InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ My Other Life ❯ A Group Date ( Chapter 12 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: There was no reaction because the scars Kagome has are on her arms and legs and are barely visible. You would have to really look hard to see the scars. They've faded in time so there's not much really to see. Now the scars that you would notice right off the bat are the ones on her lower back. Her back got the most damage from the beatings her adoptive mom gave her. Her `mom' didn't want people staring at her arms or legs or anything, so she just did all of her evil things on Kag's back. So, does that answer your question Aitu? Oh yeah and she was wearing a swimsuit, plain. Nothing fancy. Just note that when Kagome wears swimsuits and stuff like that, they're going to cover up the scars.

And also, I had intended to have this story up by Friday, but as you can see it didn't turn out that way. School is about to start and with preparing for it and stuff, I haven't had time to write lately. But just to warn you in the future, I'll try to have these chapters up by every Friday. Just don't expect too much this week. I'll be busy then too. Okay on with the show!

Naraku clucked his tongue to himself, impatiently waiting for the arrival of Kagura. She had told him that she would meet him out in the garden again five minutes ago to tell him the situation with Kikyou. Normally, Naraku was a pretty patient person. If he hadn't of been then Kikyou would have already paid the price for not already have given him his money. But right now, he had other things to be doing besides waiting for some information on a girl who owed him money.

Naraku had just turned to leave when he heard the rattling of the bushes before Kagura appeared before him. Naraku said very quietly, "You're late."

Kagura knew that Naraku didn't like waiting for her, which was why she had purposely taken her time to get down to the garden. Giving Naraku what Kagura hoped to be an apologetic expression, Kagura said, "Forgive me Naraku. I had trouble getting down here. It seems that I can't get a moment to myself after the elimination process yesterday."

Naraku accepted her apology with a simple nod of his head before waiting again for Kagura to continue. Bluntly, she said, "Kikyou's been eliminated."

Naraku wasn't surprised at this information. He hadn't really expected Kikyou to win the contest with Inuyasha with the stunt she had pulled on that Kagome girl. Naraku had already known from the start that Kagome was going to be a problem. He could tell as soon as he had seen her. At first he had been surprised at the likeness she bore to Kikyou. Similarities ended there. It was apparent from the start that although Kagome may somewhat look like Kikyou, she in no shape or form acted like her.

"So, Kagura. What are you going to do about this? Unless you have forgotten, you can't leave me unless you successfully accomplish this task I have given you."

Bitterly, Kagura said, "Trust me Naraku. I haven't forgotten. And you can bet that Kikyou will win. I'll see to that."

Naraku really didn't care whether his niece did the job successfully or not. All he wanted was his money. If Kikyou was unable to pay him however… Naraku smiled evilly at the things he would enjoy doing to Kikyou to make her life even more miserable than it already was.

Kagura felt a shiver go down her spine at Naraku's smile. One thing was for sure - one way or another, she was going to leave Naraku or either die trying in the process. Kagura bowed, preparing to take her leave.

Before she had fully left, though, another person came from the shadows. Kagura turned and was surprised to see none another than the person they had been talking about - Kikyou.

Naraku didn't show his surprise. Instead, he said graciously, "Kikyou. How very nice to see you again." Dropping all pretense of politeness, Naraku asked coldly, "Do you have my money?"

Kikyou looked at Naraku with hate in her eyes. "You already know I don't Naraku. I will get the money though. I can promise you that by the time this whole stupid contest is over, I'll have your money." Kikyou's grin was deadly. "And I know exactly how to do it too without putting suspicion on myself."

Naraku was intrigued. He knew that Kikyou would pay him back someday; he just hadn't known to what lengths she would go too to do it. Making his voice void of any emotion, Naraku said, "And how do you think you will accomplish that?"

Kikyou's gaze turned away from Naraku and up at the palace she had just a day ago been living in. "Let's just say that Inuyasha doesn't quite trust our little thief yet. And I'm going to make sure that that trust is shattered when I steal yet another one of his precious objects."

