InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Naraku's Desire ❯ Chapter 31 ( Chapter 31 )

[ A - All Readers ]
Disclaimer: I do not own InuYasha or anything associated with it.....I do however own this story line and any characters that I choose to create.....A/N: ~~...~~ denotes dreams, nightmares, and flashbacks; **...** denotes changes in scenery; * denotes special notes at the bottom of the chapter



Chapter 31 ~ Naraku’s Return and Yanna’s Disappearance



Yanna and Kouga walked out of the wolf den as they started their trip towards Kaede’s village. They walked along the path in silence. Kouga then looked over at Yanna as she walked beside him. Kouga was starting to fall head over heels for the inu-hanyou that was walking beside him. He knew this was a strange feeling considering he hated hanyou but there was something about Yanna that he couldn’t understand. He was starting to wonder if she was feeling the same way about him.

Yanna saw Kouga looking at her out of the corner of her eye. She smiled as she looked over at the wolf demon walking beside her. Yanna could see the blush that had appeared on Kouga’s face as she had caught him looking at her. She knew she was falling in love with the wolf demon beside her. Yanna just hoped Kouga could love a lonely inu-hanyou like her. She also hoped he was feeling the same way about her. Just then, Yanna spoke up.

“Kouga, what’s wrong?” Yanna asked as she looked over at him.

Kouga didn’t answer Yanna right away. He looked away from her as he directed his gaze towards the ground. He knew he had been caught staring at her. Just then, Kouga looked back up into Yanna’s eyes as he answered her question.

“Nothing is wrong, InuYanna. Why don’t we stop and rest for awhile?” Kouga asked as he continued looking at her.

“Okay, Kouga. That sounds good. Let’s go and find somewhere to rest,” Yanna said as she smiled and nodded her head at Kouga.

Just then, Kouga surprised Yanna by taking her hand into his and they went in search of a clearing for them to rest in. She looked over at Kouga and smiled. Yanna knew she was blushing and couldn’t hide it. That was when Kouga and Yanna came upon a nice and quiet clearing for them to stop and rest in. Kouga could tell that Yanna wasn’t fully recovered yet from when InuYasha had knocked her into the tree the day before. Kouga then helped Yanna to sit down while he sat down beside her.

**Meanwhile**

Naraku was sitting in his room when he heard a knock on his door. He didn’t budge when he heard the knock on his door. He continued to stare out the window as he spoke to the person behind the door.

“Enter,” Naraku said to the person on the other side of the door.

The figure, that had knocked on the door, entered the room. The person then walked over to where Naraku was sitting and then knelt before him. The person bowed their head slightly. Naraku’s gaze never left the window as he acknowledged the person before him.

“Ahhh, Kagura,” Naraku said as he was still looking out the window.

Kagura just glared at Naraku with her fire red eyes. She just wanted to know why she was there to see Naraku.

“You wanted to see me, Naraku,” Kagura said as she continued to glare at him.

Naraku finally turned and glared at Kagura. He stared at her with his own glowing red eyes. He wanted nothing more than to lash out at Kagura for her impertinence but he had his heart and sights set on something else that he desired at the moment.

“I want you to go and see what my dear InuYanna had been up to since she was brought back to life by her older half-brother,” Naraku told Kagura as he continued to glare at her.

Kagura was shocked when she heard that Yanna had been brought back to life by Sesshoumaru. She continued to glare at Naraku as she spoke.

“As you wish, Naraku,” Kagura said as she got up and left the room.

Once Kagura left the room, she walked down the hallway towards the doors that would lead her outside. As she reached the doors, Kagura reached out and pushed them open. When Kagura walked outside, she pulled a feather from her hair and took to the skies in search of her prey.

**Back with Yanna and Kouga**

Once Yanna and Kouga had sat down on the ground, Yanna looked at Kouga. She could tell there was something bothering him. Just then, Yanna spoke up with what was on her own mind.

“Kouga, there is something I want to tell you,” Yanna said as she grabbed his hand once more.

Kouga looked over at Yanna with a shocked look on his face. ‘I wonder what she wants to tell me,’ he thought to himself. So, he decided to voice his own thoughts.

“So, what do you want to tell me, InuYanna?” Kouga asked with hope in his voice.

