InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ My Darling Emiko ❯ Lost Now Found ( Chapter 31 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
She woke up to the sound of the old lady looking through a chest. Emiko sat up and noticed that it was still quite dark outside.

"Oh! You're awake! Did I wake you?" the old lady said. Emiko shook her head and her stomach growled loudly.

"Ah, haven't eaten in a while eh?" the old lady asked and Emiko nodded.

"I don't remember when I ate last. So much has happened that I didn't think about it." she trailed off as memories of what happened came to her. She frowned as the old lady handed her a bowl of rice.

"I'm sorry, but it's all I have," the old lady apologized. Emiko smiled slightly.

"This is fine ma'am," and with that started eating. She wanted more than anything to eat the entire bowl in one gulp, but a voice in her head said to take it slowly.

As Emiko ate and stared into the embers of the dying fire, the old lady found what she was looking for. "Ah! I found it!" she said softly and brought out a small jewelry box.

Emiko sat her empty bowl down and crawled over to the lady. "What have you found?"

"This," the old lady opened the box and pulled out a bracelet. It was identical to the one the Lady that saved her gave her.

"Where did you get that! It looks like this one," as Emiko said this, the old lady handed her the bracelet. Emiko slid it onto her other wrist and held her wrists up next to each other. The beads glowed faintly in the light from the fire pit and the old lady sat down next to her.

"My lady gave it to me, when she first went to live with her Lord. She gave me this bracelet to hold onto until the right time. She died before I could give it back to her, but since she gave you that one, I think it's only fitting that you have its mate. I'm not sure what they're power is, but I'm sure they'll help you."

Emiko listened and nodded as the information sunk in. "Your lady lived with the Youkai Lord," she asked incredulously. The old woman nodded.

"Yes, it was the current lord's father," the old lady stood and lifted the cloth hanging over one of the windows.

"Dawn will be here soon, you should leave."

Emiko stood and on impulse hugged the old woman. "Thank you for all you've done for me, I won't forget you."

The old woman hugged her back. "I know you won't, Emiko. Please stay safe, if my lady gave you the bracelets then she must know more about you than even I can guess."

Emiko nodded and waves good-bye as she ran up the road through the town. She was still hungry, but felt better knowing that soon she'd find her companions and be able to figure out who she was. As soon as she figured out who she was, she'd get her revenge on that bastard.

Inuyasha and the others had been searching for Emiko for a week now, moving slowly towards Sesshoumaru's den. Kagome was afraid for her future daughter, as was Inuyasha. Kagome was also worried about Huyana, he'd grown haggard and pale as the days had gone by. Not wanting to eat or sleep. Poor guy blames himself for what happened to Emiko she thought to herself and looked over at him.

Inuyasha put a hand on Kagome's shoulder and she looked over at him and gave a halfhearted smile. It was early in the morning, the sun having just rose fully over the horizon. Kagome sighed then started walking towards the road from where they had camped.

Sango carried Shippou and walked beside Kagome, and Miroku was behind them. Inuyasha walked ahead of them and Huyana took up the rear. Kagome looked back at Huyana. He looked very distressed. His once handsome and perfect face was now full of worry, it was unfocused, and very pale. Kagome tried to hold back tears, since she knew the story of how he lost his other mate and son to Naraku. He’ll lose it if anything happens to Emiko. She said to herself.

Inuyasha started as a familiar scent came to him. He stopped and closed his eyes and stood in the breeze. Yep, definitely familiar. With a cry he started running up the road.

Kagome looked in shock as he ran towards a figure walking in the distance towards them.

"EMIKO," Inuyasha yelled and lifted the surprised girl into his arms and hugged her. He was shocked when she started screaming and hitting him.

"Let me GO!" she screamed and punched him in the face. As soon as he dropped her she scurried back away from him.

"Who are you!? How do you know me?" she yelled at him and looked up at Kagome, Sango, Miroku and Shippou who had run up to her when they heard Inuyasha yell.

"Emiko...don't you know us," Kagome asked and looked at Inuyasha. If he was human he might have one hell of a shiner. Even though he wasn't he still had a good sized welt on his cheekbone where Emiko hit him.

"Nooo...wait! Are you Inuyasha," Emiko looked at the half-youkai she just hit.

"Emiko, what do you mean? Of course I'm Inuyasha," he growled as he stood up. "Don't you remember anything?"

"No...I remember only waking up in a cell at that horrible place with a big lump on my head," she shuddered visibly at the memory of what her NOT remembering brought and forced a smile.

"But now that I've found you, you can help me remember about me!" She said happily.

Huyana had finally caught up to them and couldn't believe his eyes. There was his darling Emiko, standing there like nothing had happened to her. He walked up to her and looked into her eyes.

Emiko smiled at the kitsune who stood before her. The poor guy looked like he'd been through hell. "What's wrong sir?"

"Emiko...don't you at least remember ME?" he asked in a soft voice that shook slightly.

"I'm sorry, but I don't. Were you very worried for me? You don't look that well…" Emiko said and smiled sadly, as if to apologize for whatever had happened.

"You don't remember," Huyana said and shook his head slowly.

"I think we have some serious catching up to do, maybe we should rest for today." Miroku offered.

Inuyasha looked at Kagome and she nodded. Sango and Shippou also nodded. They were agreed. They would find a place to camp for the day and tell Emiko all they knew about her.

Emiko looked at the people around her and frowned. It was too bad that she didn't remember, but she was sure that when she got her memory back, they'd be willing to help her kill Sesshoumaru. She doubted she'd have to tell about how he violated her, they'd probably be willing to kill him for just taking her.

She smiled softly as they walked back down the road to where they had camped the night before. Yes, she was sure they'd help her get her revenge on that bastard, for even as they walked back, and Kagome started to tell her about who she was, she imagined ways she'd kill him slowly, and make him suffer for ever touching her.