Kagura slipped back into the shadows to let Naraku and Kikyou finish their conversation. Besides, it wasn't any of her business what Naraku and his debtor talked about.

~*~

Sango looked at a peaceful sleeping Kagome. Grinning, Sango quietly snuck over to her friend with a red bucket held in mid-air. Pulling back the covers carefully so as not to wake her, Sango slowly poured the sticky substance over her friend making sure that it didn't touch her face.

Laughing quietly behind her hand, Sango put the now empty bucket of honey onto the dresser next to Kagome and snuck over to her side of the room. She went down on all four knees and grabbed a bag of chocolate chips and glue that had been resting underneath the bed all day.

Kagome may have forgotten all about the small pranks she had pulled on her friend, but Sango hadn't. She had told Kagome that she would get her back and Sango always made sure she kept her threats. I can't wait to see what her reaction is when she wakes up.

Being careful so as not to make a sound, Sango opened up the bag as quietly as possible. Getting the bottle of glue, Sango put some on the bottom of one chocolate chip and placed it carefully on Kagome's face. Sango grabbed another and did the same thing she had done to the first. She kept doing this until the entire bag was empty.

Sang then snuck over to Kagome's dresser and placed the empty bag on top of it with the half empty glue bottle sitting right next to the bag. She then snuck back over to her side of the bed, and with a happy smile, went back to sleep.

~*~

Kagome turned over to the other side of her bed and frowned in her sleep. Turning back over to the side she had been on previously, Kagome's frown turned deeper. Why was it that whenever she turned to the other side of her bed, something sticky would come with her?

After a few more twists and turns, Kagome couldn't take it anymore. The stickiness was bothering her. She just couldn't sleep anymore. Opening one eye sleepily, it took Kagome a while to figure out where she was. Realization dawned on her when she saw Sango sleeping peacefully on the other side of the room.

Kagome yawned and stretched out her aching muscles. She was in mid stretch when the scent of honey stopped her. Why would honey be in their room? Kagome took another sniff. The scent was actually pretty strong. Come to think of it, it was like the honey was directly on top of her.

Kagome eyes widened and she quickly looked down at herself. Honey was dripping from her arms and legs and sides. It was everywhere she looked. Kagome scrambled out of the bed and with an ear-piercing shriek, screamed at the top of her lungs.

Sango's eyes popped open at Kagome's scream. Comprehension dawned on her when she realized it was Kagome's scream. With a satisfied smile, Sango put her hands underneath her head and sat back to watch the rest of the show.

Kagome looked over at her best friend and saw with some surprise that Sango was sitting there grinning like an idiot. That grin was what slowly brought the suspicion that maybe her friend had something to do with this.

Marching over to Sango, Kagome demanded, "Did you do this to me?"

Sango looked at Kagome innocently. "Why Kagome. How could you ever think of me doing something like that?"

With those words, Kagome was now a hundred percent sure that Sango had done this to her. Kagome said evilly, "I do hope you know that this means war."

Sango's grin grew wider. "Bring it on."

"I see someone has been up a little early." Kagome and Sango both turned their gazes from each other and toward the door. There Miroku, Inuyasha, and Kouga all stood with mouths agape.

Kagome and Sango's faces both grew beet red and at the same time screamed, "Get out of our room!"

Kouga was still looking at Kagome with shock. This made Kagome grow even redder and to make sure that they got their points, walked over to her dresser and grabbed the glue bottle. "I said get out you perverts!"

Miroku took a daring step in and tried to reason with the already embarrassed girl. "Now Kagome, we only wanted to see what was the -"

The glue bottle hit Miroku smack dab in the forehead and left a big ruby red mark on his forehead. This time, Kagome went for the lamp. Seeing that she was serious, all three males hastily made their retreat.

Kagome had had no intention of ever throwing the lamp, but the guys' didn't have to know that little piece of information. Setting down the lamp, Kagome turned to Sango with a grin. "Watch your back Sango. I'll get you back for this."

