InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ My Girl ❯ Dealing with Kikyo ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

*Disclaimer- I don't own Inuyasha or any of its characters!*

Chapter 8- Dealing with Kikyo

***************Kagome's POV**********************

I stood off to the side as Inuyasha stood in front of Kikyo.

"Inuyasha, I came here to tell you that your time here on Earth is up. It is time you come to hell with me." Kikyo said in a some-what calm manner.

"Kikyo, I am not going with you. I have moved on and you must too."

"It is because of that worthless reincarnation of mine isn't it?!"

"Kagome is not worthless! Yes, She is the reason I stay. She is my soon-to-be-mate!"

I could see the shock on Kikyo's face when Inuyasha said that. It brought a small smirk of victory to my face. I had won the battle, between her and myself, over Inuyasha.

"Kikyo, you can not continue to walk this earth the way that you are." I found myself saying.

Kikyo grew angry. Her, now ex, love turned on her and her reincarnation too!

"I will not be told what to do! Inuyasha will come with me!" Kikyo shouted and began to walk forward. The winds began to pick up as the ground under Kikyo and Inuyasha's feet began to glow and then suddenly began to melt. It was just like what happened when Kikyo tried to take Inuyasha to hell the first time. Only Inuyasha was aware of what was happening this time.

"What? I can't move!" Inuyasha struggled to get out of the hole, but to no avail.

I saw them slowly sink into the earth. I could only stare.

"Kagome!!!"

Inuyasha's scream brought me out of my trance. "Inuyasha!"

"Kagome! I can't move!"

I ran over to him.

"Stay back! You will not interfere with my plans!"

I didn't listen to Kikyo. I stood in front of Inuyasha, sinking into the ground just as much as he was, only I could move. I grabbed his arms and tried to pull him out to safety, but he wouldn't budge. I began to slightly panic! I couldn't loose him now!

"You can not break the spell I cast on him." Kikyo stated, while sinking lower in to the ground, as was Inuyasha.

Think Kagome, think! I need to get Inuyasha out of this hole! I berated myself. I was filled with so much emotion my eyes began to spill over with tears. I was thinking about never being able to see Inuyasha again. The prospect of loosing him was unbearable. I was feeling many emotions at that moment. Emotions like anger, sadness, loneliness, etc. Before I new what was happening my body began to glow. The wind grew stronger around me and my hair was whipped about my head in disarray. I was shocked!

******************Inuyasha's POV*********************

OK, so now I am stuck in the hole to hell. How do I get out? I struggled a bit more, but the same thing happened, nothing. I looked up at Kagome. She seemed to be deep in thought. I saw many emotions cross her face, and was beginning to think that she was giving up, but then she began to glow and the wind around us picked up even more. She looked just as shocked as I did. It was her Miko energy! Of course! Kagome had always been able to tap into her powers when shooting arrows, but now she was really tapping into her true powers.

Kagome looked up at my face. I smiled. She grabbed my arms and then pulled me into a tight hug. I would have hugged her back, but my arms were still immobile.

"Please don't go Inuyasha. I don't want you to leave me!" I heard her whisper before the glowing of her body surrounded mine as well.

"What do you think you are doing?! Let go of him!" Kikyo roared, but the command fell on deaf ears.

*******************Normal POV************************

Inuyasha and Kagome slowly began to rise up out of the hole. Lifted by Kagome's powers.

"No! You will not have him!" Kikyo shouted.

Kagome and Inuyasha landed safely on the ground. Inuyasha was now able to move and hugged Kagome back with all his might.

"I would never leave you Kagome, you know that." Inuyasha whispered back.

Kagome sighed. The glowing around their bodies disappeared. The wind around them stopped blowing around them. Kikyo had stopped the descent to hell.

"Why you! You can not have Inuyasha!"

Inuyasha was about to say something to her, but Kagome held out her hand to stop him.

"No, Inuyasha I can handle this." Inuyasha obeyed and let her handle it.

Kagome walked toward Kikyo. "That is a funny thing to say to me, when I already do have him. Inuyasha is my soon-to-be-mate."

Kikyo was grasping at straws and was running out of ways to keep Inuyasha away from Kagome. She was desperate so to speak.

Kagome was completely calm on the other hand.

"Face it Kikyo. You lost. Inuyasha is with me. I can no longer allow you to walk this earth."

"And who are you to decide that? Huh? What can you do to stop me?"

Kagome smirked. "I can send you to hell where you belong!"

The winds picked up in the clearing again, but the ground did not glow again like it did before when Kikyo opened the portal to hell.

Kikyo smirked. "The gate to hell will not open for you."

"That is where you are wrong Kikyo. I am not doing it the same way you did."

Kikyo was confused, but then Her body began to glow and then slowly disintegrated into a something similar to the stars in the sky. Kagome swiped her hand through the air and a small hole appeared. A suction from the hole pulled the pieces of Kikyo into it, never to be seen again. In a matter of about 10 seconds, everything returned to normal. Kagome turned to Inuyasha to see his reaction. A little sadness showed on his face, but it quickly disappeared.

"I am sorry Inuyasha. You know as well as I do that it had to be done."

A/N:

I am happy to announce that I had finished my Final Exams and can now work on my stories! I am so happy! I will try my best to try and get out a couple of more updates before school starts again.

Next Chapter:The steps of the rituals

Story Referrals: I would greatly appreciate it if you would check out my friend's new story on Fanfiction.Net. She would like some reviews, so she can know what she is doing right or what she may need to improve upon so she can make her story better.
To Love is to Loathe- Princess Kagome's love was taken away by her only sister. Can Inuyasha help her get Prince Sesshy back or will his love for her get in the way?

I would also appreciate if you would check out my newest story Alone. Thanx a bunch!