InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ My Girl ❯ Explanations ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

*Disclaimer- I don't own Inuyasha or any of its characters.*

Chapter 2- Explanations

Inuyasha looked over at the sleeping form of Kagome. Her steady breathing calmed him. He pulled her in to his lap. He sat there stroking her beautiful, shiny hair. She then began to stir making Inuyasha jump slightly. Kagome groaned and sat up slowly. Inuyasha helped her up by placing his arm around her shoulders to hold her up.

"Inuyasha?"

"Yes Kagome, I am right here."

"What happened? I feel strange."

Inuyasha was silent for a while.

"Kagome I am not sure exactly what happened to you, but..."

Inuyasha was cut off when Kagome's eyes snapped open as wide as they could and stood up really fast.

"Kagome?"

"Inuyasha I remember what happened. I was looking for you, but when I did you were with Kikyo! She kissed you right in front of me! I just couldn't watch so I ran. Then this giant demon came at me. I don't really remember what it looked like because I couldn't see it very good. I was..." Kagome stopped thinking of whether or not to tell him the reason she couldn't see.

'I don't want Inuyasha to know I was crying. He will wonder why and then he may find out that I truly care about him.'

"Kagome, what's wrong?"

"I-I was blinded by tears! OK?! I was upset that you were with Kikyo! The demon attacked me and I couldn't defend myself! He grabbed me and cut me with his claws and then tossed me in the air. I only remember hitting my head on something hard and then feeling icy water rush over my body before I blacked out." Tears were now streaking down Kagome's face. She put her face in her hands and started to cry harder when she jerked her head up in surprise. Tears were still streaming down her face. She looked at her hands. They were different, she had claws!

Inuyasha sat there listening to Kagome feeling bad for not being there for her. He wanted to go over and comfort her and was about to when she jerked her head up in shock. Inuyasha knew, he knew she had just realized what he did to her.

'Now she is going to hate me even more! She's already angry at me because I was with Kikyo.'

Kagome looked at her claws and then ran to the lake to look at her reflection. She was running much faster that she used to be able to. Inuyasha followed her. She reached the river and peered in at her reflection. Her eyes, if possible, grew wider in shock of what she saw. She gasped and brought her hands up over her mouth. She now had long silver hair, the same color as Inuyasha's that was about the length of Kikyo's hair. She had dog-ears on top of her head. (She looked almost identical to Kikyo only she had silver hair, dog ears, and claws. OK sorry, but I just wanted to make sure you understand, Please continue.) Inuyasha walked up beside her and put his hand on her shoulder.

"Inuyasha, What happened to me?"

"Kagome sit down and I will explain." Inuyasha said with his head hung low and sighed. They both sat down

"Kagome, I heard you run off when I was with Kikyo. She came on to me and I had nothing to do with what happened between her and me! I went to run after you, but Kikyo put up one of her spirit shields. I couldn't get through! I threatened her and then ran after you. I had smelt your blood and I became worried. I found you by the river. You had lost a lot of blood and you would've died if I hadn't done what I did. I couldn't let you die, so I did the only thing I could do to save you. I'm sorry."

Kagome looked at Inuyasha confused. 'He was apologizing for what?' She looked over at him and saw that some tears had made their way freely down his face.

"Inuyasha, I don't understand."

Inuyasha was looking at the ground. "Kagome, I made you half demon. I gave you some of my blood to save you. Now my blood flows through your veins and that is why you look the way you do! I have put a curse upon you, just like the curse that was bestowed upon me! Now you will probably hate me for what I have done."

More tears flowed from his eyes and down his cheeks.

Kagome moved closer to him. She lifted her hand to his face and wiped away his tears. Inuyasha looked up at her.

"Inuyasha, I don't hate you for what you did. I don't think of it as a curse. I am grateful that you saved me. I don't hate you."

"You don't hate me for what I did?"

"No. Now let's try and get some sleep. We can go see Kaede tomorrow."

Inuyasha jumped up into at tree and leaned up against it and fell asleep.

Kagome sat down next to the tree he was in and tried to go to sleep. She couldn't. She looked up at Inuyasha. She stood up and jumped up to the branch he was on. Then slowly lowered herself in to his lap and wrapped her arms around his waist. She snuggled her head into his chest and fell asleep.

Inuyasha felt someone grab him and opened his eyes to see Kagome asleep in his lap. He smiled and wrapped his arms around her in a protective way and fell asleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~