Sango just grinned back. Kagome grabbed a towel and some soap and made her way to the bathrooms. As soon as the door shut, Sango rushed out of bed and put her back towards the door.

And as she predicted, another scream was heard from Kagome, but this one was louder than the last. And yet again, the guys came back but only this time, they weren't going to get in.

"She's fine! Don't come in!"

"If she's so fine, then let us see for ourselves!" Kouga shouted back.

"She really is fine. She's just now noticing the chocolate chips on her face."

There was silence as the guys took this in. Knowing they were about to leave, Sango said, "And don't come back up here when she screams again and again. Removing those tasty treats will probably be painful. So don't be alarmed if she scream every now and then."

There was a laugh on the other side of the door that Sango recognized as Inuyasha's. "You did this to her, didn't you Sango?"

You could practically hear the laughter in Sango's voice as she replied back. "Yes it was me."

Sango sighed in relief as she heard their footsteps retreating back from the door. Turning around, Sango went over to her side of the room and looked at the different clothes she had hanging in her closet. "Now, I wonder what I can wear today."

~*~

Kagome furiously plucked at the last chip on her face and put it in the small pile with the others. She couldn't believe that Sango had glued the chips to her face. Okay, so maybe she had forgotten about those small pranks she had pulled on Sango with Miroku. And yes, to a point she supposed it was her fault that she hadn't had her guard up. But still. Chocolate chips? Honey? If there was one thing Kagome liked, it was being clean. And right now, she definitely wasn't clean.

Picking at her sticky pajama's, Kagome pulled them off and hurriedly walked into one of the many showers. Turning the knobs onto full blast, Kagome stepped back and closed her eyes. Now here was something she could get used to.

As the water hit her face and body, Kagome began to plot her revenge for Sango. Kagome was pretty good at these pranks seeing as when she had been living with her `mom', she had pulled some on her many times. Of course, she wasn't always caught. But the times when she had been… Kagome rubbed at her back already imagining the pain.

Kagome's eyes took on a distant look as she thought of her mother. Her real mother. Kagome really didn't remember much about her except that she had been one of the most kindest and caring ladies. Kagome smiled as she remembered one of her fondest memories.

Her mother had been pregnant with a child at the time. She and her mother had been shopping when they had passed by a pet store. Kagome had tugged on her mother's hand and finally, she had given in to go inside. Kagome had been fascinated by all of the different animals around her. There was just so many to choose from: birds, cats, dogs, mice, fish and other things Kagome hadn't been able to pronounce at the time.

When they had gotten over to the cats, Kagome had looked at every single one of them with awe and fascination. But one cat had caught her attention. He was such a tiny thing; an orange tabby that Kagome instantly fell in love with.

Her mother had seen the cat that her daughter was looking at. A couple hours later, Kagome had walked out of the pet shop, a silly grin on her young face. She had given him the name Buyo.

A small sob escaped Kagome as she thought of her mother. She really didn't remember anything much after that. Bits and pieces would come to her sometimes, but nothing of real value that Kagome could use.

Kagome would sometimes wonder what had happened to her mom, and her cat, not to mention her unborn baby brother or sister. If they were still alive or if they were dead.

A small sob escaped Kagome's throat again as she thought of all this. Kagome couldn't remember anything else after they had bought Buyo. The only thing she could remember was being taken to her new mother.

Those ten years of her life had been a living hell for Kagome. When her new mother had found out that Kagome wasn't the perfect daughter she had always wanted, Kagome had been treated with just about as much respect as the servants had gotten - none. It had been made worse when Inuyasha's sword had been stolen and the blame had been put on her. That was when the beatings had started.

Kagome forced her thoughts away from the past. She wasn't going to dwell on something that had happened years ago. Especially when that something caused her so much pain that she just want to forget about it.

