InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ My Darling Emiko ❯ Gameplan ( Chapter 19 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Kagome jogged ahead to catch up with Emiko. "Why do you want to go after Naraku now?" she asked

"Because the sooner it's done, the sooner things will set into motion. I'm running out of time here. Sesshomaru wants Inuyasha's sword in the worst possible way. If he gets it, there is no way to defeat Naraku. We have to get Naraku now while we can."

Inuyasha spoke up from behind them, "Sounds like a good plan of action, only I don't know if we can really defeat them"

Emiko spun around and looked in his face, "Where is the real Inuyasha and who the hell are you?" she asked

"What?" he asked confused.

"Nevermind. Don't worry, I don't plan to fail." she said and turned to walk down the road ahead again.

"There is something bothering her" Sango said.

"Yeah, I wonder what" Miroku said.

"I think I know" Inuyasha said quietly and went ahead to talk to Emiko.

"It's not your fault you were captured" he said. Emiko snorted.

"I should have been more on guard. I was taught to never let my guard down. That makes twice now I've been in trouble. I don't plan on it EVER happening again." she said fiercely.

He nodded and quietly walked beside her. Blech, I've never been so stupid before in my life. What the hell is wrong with me! she thought angrily.

Miroku walked up beside her, "Are you sure you'll be okay?" he asked and she gave him a half-smile.

"Don't worry Miroku, it'll be okay. Soon your curse will be over and you can continue on your way, and I can be on mine." she said with a sad smile.

He looked a little upset by this but didn't say anything. "Oh, do me a favor, don't open up that air rip unless there is absolutely no hope." She said.

"But..."

"No, just promise me" she said fiercely as she stopped and faced him.

"Urk...okay fine, I promise" and she smiled sweetly at him and kissed him on the cheek quickly.

"Good boy." she said.

Meanwhile, Kagome, Inuyasha, Sango and Shippo were all talking amongst themselves a little off to the side with Kilala followig behind. Huyana was behind Emiko. Something about her intentions just wern't right. He wanted to ask her, but there seemed to be a lump in his throat.

"Are we stopping?" Emiko asked, "Or shall we continue on?"

"Um...we can stop I think" Kagome said and looked at Inuyasha. He nodded in agreement and they went off the side of the road to set up camp for the night.

Emiko was sitting by the fire and brushing out her hair watching the firelight flicker and sneaking glances at Huyana. Bah, when did he mean something to you she thought to herself Oh, about the first time you met him. another thought popped into her head. She sighed softly and put the brush back into Kagome's bag.

Kagome and Inuyasha were doing that cutesy stuff that young couples do. You know, holding hands and talking softly. Emiko rolled her eyes at them and leaned back against the tree behind her. Sango was sleeping with Shippo and Kilala curled up next to her, Miroku was also sleeping next to Sango. And Huyana was up in a tree above resting. She too should be asleep or at least resting, but she wasn't very tired. She was busy thinking out her plans for when they met up with Naraku.

As soon as he was dead, her job was done and she had to leave. She didn't mention that to the others, she was sure they'd be upset. Best to tell them after it was done. she thought and nodded as she closed her eyes.

She woke up early the next day. The sky hadn't even started to lighten up yet and she sighed softly. She looked around at her sleeping friends and noticed that Kagome and Inuyasha were curled up together off to the side. She smiled at that picture and wished she had brought her camera. Oh, it's probably ruined from the dunking in the river anyway. Damn it.

She sat up and crossed her legs Indian style and straitened out her back. Oof! she thought as her back popped. She poked at her ribs and found that they didn't hurt anymore. yet another good reason to be 3/4 youkai. she thought. She then closed her eyes and started to think the events of the past few days over in her mind.

Okay, I was caught off guard when I was human, but I couldn't have helped that. I was also caught off guard by that little toad Jaken (She growled softly at that fact) but I guess even the best can be caught off guard once. Now, let's see. We're going to go and face Naraku soon. He's one strong opponent. He'll be a tough one to kill. I'll have to pull out all the tricks I've learned in order to kill him

She mentally started ticking off different moves that she had learned over the years. The few tricks that her husband had taught her, her speed that should help some she thought, and of course her regular attacks with the kwan dao and her claws. She couldn't help, however, thinking that she's missing something important. Then it came to her.

