InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Naraku's Halloween ❯ the temper tantrum from hell ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Chapter 2

_____________________

Naraku glares at the ghostly boy. “And, I’m not going do change that.” Naraku says in a challenging tone of voice.

The ghostly boy glares back. He nods at Naraku.

Challenge accepted.

‘Very well. It’s time to attack the ghost directly.’ Naraku thinks. ‘I’ll need some things from my work room.’

“Follow me.” He orders the guards in that are in the chamber. He and the guards leave the room.

“Well, well, well.” Kagura says. ‘Hmmm... And here I was thinking I’d have to use Sesshoumaru or Inu-yasha, but maybe this ghost.’ She smiles.

“Kanna.” Kanna turns to Kagura.

“Can you show me that ghost?”

Kagura thinks, ‘perhaps the two of us can work together.’

Kanna examines her mirror and shakes her head no. the ghost is gone.

****************

In the halls of the castle below ground.

“Open the door.” Naraku orders one of the guards, as he stands in front of a sliding door.

The guard reaches and tries to open the door. It’s stuck.

Naraku purses his lips. “Very well. Use your sword and cut an opening through the door.”

The guard pulls out his sword and tries to thrust it through the rice paper door. It bounces off.

“Charge the door.” He orders the guard. He lowers his head and charges.

The guard crashes into the wall and he bounces off. He lands on the ground in the hallway, unconscious.

Naraku grits his teeth. “You, other three, draw your swords and charge the wall.”

The three guards bounce off the wall, unconscious.

‘I’m going to have to do it myself.’ Naraku thinks as he reaches out to rip the door open.

The door opens easily.

The room full of water behind the door flows rapidly through the open door. Naraku is picked up and shoved through the paper wall behind him and into one of the stone walls that support the castle.
He hits the wall with a bone crushing impact and he falls to the ground.

“Ugghh.” Naraku groans as he sits up. ‘If I was human.’ He thinks, ‘I’d be dead.’

“Master!” “Lord!” cries are heard echoing through the halls. Nararku can hear people splashing through the knee deep water that is covering the floor.

‘I’ve got to get up, and show no pain.’ Naraku thinks as he stands. He notices that, at least, a couple of the human guards he had with him are dead. The force of the water slammed them into walls and broke them.


“I’m fine.” Naraku states to the guards, Kagura, Kohaku, and Kanna as they reach him. He brushes aside any help and walks to the room he had been trying to get in.

The water has damaged the room and destroyed many of the items in it.

‘Smart ghost. Without the items in this room, I am not going to be able to destroy it like I was planning.’ Naraku thinks, ‘but . . . it’s just a ghost of a child. How did he know?’

“It’ll take months to rebuild this.” He grits out.

Naraku turns and glares at the people behind him. The other guards and his servants are standing outside the room. His standing order that only he can enter, this room is still intact, apparently, although that’s the only thing about the room that is.

“Clean this mess.” He orders as he leaves the room.

‘I’ve got to think, obviously there is something I’m missing here.’ He thinks to himself as he walks on the stone floor of the halls.

As he walks across a section of the hall, the stone flooring changes . . .

Naraku falls through the rice paper floor. He drops down into a quicksand-type substance. “Arrgghh” He grunts out.

He reaches out and his arms turns into tentacles, which stretch out to grab torch-holders that line the walls. He grabs them and starts to drag himself out of the quicksand. After about of minute of tug of war between Naraku and the quicksand, he finally drags himself out and he lays face down on the ground.

“I’m going to create a new level of hell for that brat.” He says as he stands up.

‘Outside then.’ He thinks. He looks up. “No, I’m going to chance that. Ground level.” Naraku says to himself.

He goes outside. The guards that are always posted outside, walk toward him. He orders a couple to stay with him, but the rest are to return to their posts.

He looks up in the sky and makes a couple of simple gestures. A few minutes later a flock of birds comes over and the force field protecting Naraku is outlined as the bird excreta hits it.

‘How is that brat getting in.’ Naraku thinks? ‘That stupid promise. That has to be it. That promise must be creating a weakness in my defenses and he’s getting through it.’

One of the spears from one of the guards on the roof crashes against the force field. Naraku glances up and sees that a catapult stone from the roof is falling in his direction. Naraku grabs the shard hanging around his chest and points to the stone. It shatters into dust.

Naraku keeps the shard in hand. ‘Lovely. A ghostly boy and in a couple of hours, I’m reduced to using the shards, which is like dropping a stone, similar to the one that just dropped, on an ant to kill it. There has to be a better way.’ He thinks.

‘What now? Stand here, holding the shards and waiting for him to show himself.’ Naraku shakes his head no. ‘I’ll look like an idiot.’

After a few minutes, he puts the shards away, “I am going to go about my business, ghost. I will not allow you to alter my behavior.”

He slowly and calmly reenters the castle.

***************

later . . . nightfall, Naraku’s room . . .

‘How is the ghost getting the power to do everything?’ Naraku thinks.