Kagome realized with a start that she had been in the shower for a long time as the water was starting to get cold. Kagome quickly washed her body from the gooey honey, her hair, and then turned it off. Kagome pushed back the shower curtain and reached for her towels. She wrapped one around her body and the other around her hair.

Kagome silently made her way back toward her room to get ready for the day.

~*~

Kagome brushed out the tangles from her hair one last time and set down the brush on her dresser. Kagome decided to let her hair air dry instead of her getting out the hair dryer to blow dry her hair.

Kagome turned to the door, and brushing down a few wrinkles from her dress, made her way toward the main doors. She never reached them, however, as Sesshomaru intercepted her first.

"Before you go outside Kagome, please follow me." Sesshomaru didn't offer any explanation why she was to follow him; she was just supposed to do it without question. Kagome wasn't going to put up a fight either. As far as she was concerned, the sooner Sesshomaru said his piece, the sooner she could go outside.

However, instead of turning towards the library or dining room, Sesshomaru walked right passed Kagome and out the doors. Kagome blinked and hurriedly tried to catch up with the demon lord.

Sesshomaru passed the lake and went around to the back where Kagome saw in surprise a rose garden. Looking at the different colors of the roses, Kagome couldn't resist stopping and smelling each one.

This was taking to long for Sesshomaru and he grabbed her by the arm and dragged her to the other people that were waiting. Letting go of her arm, Sesshomaru walked over to one of the benches and sat down. Kagome followed his example and sat near Sango.

"Now I'm not going to waste my time by explaining myself, but you are all to have a group date with my little brother." Sesshomaru just glanced at Kouga and Miroku, his eyes daring them to make a comment about what he had just said. Neither bothered.

"The group date will be at a dancing club though. The club is called Double Toil and you are guests there. They are already notified about your arrival so you do not have to worry about being mobbed." The last was said for Inuyasha.

Sesshomaru looked at every single person and lifted one eyebrow. "Well? What are you waiting for? Go to the limo and be gone."

Inuyasha was the first to regain his composure back. "Sesshomaru, it's the middle of the day. Don't you think that we should go at night?"

"No." He didn't say why he thought so.

"Yeah, if we are to go to this dance club, I'd like to think it would be at night. I mean, are they even open yet? It's only 1:00."

Sesshomaru shrugged. "If they are not, they will be when you get there."

Inuyasha sat back in his seat and said, "I ain't goin'."

Sesshomaru said with deliberate calm, "Yes you will little brother."

Inuyasha smirked. "Let me rephrase that. I ain't goin' until its night."

The others agreed. With narrowed eyes, Sesshomaru looked at each one. Finally he just shrugged. "Fine. But it's your own funeral." Sesshomaru got off of the bench and made his way back toward the palace.

Kagome looked at Sesshomaru's retreating form and said what was on everybody's mind, "I wonder what he meant?"

Inuyasha just snorted. "Who cares? I won the argument and that's all that really matters."

This time it was Kagome who snorted. "That wasn't much of an argument Inuyasha." Inuyasha glared at Kagome then rose from the bench.

"Whatever. I'm going to be out for a while." Inuyasha grinned. "And don't worry. I won't be gone long enough for you to miss me ladies." Inuyasha ran off before any of the girls could make a comment.

Not wanting Inuyasha to have the last word, Kouga shouted, "Don't worry! Kagome won't miss you since she has me with her!"

Miroku grinned and shouted, "None of the ladies will miss you Inuyasha since I am here with them too!"

Kagura, Kagome, and Sango looked at Miroku before shaking their heads. They weren't even going to make a comment about that.

~*~

"Hurry up Sango! We're going to be late!"

"I'm going as fast as I can Kagome!"

Kagome tapped her foot impatiently while at the same time looking at the clock. After Inuyasha's departure, everyone had basically split up to do their own thing. Sango had taken out a book to read while Kagome had stayed outside in the rose garden. Nobody knew where Kagura had gone and at the same time nobody really cared. Miroku had gone back inside of the palace to do whatever and Kouga had stayed with Kagome.