Her mother is the miko of the Shikkon Jewel. She had powers, but they only came out when she was panicked or angry. I must have at least some power from her she thought. She sunk deeper into her subconsciousness and sent out mental feelers to see if she could find any powers that she wasn't aware of.

A memory floated up to her, of the Youkai she had killed after the attack on Huyana. She watched as if from outside herself as she killed the Youkai. She did use a power to finish taking him down, at the end. When she was wounded terribly and was prepared to die. Huh, now how do I tap that? she asked herself I can't just wait until someone dies in order to use it though. she said and snapped her eyes open. But I can't figure it out...damn it! she thought and looked around. The sun was starting to rise now.

She stood up and looked at the tree above her. better than nothing she thought and leaped up and grabbed the first branch and leaped up the branches until she was almost at the top. She then stood there and watched the sunrise. She looked down on her friends and family as they started to stir. She then looked back up and watched the sun continue it's slow rise about the trees.

She felt him climbing the tree beneath her and looked over to see Huyana one branch beneath her. "So, are you ready for today?" he asked quietly.

She nodded and looked at him. "As ready as I think I'll ever be" she said with a warm smile and hopped down a couple branches and leaped from the tree to land a few feet away from where she had slept. She crouched down beside Kagome's bag and pulled out the hair brush.

After pulling the ribbon out of her hair, she brushed her hair out and decided to leave it out. It was beggining to get a mark from all the ponytails she was wearing latly. As she tossed the brush back into the bag, it tipped and her compact fell out. She picked it up and ran her thumbs over the top, caressing the faded grooves of the kanji engraved on the top and put it back into the bag.

"What is that?" Sango asked from next to her.

Emiko smiled. "Family album" and went to helping Kagome pack things back into the bag.

"Family Album?" Shippo asked and Emiko nodded.

"Yeah, pictures of my family are stored in there." She said as she stood up and dusted off her skirt. Blech she thought as she looked down at the green skirt and matching white shirt.

"What's the face for?" Miroku asked as he caught her look as she dusted off the fuku that she was wearing.

"I hated fuku's when I had to wear them for school, and I hate them still." she said miserably.

"Well, we'll just have to go shopping again when this is over." Kagome said with a smile and Emiko laughed.

"Yeah, this time we'll get you something to wear, right?" she said with a wink.

"If you are thinking of getting Kagome something like what you wear-" Inuyasha started to say and Emiko interrupted.

"IF I did, I wouldn't tell you about it." She teased with a laugh and picked up her kwan dao. "Let's go" she said as she double checked to make sure everything was all picked up.

They started down the road and traveled uninterrupted for half a day before Emiko caught the faintest whiff of something.

"What is that?" she asked Inuyasha.

"Naraku." he said softly with a growl and she nodded.

"Okay kids, we need a game plan. Shippo, you stay with Kagome to keep safe unless you can distract him. Miroku, keep Kagome safe, and Huyana, Sango, and Inuyasha, just do what you guys do." they all nodded "We will go ahead first. If he uses his miasma, we can stand it longer than any of you could." She motioned to Inuyasha and herself as she said this. "Sango should fly on Kilala high overhead so, you can tell Kagome to come in. You all okay with this?" she asked.

"Yeah. Should I use my arrows?" Kagome asked.

"I'm counting on you to" Emiko said "That's why you're back here with Shippo and Miroku. Wait until he's distracted and then let him have it." Kagome nodded.

"Okay then, let's get this over with." Emiko said softly and walked to where the scent of Naraku was stronger. She said a silent prayer to the gods and the spirits of her ancestors for help in succeeding as they saw Naraku waiting for them in the middle of a field.

Naraku laughed. "So, you decided to come to me instead of my coming to you? That will make it easier"

"Don't underestimate us!" Inuyasha yelled at him as he drew the Tetsusaiga. Emiko twirled her kwan dao until the stick and blade reached it's full length.

"So, I see you have another helper," Naraku commented, "Not that another half-breed will be able to stop your deaths. She'll just die with you!" and with that a cloud of mist formed and headed towards them.

"Here we go kids!" Emiko yelled and charged down towards Naraku.