they sat around eating dinner everyone had a chance to explain their stories to Emiko. Shippo told her about the demon brothers that killed his father and that's how he met Inuyasha and Kagome. Sango told her story and Emiko nodded and murmured condolences. Then it was her turn.

"Ah, you don't want to know about me!" she said as she scratched behind one ear and laughed.

"We told you stories about us, tell us a story about you" Sango said tryin to get some info from her.

"Well, I was born a long, long time ago in the future. My parents were happily married, then my mama died, then I left home, then I was alone for a while, then I wasn't then I came back through the well to help you guys. End story" she said and laughed at Shippo, Sango and Miroku's faces. "Hey, I can't tell you too much about myself without quite possibly confusing things. However," she held up a finger "I can tell you a story about something else."

"What's it about?" Shippo asked.

"Oh, it's about a lovely lady and her adventures with her wolf boyfriend."

"A wolf?" Shippo asked, while Inuyasha grunted

Emiko nodded.

"Sounds boring" Inuyasha said and Emiko just rolled her eyes.

"It has all the things that makes a story good: Romance, Adventure, and Murder!" and with a small smile she started her story.