When nighttime had come, Kagome had gone back up to her room to change out of her dress and into some pants. If she was to be dancing, she wasn't going to be doing it in a dress of all things. When Kagome had gotten up to the room, she had found Sango asleep. It briefly occurred to her to get her revenge right then and there, but she didn't have the time to do it. She had woken her up and told her it was time to get dressed for the night club.

Kagome had changed from the long-sleeved dress she had been wearing, into some black slacks and a dark purple tank top. Kagome had slipped on a pair of black leather boots that she had "borrowed" from Sango. Kagome didn't bother doing anything fancy with her hair. She just left it hanging down her back. Just a tad of perfume and she had been ready to go.

When Kagome had come out of the bathroom, Sango had been asleep again. Kagome didn't think about what she had been about to do, she just did it. She poured a bucket of cold water over Sango's head, which made Sango come instantly awake. This had all happened an hour ago.

She was still waiting for Sango come out of the bathroom so they could get going. Looking at her watch for the hundredth time, Kagome shouted, "Will you hurry up Sango!"

"I'm ready. Let's go." Sango came out o the bathroom wearing skintight black pants and a skintight black shirt. Sango had pulled her hair back into a high ponytail with a black barrette. She was also wearing black leather boots. The only thing on Sango that wasn't black was the dark plum eye shadow on her eyes.

The girls rushed out of their room and down the stairs. When they had gotten out of the door, they saw with relief that they weren't the only ones who were late. Inuyasha, Miroku, and Kouga weren't there yet. The only person who was there was Kagura.

She had on the same outfit Kagome had seen when she had first saw Kagura. A few feathers in her hair and a pretty white kimono that Kagome was still unsure what the designs resembled.

Smiling, Kagome said politely, "You look really pretty Kagura."

Kagura just smiled. She didn't say thank you but instead just turned her head away and looked towards the sky. Kagome didn't say anything about her lack of manners and in turn ignored Kagura like she was ignoring them.

After only a few moments, the guys finally arrived. Inuyasha was wearing a baggy red shirt with baggy white pants. His hair wasn't tied up and Kagome watched with fascination as it blew in the wind. One day, she was going to have hair as pretty as his. Kagome blinked in surprise as she realized Inuyasha was wearing shoes. The half-demon didn't wear shoes, so it was a little surprising to see him wearing them.

Kouga was wearing a brown t-shirt with black baggy pants. His hair was tied with a strip of leather. He smiled at Kagome and she laughed as she looked at Kouga's tail sticking out in the back of his pants. His shoes were just plain brown loafers.

And finally, Kagome turned her gaze towards Miroku. He was wearing loose black slacks and a baggy black t-shirt. His hair was pulled back in the small ponytail he favored. The shoes he wore were like Kouga's.

Inuyasha finally noticed that Kagome was staring at his feet. "You have a problem or something Kagome?"

Kagome snapped out of staring at his feet, and said sheepishly, "Sorry `bout that Inuyasha. I'm just not used to seeing you with shoes on your feet."

Inuyasha didn't say anything, but wordlessly got into the awaiting limo. The others followed his example.

As Miroku shut the door, Kouga smirked. He knew he shouldn't tease Kagome like he was about to do, but this was an opportunity he just couldn't miss.

"Hey Kagome?"

Kagome stopped chatting with Sango and looked at Kouga. "Yes Kouga?"

The engine started to life and they slowly began to leave the driveway and enter the main roads. Kouga made his way toward the door by his left, which happened to be the closest to him. "Miroku, can you please block the door near you." Miroku sent him a puzzled look, but did as he was asked.

Turning his attention back toward Kagome, Kouga asked her, "Guess who's driving the limo?"

"Who?"

Kouga's grin grew wider. "Hiten."

At first, the name didn't mean anything. Then, Kagome's eyes widened as she remembered the guy who drove her here to the palace. It was the crazy maniac.