Yanna looked up at Kouga with a smile on her face. She could tell that Kouga really wanted to know what she had to say to him.

“Kouga, the only reason why I want to go back and see InuYasha is because I want to tell him that I am going to stay with you and the rest of the wolves for awhile,” Yanna said as she started to look away from Kouga when she felt the tears welling up in her eyes.

Kouga refused to let Yanna look away from him. He then reached out and pulled her closer to him. When Yanna was sitting in Kouga’s lap, she felt Kouga start to nuzzle her neck with his nose. When Kouga did this, he felt Yanna practically melt in his arms.

**Meanwhile with InuYasha and the others**

Miroku and Sango walked outside so InuYasha and Kagome could sleep some more. Once outside, they sat down next to each other in silence. Sango was the first one to break the silence between them.

“Do you think Kouga will let InuYanna return to us, Miroku?” Sango asked sadly.

Miroku didn’t know how he was going to answer her question. So, he answered Sango the only way he knew how to.

“I hope so, Sango. I really hope so,” Miroku said as he closed his eyes.

Sango just nodded her head as she looked around the village. She was surprised to see the village was actually quiet for a change. Just then, Shippou and Kirara came walking out of the hut.

“Did you guys see InuYasha and Kagome were sleeping together?” Shippou asked while he was rubbing the sleep out of his eyes.

“Yes, Shippou, we did,” Miroku said as he opened his eyes to look at Shippou.

Shippou didn’t say anything more. He then ran off to go and play with Kirara and the other village children.

**Meanwhile inside the hut**

The sun was shining in Kagome’s eyes as she opened them slowly. She slowly rubbed the sleep out of her eyes as she tried to remember what had happened the night before.

Just then, Kagome tried to get up but she found out that she couldn’t move very well. That was when everything started to come back to her. She remembered talking to InuYasha about what had happened to Yanna. Kagome then figured out that she must have fallen asleep while her and InuYasha were talking the night before. Kagome then tried to get up once again. But she stopped moving when she had heard a low growl coming from behind her.

InuYasha had cracked his eyes open when he felt Kagome stirring in his arms. He smiled to himself as he closed his eyes so she would think he was still asleep. It wasn’t too long after that that InuYasha had felt Kagome relax in his arms once again. InuYasha then smiled to himself yet once again. Just then, he felt Kagome trying to get up again. This time he let out a low warning growl. InuYasha then felt Kagome stiffen in his arms.

When Kagome heard the growl, she rolled over to see a pair of amber-gold eyes staring right back at her. She smiled as she looked up into InuYasha’s shining eyes.

“Good morning, InuYasha. How are you feeling?” Kagome asked as she snuggled closer to him.

Her movement took him completely by surprise. InuYasha stiffened when he felt Kagome get closer to him. It took InuYasha a couple of minutes to relax and pull Kagome closer to him.

“Good morning, Kagome. I’m okay for now. I just hope InuYanna is okay,” InuYasha said as he hugged her closer to him.

Kagome pulled away from InuYasha slightly so she could look into his eyes. She could see the hurt and worry for his sister in his amber-gold orbs.

“Don’t worry, InuYasha. InuYanna will return to us soon,” Kagome said as she finally pulled completely out of InuYasha’s grasp.

InuYasha just nodded his head as he let go of Kagome. He then got up and started to head outside. Kagome wasn’t too far behind him.

Once they were outside, Sango and Miroku looked up at them and smiled. InuYasha and Kagome then sat down next to them.

“Good morning, you two,” Miroku and Sango said at the same time.

“Good morning, Sango and Miroku,” Kagome said as she smiled at her two friends.

“Yeah, whatever,” InuYasha scoffed as he crossed his arms over his chest.

Kagome started to giggle when she saw InuYasha acting like a child. She thought it was cute because of the way he was acting. Just then, Kagome placed her head on InuYasha’s shoulder.

InuYasha was surprised once again by Kagome’s actions. He could feel the redness creeping onto his face. Sango and Miroku had noticed the way their two friends were acting. Sango couldn’t help but laugh slightly at the way InuYasha was acting. Just then, Miroku decided to speak.

“So, what are our plans for today?” Miroku asked, smiling.

