InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ My Girl ❯ A New addition ( Chapter 13 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

*Disclaimer- I don't own Inuyasha or any of its characters!*
 
My Girl
Chapter 13- A New Addition
 
“Hey, Kagome!” Kagome stood and turned. She temporarily forgot about the laundry she was washing in the river and faced Sango.
“What?”
“Hey, do you want to go take a bath in the hot spring?”
“I'm almost done. Sure I'll go!”
“I'll give you a hand.” Sango and Kagome knelt down by the river and finished the laundry.
Kagome wiped the sweat from her brow and Sango wrung out the last shirt and hung it up to dry. Kagome stood with a sigh and Sango followed suit.
“This summer has been hot.” Kagome stated tiredly.
“Yes, but at least fall will be here in a few weeks.” Sango said in a `look on the bright side' way. Kagome just nodded.
“Ready to go?”
“Yeah, but Kagome?” Sango looked a bit uncomfortable.
“Yes?” Kagome asked with her eyebrow raised.
“Could you, u, bring that bubble stuff that smells good?”
“Oh! Bubble Bath! Sure!” Kagome said excitedly and then grinned mischievously. “Any special reason for it?”
Sango blushed. “No!” She replied all t quickly.
“Are you sure?” Sango fidgeted and then quietly whispered her answer.
“What? I didn't hear that.”
Because Miroku liked the smell!” She then blushed the shade of a cherry and quickly turned around embarrassed at the fact that she admitted that information.
“OK.” Kagome shrugged with a smile and turned down the path to Kaede's village to get the bath supplies.
Sango slowly sunk into the hot water with a sigh. Kagome stood near the edge wrapped in a towel. She poured the bubble bath in near the flowing water. Kagome soon joined Sango in the bubble infested water.
“So, Kagome. How are you and Inuyasha doing?”
“Great!” Kagome then dunk her head underwater and resurfaced and relaxed her head back on the rock behind her. Sango was going to say something, but noticed Kagome had that far away look in her eyes, which usually means she is lost in thought. Sango sighed and relaxed in the bath and left Kagome to her thoughts.
`I can't believe I am finally Inuyasha's mate. Sometimes it all seems too good to be true that I am afraid it's all a dream and I will wake up anytime. It was two months ago that Inuyasha and I became mates.' Kagome smiled at the next thought. `And six weeks since we discovered the new addition to our family.'
Flashback
“Are you all right Kagome?” More retching sounds followed, along with gagging. Inuyasha stepped through the bushes to find Kagome bent over with one hand holding her stomach and the other holding her up. Her hair was slung over her shoulder. She stopped, but still remained bent over and took deep gasping breaths. Inuyasha noticed that she was quite pale and was shaking slightly. He slowly walked over to her and rested his hand on her shoulder.
“Are you OK?” Kagome stood slowly and nodded slightly. “Do you want to go to the stream to wash up?” She nodded again and Inuyasha put his arm around the trembling girl's shoulders and slowly guided her to the stream. Kagome felt better now that there was nothing in her stomach.
They reached the stream soon enough and Kagome knelt down and cupped the water with her hands and washed her face and rinsed her mouth. Inuyasha simply crouched by her and held her hair out of the way. Kagome smiled.
“Thanks Inuyasha.” He nodded and let her hair down and helped her stand. “Inuyasha, I want to go to my time to get some medicine. I don't usually get sick like this and I would like to see a doctor.”
“Feh, fine, but I'm coming too.” Kagome hugged him. “Alright let's get your stuff and head out.” Kagome kept her arms around his waist, but turned her body and walked back with him. He put his arm around her waist and walked on with her.
“Ready?” Inuyasha asked with one foot resting on the lip of the well. Kagome nodded. Inuyasha wrapped his arm around Kagome and jumped into the well. The familiar blue light that carried them to the other side greeted them and they arrived in Kagome's time. Inuyasha jumped out of the well with Kagome and let go of her. They walked up the stairs and slid the door of the well house open. Kagome and Inuyasha walked out into the yard. A soccer ball come flying toward Kagome and she caught it instinctively before it hit her face. Souta came running toward her.
“Sorry sis!” he yelled as he ran. She shook her head and tossed him the ball.
“Is Mama home?”
“Yeah, she's in the kitchen.” Kagome nodded and she and Inuyasha went into the house while Souta continued playing soccer.
“Mama!” Kagome called when she came in.
“Kagome?” Her mother came from around the corner. “Is something wrong? You've only been gone two weeks.”
“Yeah, I was sick this morning and I came to…-" Kagome's mother grabbed her wrist and pulled her upstairs to her(Mrs. H's) room and slammed the door shut. Inuyasha stood in the kitchen blinking and confused. He shrugged and went into the family room to sit on the couch and wait.
888 In the Room 888
Kagome's mother ran into the adjoining bathroom and came out with a little pink box. Kagome blushed when she saw it.
“Kagome, I want you to take this.” She shoved it in Kagome's hands and then proceeded to push Kagome into the bathroom. Kagome stood in the bathroom holding the box. Her mother just handed her a pregnancy test! She decided to humor her mother and took the test, according to the directions on the box. Kagome had to wait 15 minutes, so she left the bathroom and waited in the room with her mother. Kagome kept her eye on the clock.
“Why did you have a pregnancy test in your bathroom?” She asked her mother curiously.
“Well, after you two left after the wedding I went out to get this. I do remember what a wedding night entails Kagome. I just got it incase.” Kagome blushed and nodded.
“Well, the times up. Mama, can you check it for me?” Kagome's mother smiled and nodded and slowly walked into the bathroom. It was a good ten minutes since Kagome saw her mother go into the bathroom and just when she was going to get up to get her she walked out in a daze.
“Mama?” Kagome's mom's eyes snapped toward her.
“Kagome. It's…….Positive!” She squealed. Kagome gasped and stood there in shock and wasn't sure how to react. A few minutes later and Kagome and her mother screamed in excitement and hugged. Kagome began to cry tears of joy.
Inuyasha heard the scream and ran up the stairs and burst into the room. Kagome turned to look at him with tears in her eyes. His stomach dropped and he became extremely worried.
“Kagome?” she ran toward him and hugged him and cried. Unknown to Inuyasha these were tears of joy.
“It's positive Inuyasha!” Kagome happily sobbed. Inuyasha was confused. He pulled Kagome away from him and looked her in the eyes.
“What does that mean?”
She smiled. “I'm, I'm pregnant Inuyasha.” She hugged him again and he pulled her up and kissed her passionately.
End of Flashback
Kagome rubbed her stomach, that was a little rounder, but hardly noticeable. Her and Sango got out and changed.
“We should hurry and get back to make the boys dinner.” Kagome cheerfully stated.
“Let's go!” Sango agreed and they left for Kaede's hut.
888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888
A/N:
Hey all! I am so sorry for the wait. I have a wonderfully new idea for this story and will put the new plot in effect next chapter. I will be extremely slow with my updates, as usual. Sry for that, but lately I haven't been inspired to write, that and the fact that I haven't had time to actually sit and write. Tonight I had a reprieve in the homework and was able to write this. Well, the next chapter to this story is written, it just needs to be typed. I am also working on chapter 15. Regarding my other stories, see my bio page for progress with stories. Good luck to you all just starting school! I know I'll need it! I can't believe it has been 3 weeks already! Well, anyways, I hope you enjoyed this mushy, corny chapter. Review Please!