Kagome scrambled away from Sango and Inuyasha and went over to Miroku. "Open up the door!"

Miroku sent Kouga another puzzled look, but shook his head in the negative. "I can't do that Lady Kagome. The car is already moving. You would get hurt."

"I'm going to get hurt if I stay in this car. Now open up the door Miroku!"

Before Miroku could reply, Hiten had already gotten onto the main road and was making Kagome's fears come true. Every person was thrown to the left except for Kouga, Kagura, and Inuyasha. Kagome figured that Inuyasha and Kagura must be used to this or else they would have gone along with the rest of the gang.

As Kagome looked at Inuyasha from her upside down position, she glared at the smirk she saw on his face. Kagome pushed her body of the floor and sat right side up. Turning her glare to Kouga, she said accusingly, "You knew he was going to be our driver the whole time, didn't you?"

Kouga grinned and then shrugged. "Yeah. But I wasn't going to tell you because I knew you wouldn't have gotten in the limo if I had."

Kagome never got to reply as Hiten made a turn into another lane, narrowly missing a car as he did. This time Kagome and everybody were thrown to the right, near Inuyasha.

"Having problems staying on your feet Kagome?" Kagome pushed her body off of the floor and in the process kicked Sango.

"Watch your feet Kagome! You just kicked me in the knee!"

Kagome apologized and then glared at Inuyasha again while at the same time putting her butt back in its seat. "And I suppose you knew who was driving also?"

Inuyasha nodded. "'Course I did."

Kagome helped Sango to her feet. Sango sat back down and grabbed the seats with both hands, intending to hold on for dear life. Miroku just lay there on the floor, not bothering to get up.

"You stuck or something Miroku?"

"No Inuyasha. I just figure why bother getting up when I'll be thrown back down? As far as I'm concerned, I'll just stay down here for the rest of the ride thank you."

Inuyasha shrugged. "Suit yourself."

Kagome looked out the window and watched in horror as the light changed from green to yellow then to red. Hiten didn't even slow down. Oh no, he sped up.

"Is he actually going to go through that red light?" Kagome asked in horror.

Kouga looked out his window and smiled. "Looks like it."

"How can you be so damn calm? We may just die and you make it sound like we're talking about the stupid weather!"

Kagome didn't listen for a reply as she looked out her window again. The limo went past the light and into the intersection. Kagome squeezed her eyes shut as she heard honks and curses. Opening one eye, Kagome realized that she was still in one piece and wasn't on the road in different sections of the road.

Excitedly, Kagome hugged the first person she came into contact with - Inuyasha. Kouga looked on in disbelief as he watched his woman hug another guy. Angrily, he said, "Get your dirty paws off my Kagome mutt face!"

Inuyasha had been surprised when Kagome had hugged him. He was about to pry her off him when Kouga's shouting made Inuyasha think better of it. Instead he hugged her back while looking defiantly at Kouga.

Kouga pushed every one out of his way, and mindless of the swerving car, grabbed Kagome's arm and pulled. "I said get off!"

"Why should I wimpy wolf?" Inuyasha taunted. Inuyasha hugged Kagome even closer, which as he predicted, made Kouga even angrier.

Kagome pushed away from Inuyasha's chest and with a slight blush, glared at both males. "I'm not anybody's anything. So just drop it okay?"

Kagome sat back down with a huff but was quickly reminded who was doing the driving as Hiten almost hit another driver. Kagome grabbed onto the seats and held on for dear life.

~*~

"Hentai!"

Sango watched with sad eyes as Miroku got hit in the face for the tenth time that night. Ever since they had arrived at the dance club, instead of dancing Sango had sat in the background watching Miroku dance with girl after girl and get hit in the face girl after girl.

She had foolishly thought that the kiss they had shared had meant something. But as usual, she was wrong.

As sad as it was to admit to herself, Sango knew that she had an attraction to Miroku. Even after all the times he had felt her butt, she still was attracted to him. But Sango swore that he wouldn't know about it because most likely he would just take advantage of that attraction and use her.