InuYasha looked up at Miroku through half-closed eyes. He knew he had to find Kouga and get Yanna back. InuYasha really didn’t want to think about what Kouga had done to his one and only sister.

“What do you think our plans are, you lecher?” InuYasha screamed at Miroku. “We’re going to go after Kouga and get InuYanna back.”

With that said, InuYasha got up form beside Kagome and walked into the forest. He didn’t want to hear what his friends had to say about going after Yanna right now. He had to come up with a plan in order to get her back from Kouga.

When InuYasha had walked away from the others, the others just looked at each other with worried looks on their faces. They knew InuYasha was right about getting Yanna back but at the moment, they didn’t know where her and Kouga were at.

“Well, why don’t we have some breakfast first and then we can figure out a way to get InuYanna back from Kouga,” Kagome said as she got up and started to head back inside the hut.

“But, Kagome, what about InuYasha?” Sango asked as she too got up and ran up to Kagome.

Kagome stopped walking and turned to look at Sango. She then smiled at her friend. Just then, Kagome answered Sango’s question.

“He’ll be fine, Sango. InuYasha is just worried about InuYanna is all. Now why don’t you come and help me fix breakfast, Sango,” Kagome said as she started walking towards the hut again.

Sango nodded her head as she followed Kagome back into the hut once more so they could fix breakfast for all of them.

**Back with Yanna and Kouga**

When Kouga continued to nuzzle Yanna’s neck, Yanna noticed he was purring. Before she knew it, Kouga’s purring had lulled her to sleep. Kouga was pleased when he felt Yanna relax completely in his arms. He listened as he heard her breathing start to even out as she drifted into a deeper sleep.

Once Kouga knew Yanna was completely asleep, he then laid her down on the ground. He knew she had to eat something when she woke up so he decided to leave her there and go in search of some food. Before he left, Kouga leaned down to kiss her forehead and then he whispered something in her ear.

“I promise, InuYanna, I will not be gone long,” Kouga whispered into her ear.

When he finished whispering in Yanna’s ear, Kouga left to find something for them to eat when she woke up. Kouga was really apprehensive about leaving Yanna alone in the open without knowing who or what was lurking about in the surrounding forest.

**Meanwhile with Kagura**

After Kagura had left Naraku’s castle, she had taken to the skies to look for Yanna. She was starting to wonder if she was ever going to find Yanna. Just then, Kagura had caught the sight of something purple and silver on the ground below her.

Kagura landed a few feet away from what she had seen from the sky. As she walked closer, she noticed that it was the certain inu-hanyou that Naraku had sent her to look for. Kagura smiled to herself as she once again had taken to the skies. She knew she had to let Naraku know of this.

It didn’t take long for Kagura to get back to Naraku’s castle. Kagura landed in the courtyard before she proceeded into the castle. She walked through the doors and down the long hallway to Naraku’s room. When Kagura had reached Naraku’s room, she knocked on his door.

“You may enter, Kagura. I hope you have some good news to give me,” Naraku said as he glared at her.

Kagura stood her ground as Naraku glared at her. She then proceeded to tell Naraku about what she had found in the clearing not far from the castle.

“Yes, Naraku, I do have some good news for you. I have found InuYanna,” Kagura sneered at him.

That was the best news that Naraku could have ever gotten at that moment in time. He was pleased that Kagura had done something right for a change.

“Where did you find my dear InuYanna at?” Naraku asked as he began to stand.

“She is in a clearing not far from here. It is located just to the north of here,” Kagura responded.

Naraku smiled to himself when he heard where he could find his most treasured prize at. He then turned so he was face Kagura.

“Thank you, Kagura. You may leave now,” Naraku said as she started to devise a plan so he could get Yanna back.

Kagura bowed slightly as she turned and walked out of the room. When Kagura was gone, Naraku smiled to himself even more since he knew Yanna would soon be back in his care.

“Soon, my dear InuYanna, you will be back with me and then you will finish what you have started with your twin brother,” Naraku said to himself as he walked out of the room.

**Back with InuYasha**

When InuYasha entered the forest, he found the nearest tree and jumped up into it. He sat on the tallest branch and started to think about he was going to get Yanna away from Kouga. Just then, InuYasha decided to just go after Yanna himself. So, InuYasha jumped down from the branch that he was on and started running towards the wolf den.

