InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ My Girl ❯ Save her life ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

*Disclaimer- I don't own Inuyasha or any of its characters!*

My Girl

Chapter 1- Save her life!

Inuyasha was running. The trees whipping past him. There was a scent in the air that made him worry. The scent of blood! Not just any blood, the blood of the person he cared so much about! He continued to run, occasionally stopping to sniff the air to make sure he was on the right track and then taking off again. He saw something up ahead and squinted his eyes to see. The smell of her blood got stronger! He suddenly came to a halt when he reached a river's edge.

"Kagome!" He gasped as he saw her lying on the bank of the river.

She was laying half in, half out of the water. She had a deep gash on her chest, shoulder, and her head. It looked as though she was running from something that attacked her and then slipped and hit her head on the rock that her head rested on now! The rock was drenched in her blood. The river's water was also tainted with her blood.

Inuyasha kneeled down at her side. He was almost afraid to touch her. He carefully tore a piece of his kimono off and tried to clean her up.

'Man! She's lost a lot of blood. She may die if the bleeding doesn't stop! Wait! What am I thinking? She can't die! Not yet! I can't let her die, I won't!' Sitting there thinking of a way to save Kagome he only managed to think of one.

Inuyasha took his claws and made a deep cut in his arm. He winced from the pain he caused himself. He sucked the blood out of his cut and picked up Kagome and kissed her letting the blood he had in his mouth pass through hers and slide down her throat. He broke the kiss and she gasped for breath. She began panting softly as she tried to catch her breath.

'I wish it didn't have to come to that, but if it meant saving her life, then I had to do it!'

Inuyasha tore some more pieces of his kimono off and wrapped Kagome's wounds to try and stop the bleeding. Then he sits down and leans up against a tree. He looks over at Kagome's practically shredded body. He pulled her onto his lap and laid her head on his chest. He hugged her tightly to keep her safe from anything that tried to harm her.

'She's cold! She' not dead, I can still hear her heartbeat. It must have been from being in the cold river for god only knows how long and from her large amount of blood loss.' Inuyasha hugged her even tighter and then resting his head on hers, he fell a sleep.

Morning came faster that he had expected. He opened his eyes and remembered everything that happened last night. Kagome was still in him arms. He didn't smell blood anymore! He looked down at her and her injuries were healed! He was so relieved, but there was something different about her!

'I was afraid of this! I hope that things will still remain the same when he wakes up! I had no choice but to do what I did. If I didn't then she surly would have died and I couldn't let that happen!'

Inuyasha stood up and pulled Kagome onto his back. He was sensing some demons heading their way and wanted to leave before they got to them. He sprinted off somewhere. He didn't know where, just somewhere away from those demons. As he ran Kagome's scent became more noticeable to him. It smelled better than usual. It was irresistible! He stopped at a clearing a placed Kagome gently down and sat down leaning against a tree with her lying at his side.

************************Flashback*******************************

"Kikyo?"

"Don't be so surprised to see me Inuyasha." She walked over to him is a seductive way. They were alone in a clearing in the forest.

"Kikyo what are you doing here?"

"Inuyasha I am here to see you. You see I still love you!" She grabbed him and kissed him.

Kagome, unknown to either one of them was hiding in the bushes watching them. She ran off and Inuyasha heard her get up and run.

He pulled away from Kikyo. "What the hell do you think you were doing?"

He started to run after Kagome, but was stopped by a force field Kikyo put up using her miko powers.

"Damn it Kikyo let me go!"

"Why so you can be with my reincarnation?" Kikyo's eyes flared with anger and sadness.

"Let me GO or I SWEAR I WILL Kill you!" Inuyasha said while loosing his patience. He had a bad feeling something was wrong and that something happened to Kagome. He needed to get to her.

Kikyo looked horrified. She looked Inuyasha straight in the eyes and saw fear, anger, sadness, and worry in his eyes! He started to walk toward her. He opened his hands readying his claws. Kikyo's eyes widened.

'He's serious!' She was frightened and lowered the shield seeing as there was no reason to delay it any longer. She had done what she wanted to do. Her soul gatherers came and wrapped themselves around Kikyo and lifted her off the ground and flew her away. Inuyasha was staring up at the sky where Kikyo once was when the wind blew and a scent hit his nose. A scent that made him feel fear like he had never before. It was Kagome's blood!

'Kagome!' He then took off running toward the scent

************************End of flashback************************

Author's Note: 5-5-03

Hey guys what do you think? It is my first PG-13 story! I am so excited about this story! Please send me a review telling me what you thought! I will update as soon as possible. Oh and to those who read my other stories and sent me reviews thanks a lot! I know I might spell some of the names wrong, but you know who I'm talking about! -^.^- ^_^