She was positive of this fact because even after he had kissed her the way he did, he still would go up to girls and ask them the same question he had asked her. And if that didn't work, he would feel their butts.

Sango swore that she was never going to let Miroku know he she felt about him. She couldn't afford the heartache he was sure to give her when if was unfaithful. Sango had to keep repeating to herself why she was even there. She had to keep picturing her little brother's face when she felt her resolve weakening.

Sango sighed. She was supposed to be her to charm Inuyasha. But the only person she wanted to charm was Miroku.

"Wanna dance?"

Sango's eyes opened as she looked at the smiling face of Miroku. Sango's instant thought was to say no. But instead of her mouth saying no, it said, "Yes."

Miroku's smile broadened as he took Sango's hand and led her out to the dance floor. He was finally able to have her to himself. Inuyasha was to busy dancing, or trying to at least, with Kagome. With the different dozen of ladies trying to cut in, it was kind of hard to dance while at the same time warding off other women.

Kagura hadn't danced a single dance ever since they had arrived. It wasn't like she hadn't been asked, because she had, it was just she didn't want to.

As Miroku walked out onto the dance floor, his hand entangled with Sango's, he reflected happily that he finally had Sango where he wanted her - in his arms.

Miroku stopped and drew Sango in his arms. The song was a slow song, which suited Miroku just fine. Looking at Sango, Miroku thought sadly that she was too beautiful to ever even consider being interested in him.

He wasn't going to get his heart trampled on if he told her how he felt. He was going to keep inside and just enjoy himself for the night.

~*~

Kagome looked over at Sango and Miroku and smiled to herself. The two deserved each other. Somehow, someway Kagome was going to play matchmaker and get them together. Speaking of matchmaker…

Kagome smiled as she rested her head on top of Inuyasha's shoulder. Right now, Kagome felt like she was in paradise. For her, it was just the two of them. Kagome and Inuyasha. Inuyasha and… Kikyou?

Kagome's eyes widened in surprise as she watched Kikyou from over Inuyasha's shoulder. Kikyou wasn't to far away form where Kagome and Inuyasha were dancing.

Kikyou looked over at Kagome and met her eyes. With a satisfied smile, Kikyou finally decided to put her plan in action. She whispered something in the guy's ear she was dancing with. The guy looked at Kikyou then left her out on the dance floor. Kikyou then made her way toward Kagome and Inuyasha and with a non to gentle push, pushed Kagome out of Inuyasha's arms and settled herself in her place.

Kagome looked in shock at first, and then the shock was replaced by anger. How dare she just butt in? Had she already forgotten what she had admitted to Kagome about Inuyasha? Kagome opened her mouth, ready to blast Kikyou, when Kikyou whispered something in Inuyasha's ear.

Inuyasha looked at Kikyou then nodded. He took her hand and, not bothering giving Kagome a second glance, left the dance floor and went outside.

Kagome watched all of this in stunned silence. He had just left with Kikyou. He had just left with that no good, lying thief! Kagome let the anger take over her mind, so she wouldn't have to face the pain that wanted to consume her.

No more. Kagome was tired of being second best to Kikyou. For all she cared, he could have her. Kagome was just tired of it. If Inuyasha wanted to have Kikyou over her, then so be it. It wasn't like she cared. Kagome knew that with every thought that passed through her mind, she knew deep down, that she was lying. She cared.

She cared a lot.

A/N: Another chapter done. Yay! Okay, so I have my reasons why Inuyasha went outside with Kikyou. The plot is beginning to thicken people. Inuyasha's not a complete idiot. Oh yeah, and that whole finding Buyo and falling in love him, I made that up in case you didn't know that already. I have no idea when or how they bought Buyo. Don't tell me that's not how they bought Buyo in your reviews because I already know that. If you do know when they bought Buyo, do tell me. I'd love to know. So until next time. Toddles!