InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Naraku's Desire ❯ Chapter 26 ( Chapter 26 )

[ A - All Readers ]
Disclaimer: I do not own InuYasha.....I do however own Yanna and any other character that I create.....A/N: ~~...~~ denotes flashbacks, dreams, and nightmares; **...** denotes changes in scenery, * denotes special notes at the bottom of the chapter.




Chapter 26 ~ The Resurrection



They all couldn’t believe that Yanna was dead. They were all taking it hard but not as hard as InuYasha was.

“Let’s take her back to Kaede’s, InuYasha,” Kagome said sympathetically.

InuYasha didn’t say anything. He just sat there with Yanna in his lap. He didn’t want to move. InuYasha just wanted to die right then and there with Yanna. InuYasha was so busy with trying to figure out how to bring Yanna back to life that he didn’t hear what Kagome had said to him.

“She’s gone. InuYanna is gone and it is all my fault,” InuYasha said sadly.

“InuYasha, it’s not your fault for what happened to InuYanna. She did what she thought was right,” Sango said sadly as well.

Miroku and Sango tried to take Yanna’s body away from InuYasha so they could put her on Kirara’s back. InuYasha growled at them and pulled Yanna’s body closer to him.

“I’ll take care of this,” Kagome said to Sango and Miroku.

Kagome approached InuYasha slowly and cautiously. She knew that he was only being protective of Yanna even though she was dead. Kagome was able to understand where InuYasha was coming from because she would have done the same thing for Souta.

“InuYasha, please, let’s get her back to Kaede’s before it is too late,” Kagome pleaded with him.

InuYasha looked Kagome dead in the eyes. He knew that Kagome was right but he just wasn’t ready to let go of his sister’s body just yet.

“Kaede can’t help her now. Just go back to Kaede’s and I will meet you guys there when I am done. There is something I need to do on my own,” InuYasha said as he stood up with Yanna’s body in his arms.

“Where are you going, InuYasha?” Kagome asked.

“To see Sesshoumaru,” InuYasha said.

With that said, InuYasha put Yanna on his back before he left to find Sesshoumaru. Once Yanna was securely on his back, InuYasha took off towards the last place that he thought Sesshoumaru was at. He hoped that Sesshoumaru would use the Tenseiga to bring Yanna back to life.

Once InuYasha was gone, the others got on Kirara’s back. They started to head back to Kaede’s. They felt really sorry for InuYasha.

“Does he think Sesshoumaru will bring InuYanna back to life?” Miroku asked.

“I don’t know, Miroku,” Kagome said solemnly.

They rode back to Kaede’s village in silence. Kagome was really worried about InuYasha. She hoped that he wouldn’t do anything that he will later regret.

When they reached the village, Kagome slid off of Kirara’s back. She was soon followed by Sango and Miroku. Kirara transformed into her smaller form when everyone was off of her back. Kirara then jumped up onto Sango’s right shoulder. They then walked into the hut. Shippou was the first one to greet them.

“Kagome, you’re back!” Shippou said excitedly.

“Yes, we’re back,” Kagome said sadly.

Kagome put Shippou down and went to sit down next to Kaede. That was when Sango and Miroku joined Kagome and Kaede.

“Kagome, where are InuYasha and InuYanna?” Kaede asked the girl next to her.

Kagome and Sango looked at each other before Kagome answered Kaede.

“Kaede, I have some bad news about InuYanna,” Kagome said as she looked at the ground.

Kaede and Shippou looked at Kagome with questions written in their eyes. Sango and Miroku saw this. They encouraged Kagome to continue.

“Go on, Kagome. They have a right to know about what happened with InuYasha and InuYanna,” Miroku said.

Kagome nodded her head and continued.

“Go on, child,” Kaede said to Kagome.

“InuYanna was killed by Naraku when she tried to give the Tetsusaiga back to InuYasha. So, he took off with InuYanna’s body to look for Sesshoumaru. We think InuYasha is going to have Sesshoumaru try and revive her,” Kagome finished.

“Let’s hope that he succeeds. Now, let’s get some sleep,” Kaede said tiredly.

With that said, Kagome got up and went to her yellow backpack to get her sleeping bag. Everyone else did the same as Kagome. It didn’t take long for everyone to fall asleep except for Kagome.

“Please be safe, InuYasha,” she said as she fell asleep.

**Meanwhile**

InuYasha was still grieving over the death of his sister. He was pushing himself harder than normal since he had to find Sesshoumaru quick. He had to find Sesshoumaru soon if there was going to be a chance to bring Yanna back to life. InuYasha decided to stop for the night. He laid Yanna down on the ground. He then took off his haori and covered her up with it.

“Why, InuYanna? Why did you have to die?” he asked himself.

InuYasha knew he wasn’t going to be answered so he laid down next to Yanna. Before he knew it, he was asleep.

~~Begin Yanna’s Death Dream~~

“Where am I?” she asked no one in particular.

