InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ My Darling Emiko ❯ Back to the Past ( Chapter 24 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Morning came, and it found Emiko and Huyana standing at the well in her time. She had made sure the her home was shut up tight again, and hoped that she'd be able to see it again. She was dressed in flexable black leather again. Pants, black silky like shirt, leather boots, and a leather jacket. The only thing she had with her was her grandfather's kwan dao. Her father told her to bring it before he left, since it was much more powerful than her own. She decided to leave everything else here, where it was safe.

She sighed softly and turned to the well. Huyana put a hand on her shoulder and smiled at her. She smiled back slightly, but still couldn't shake the feeling that she shouldn't leave.

"It'll be okay." Huyana said softly. Emiko nodded in agreement.

"I sure hope so."

Holding hands they jumped into the well and back into Kagome's time.

As they emerged in Kagome's time, Huyana grabbed Emiko's hand. "I have one question, before we see Kagome and Inuyasha."

"Yeah? What?"

"How is it that Inuyasha becomes a full demon?"

Emiko smiled softly. "That was to take up the mantle of Lord of the Western Lands. Kagome convinces him that it's for the best." Huyana nods in understanding and they turn towards the doors of the shrine.

"Whatever happens, please don't tell them, they know too much as it is." She said softly as they opened the door and looked outside. Inuyasha and Kagome were just starting up the steps as Emiko and Huyana started down them.

"Hi Emiko!" Kagome yelled and ran up the rest of the stairs to hug her. Emiko smiled warmly and hugged her back.

"How was your trip?" Inuyasha asked with a raised eyebrow.

"Fine, talked to you for a bit...ate dinner...you know...stuff." Emiko said with a grin and turned to go back inside the shrine.

Inuyasha grabbed Huyana by the shoulder as the girls went inside the shrine. "Is that all that happened?" he asked with a growl.

Huyana just smiled and shook off the grip on his shoulder. "All that you should be concerned with."

Inuyasha growled softly and Emiko yelled at him from inside. "You guys coming or not?"

With a mutter under his breath to Huyana about talking about this more later he walked inside the shrine. It was then that he noticed Emiko's kwan dao.

"Hey! Where'd you get that!" he cried as he grabbed it from her hands.

"You gave...er are going to give, it to me." She said and grabbed it back. "I was told to bring it with me this time. Oh, and Sesshomaru is after me now, so we kinda have to finish finding the shards and defeat him for good." with that she grabbed hold of Kagome and jumped into the well.

At the top of the well, in feudal Japan, Miroku, Sango, and Shippo waited for their friends to get back. As they emerged from the well, they were greeted with hugs from Shippo.

"Hi! You're back!" he cried happily as he hugged Emiko then leaped into Kagome's arms.

"Of course we are, silly kitsune." Emiko said with a smile. "Hi Sango, how have things been since we've been gone?"

"Well, not good. Rumor is that Sesshomaru is after you." she said. Emiko nodded.

"Yeah, I figured. Best if we stay in the village for only a short time, then head out. Wouldn't want any 'friends' of Sesshomaru's to come looking for us. They all nodded in agreement and went to tell Kaede.

They left the village shortly after and traveled deep into the Eastern lands. That night, as they sat around the fire, Emiko told them she'd take first watch. The other's dozed off one by one. Her ears twisted around as she heard something. Grabbing up her kwan dao she went towards the sound, her nose twitching to try to pick up a scent.

She was just beyond the light of the fire when she was attacked by a youkai. She swung her kwan dao around making a wide arc. She hit it in the arm, lobbing it off at the elbow and jumped back as it extended it's claws and shot them out like darts at her.

"SHIT!!" she yelled as one of the darts hit her in her upper arm. Shrugging off the numbness she felt creep into her arm, she dropped the kwan dao and cursed. "You bastard! I'll kill you with my claws!" she yelled and jumped at it, claws unsheathed.

The youkai cackled evilly. "I know who you are, and I know that Lord Sesshomaru wants you alive. I'm here to bring you back to him." and shot more claw darts towards her.

She dived again and rolled until she was against a tree. "Sesshomaru's after ME?? I'm impressed." Then she yelled: "GUYS!! A LITTLE HELP WOULD BE NICE!!" and jumped at the youkai.

"Ha! Your friends have already felt a dose of my venom, maybe if you come willingly my friends will let them live." Another volley of claw darts shot at her as he said this and she was hit by 3 of them. One in her side, one in her neck, and one in her thigh.

"You LIE!! INUYASHA!! MIROKU!!! HUYANA!!! HELP!!" she yelled as the venom started to work on her system and she dropped to one knee. Her last clear thought was that they really weren't coming and then the world went black.