InuYasha was running so fast that his body was sending signals to his brain for him to slow down. He ignored what his body was telling him and pushed himself even harder to get to his sister before something bad happened to her.

**Back with Naraku**

Naraku started to make his way towards the clearing where Kagura had last seen Yanna. It didn’t take him long to come upon the clearing. He slowly made his way up to the sleeping Yanna. When Naraku reached Yanna’s side, he knelt down beside her. He then reached out with his right hand and gently caressed her right cheek. Her skin felt so soft under his touch. The moment he touched her cheek, Naraku called out to the remaining miasma that was still in her body. He also knew the miasma would keep her from waking up and seeing what was going on around her. He could tell that she was dreaming about something good. So, he decided to enter her dreams and turn them into her worst nightmares.

Naraku was about to enter Yanna’s dreams when he heard someone growling behind him. He turned around to see who was growling at him while he kept his hand on Yanna’s cheek. Naraku was surprised to see Kouga standing there watching him.

“Get away from her, Naraku,” Kouga yelled as he bared his fangs.

“Why should I, Kouga? She is, after all, mine,” Naraku said, smiling at the wolf youkai.

Kouga couldn’t believe what Naraku had just said. He knew he had to do everything he could in order to keep Naraku away from Yanna, or InuYasha was going to have his hide.

“What do you mean she is yours? I don’t see your mark on her,” Kouga sneered at Naraku.

Naraku just laughed at the wolf youkai in front of him. He could tell that Kouga had fallen in love with Yanna just by the way Kouga was trying to protect her. Just then, Naraku started laughing even harder as he spoke.

“You’re pathetic, Kouga. My claim on InuYanna is stronger than yours ever will be in the future. And besides, do you really think she could possibly love you back when she finds out how you truly feel about hanyou,” Naraku said as he turned back around so he was facing the sleeping inu-hanyou on the ground.

Kouga took this opportunity to attack Naraku in order to get him away from Yanna. He flexed his claws as he charged at Naraku. Once Kouga knew that Naraku was distracted, he commenced with his attack on Naraku. Kouga smiled to himself as he neared Naraku’s back with his claws poised to kill.

Naraku smiled to himself as he sensed Kouga preparing to attack him. He then proceeded to pick Yanna up off the ground. Once he had Yanna in his arms, he turned and faced the charging wolf prince. Naraku knew he had to protect his precious prize from the wolf youkai. So, right before Kouga could make contact with him, Naraku put up a barrier to protect Yanna and himself.

When Kouga hit the barrier, he went flying backwards. He hit the ground so hard that his head bounced off the ground a couple of times.

The barrier disappeared as Naraku had walked up to Kouga with Yanna in his arms. He noticed that the wolf prince was still conscious, but just barely though. Naraku then leaned down so he could say something to Kouga.

“If you or anyone else comes after InuYanna, then I will not hesitate to kill or anyone who comes after her,” Naraku said to Kouga in a serious tone.

Once Naraku had finished speaking to Kouga, he got up and started walking back towards his castle. As Naraku disappeared into the forest, Kouga saw a figure enter the clearing. He saw the figure wearing red but he knew it wasn’t Yanna since she was with Naraku. The figure came closer to Kouga. Just then, Kouga recognized the figure as InuYasha.

InuYasha entered the clearing when Naraku had walked into the forest. InuYasha made his way over to the person on the ground. Right away, InuYasha knew it was Kouga. InuYasha then bent down and spoke to Kouga.

“Where is InuYanna at, Kouga?” InuYasha asked a little agitated.

Kouga just looked up at InuYasha with pain in his eyes. He knew if he told InuYasha where Yanna was heading, then InuYasha would kill him on the spot. Kouga was having a hard time hanging onto consciousness. Before he could answer InuYasha, Kouga passed out.

InuYasha could tell that Kouga had been injured really bad. So, InuYasha decided to do the one thing that he hated to do. He picked up Kouga and ran back to Kaede’s village as fast as he could.
~~~~~~~~~~~~there is chapter 31.....i hope that you all enjoy reading it.....please read and review so that i know how i am doing......cya all next chapter