Yanna started walking so she could find a way out of the darkness. She stopped walking when she sensed that someone was standing behind her.

“Who’s there?” Yanna asked.

“You don’t belong here,” the voice said.

Yanna could tell that the voice belonged to a woman. Yanna turned around and saw a beautiful woman standing there in front of her.

“Who are you?” Yanna asked.

“I am Izayoi. I am your mother,” she said.

Yanna couldn’t believe what she had just heard. She went to step back when she ran into someone else. Yanna turned around carefully. When she was turned around completely, Yanna saw a man standing there with long silvery-white hair, looking at her with a smile on his face.

“Wh… who are you?” Yanna asked a bit startled.

“This is your father, InuTaishou,” Izayoi said to her daughter.

Yanna looked back up at her father and noticed the similarities between him and Sesshoumaru. She could also see some similarities between him and InuYasha. She then turned back to her mother.

“You said that I don’t belong here. What did you mean by that?” Yanna asked her mother.

“You were not meant to die yet, little one. You still have a lot to do in life, InuYanna,” InuTaishou said while looking at his daughter.

InuTaishou noticed how much Yanna looked like her mother. Although he could also see some of himself in her too. He was proud about how Yanna had turned out in life.

“What do you mean ‘not meant to die’?” Yanna asked irritated.

“You need to go back to InuYasha. He is going to need you more than ever now,” Izayoi said to her daughter.

“Okay. So, how do I get back to him?” Yanna asked a little more irritated than before.

“Sesshoumaru will be the one to bring you back to life,” InuTaishou said to her.

Before Yanna could say anything else, her parents started to leave her. Once her parents were gone, Yanna was alone once again in the darkness of the void.

‘Let’s just hope that Sesshoumaru will bring me back just like mom and dad had said,’ Yanna thought to herself.

~~End Yanna’s Death Dream~~

The sun was shining in InuYasha’s eyes as he opened them. He looked over at Yanna hoping to see her smiling brightly at him. InuYasha walked over to Yanna’s body. He picked her up and started running towards Sesshoumaru. InuYasha knew that he had to find Sesshoumaru fast if he wanted to bring Yanna back to life.

**Meanwhile with Sesshoumaru**

Sesshoumaru could tell that there was death hanging in the air. He turned and looked at Jaken.

“Jaken, stay here with Rin. I will be back later,” Sesshoumaru said as he started walking away from their camp.

Sesshoumaru continued to walk away from Jaken and Rin. He had to find out where the stench of death was coming from even though he had a pretty good idea where it was coming from.

**Back with InuYasha**

InuYasha continued running with Yanna’s body in his arms. He frantically searched for Sesshoumaru. He knew that his older brother was close. InuYasha stopped and sniffed the air. He caught the scent that he was looking for. InuYasha also noticed that the scent was coming towards them. He knew right away that it was Sesshoumaru. InuYasha cautiously walked deeper into the forest. Before he knew it, InuYasha was face to face with Sesshoumaru.

“Please, Sesshoumaru, you have to bring InuYanna back from the dead,” InuYasha pleaded with his older half-brother.

Sesshoumaru looked at his dead sister’s body in InuYasha’s arms.

“Why should I?” Sesshoumaru asked.

“Because I need her here with me so we can defeat Naraku together,” InuYasha said sadly.

Sesshoumaru gave InuYasha a stern look.

“If I bring InuYanna back, then what will I get in return?” Sesshoumaru asked his younger brother.

InuYasha looked up at Sesshoumaru with pleading eyes as if to say, ‘I will do anything if you would just bring her back.’ Sesshoumaru could tell that InuYasha was sincere.

“I will do anything you want, just please bring her back,” InuYasha said with tears shining in his eyes.

“Really? Then what will you do, InuYasha?” Sesshoumaru asked wickedly.

“I will give you the Tetsusaiga once Naraku is destroyed,” InuYasha said as he looked down at Yanna in his arms before he looked back up at Sesshoumaru.

Sesshoumaru was surprised by what InuYasha had said. He couldn’t believe that InuYasha would do anything to bring Yanna back to life. Sesshoumaru looked InuYasha dead in the eyes.

“Fine. Lay her down on the ground,” Sesshoumaru ordered.

InuYasha did as Sesshoumaru ordered him to do. He gently laid Yanna on the ground at Sesshoumaru’s feet. Almost immediately the Tenseiga began pulsating. Sesshoumaru pulled the Tenseiga from his side. He then saw the creatures from the underworld around Yanna’s body. With one swipe of the Tenseiga, the creatures were gone. Just then Yanna started to stir.

“Thank you, Sesshoumaru, for bringing InuYanna back to life,” InuYasha said happily.

That was when InuYasha immediately rushed over to Yanna’s side.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~there is chapter 26.....i hope that you all enjoy it as much i enjoyed writing it.....please read and review so that i know how i am doing.....cya all next chapter.....