His clothes are in burned tatters from a candle that suddenly became a raging fire. His teeth are killing him as they regrow after being shattered when his rice was turned into rocks. Various bumps and bruises dot his body, all from man-killing attacks that are healing.

He glances at the new scroll on his door. ‘That should hold. Nothing should be able to enter this room. I need a good night’s rest to recover.’

He lies down on his futon and stares at the ceiling. ‘Somehow that boy is getting extra power. Perhaps tomorrow, once I’ve rested up, I can see about finding out where that power is coming from and I will prevent it from reaching him. Once his extra power is gone, he’ll be easy to destroy.’

After a few minutes, Naraku is asleep.

His futon is pulled out from under him, spilling Naraku onto the floor.

“Huh?” Naraku says as he quickly stands up, the shards in hand. “Damn it.”

He shifts his senses so he can see magic. He looks around the room. ‘I don’t care anymore, when I catch that ghost, I’ll fry him with the shards. The scroll is still there and still active. The ghost isn’t here. How?’ He thinks in anger.

After a few minutes he rubs his eyes. ‘Concentrating and keeping the shard ready is trying. I have to keep straining all my senses to detect him.’

He gathers up the futon and lies down to go to sleep again

After a few minutes, Naraku is asleep.

His futon is pulled out from under him, spilling Naraku onto the floor.

“Great.” Naraku lies on the floor. He looks around the room again. ‘No change.’ He sighs, “Well the scroll is working, somewhat, apparently all he can do are simple tricks.’ He thinks.

“Let’s try that again . . . ” he says to himself.

************

Next morning . . .

A very tried Naraku opens the sliding door of his quarters.

A bowl of mush hits him in the face.

He wipes the mush off his face and looks around.

A very tried Kagura is standing a couple of meters away, an empty tray in her hands.

“I assume last night was fun?” He asks. The walls, visible from his door, are covered in writing in red ink.

The message: Bury me properly and I’ll stop.

As Naraku glances down the hallway and he sees that the ghost did not stop at just his doorway. There is writing up and down the hallway, even, when he glances up, on the ceiling. In addition, the hallway, instead of being immaculate, is full of trash. ‘My scroll to prevented me from hearing this.’ He thinks as he slowly shakes his head.

The ghost boy threw a temper tantrum . . .

“Sir. You might have been protected, but that bastard kid had rest of the castle under siege last night.” Kagura says in a weary voice. ‘I was happy when he first showed up, but right now, I’d kill that damn kid myself. Slowly.’ She thinks.

“Do I want to know the details?”

“Every room was filled with moans, groans and screams. Nobody got any sleep. That bowl was the last piece of crockery intact in the castle. Everybody has some bumps and bruises from being thrown onto the floor. At least a couple of the guards are dead and more are badly hurt. ” Kagura says.

Naraku raises his eyebrows

“They stopped him from igniting the castle.” Kagura explains.

Naraku holds up his hand. “There is no need to say any more.”

“Any plan?”

“The kid is getting power from somewhere. If I can disrupt that.” Naraku says. Kagura nods. “Get Kanna. Her mirror may not be operating properly, but it should still be able to locate that.”


***************

In the audience chamber.

“Kanna, show me that ghost.” Naraku orders.

Kanna pulls out her mirror and starts to look through it. Suddenly above Kanna, a huge brownish and black mass appears. It falls on her. The smell of human waste fills the chamber.

Kanna still stands, but she is covered in human waste. She wipes off the mirror and looks into it.

The mirror, suddenly, is covered by black ink.

Naraku orders, “stop Kanna.” He sighs, “put it up and go clean up.” Kanna bows to her master and leaves the chamber.

Naraku, Kagura and his guards leave the chamber as well. “Have the slaves clean that mess up. Lite some incense to clear the room, as well.” He orders as he leaves.

‘Hmmm . . . I’ll try it myself.’ He thinks. Naraku shifts his senses so he can see magic and he looks around. ‘There is the bastard.’ Naraku stares hard at the ghost. He fingers the shards around his neck. ‘He’s watching me. If I move the shards, he’ll vanish. But I can’t keep this up all the time.’ Naraku thinks. ‘We’ll just be playing hide and seek, unless.’

‘I’ve got to draw him out.’ Naraku thinks. ‘There is only one place that I can be sure where he will appear. His body.’ Naraku nods. ‘Yes, If I start to disturb his body, he’ll come, and I’ll know exactly where he is.’ Naraku pulls out the shards and grins. ‘After I’m through with him, the gods will never be able to put his soul back together again.’

“Kagura.”

“Sir.”

“You and I are leaving. Now.” Naraku heads to the door of the castle. Kagura pulls out her feather and joins her master.

The ghost boy smiles. Everything is going according to the plan.

End chapter 2.


Chapter 3 will be out Oct 31.

Naraku has many enemies . . . Most of them are dead.. . . and they have a plan . . .

Thank you for reading
jeff shelton