InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ New Age ❯ Giving In And Resisting ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Claimer: I own what has to be the smallest fraction of Inuyasha possible. So small I can’t remember it. Heh, oh well. Moving on.

Summary: Meet Dr. Kagome Higurashi. She works in a recently developed portion of the Shroud Companies called “Metaphysical Understandings”. What she does is analyze and report the supernatural things she’s given, such as old Japanese Ofudas, Taro Cards, Crystal Balls and so on. And then she was assigned to the biggest discovery of the company: a demon-like creature recently uncovered in a deathlike sleep from under the surface of the Old World.


New Age

Chapter Six: Giving In And Resisting


It was entirely too intimate of a situation.

Kagome knew this, as she kissed Inuyasha, as she allowed him to kiss her, as he touched her, both above and under her towel; but it didn't stop her from enjoying the moment. Everything about him turned her on. He truly was erotic.

His lips alone were fiery, but as he kissed her, as she felt their tongues meet and a rush of pleasure begin in her chest, the word 'fiery' ceased to be amply descriptive. Warm, seductive, sweetly tasting, and something more, something. . . something that spoke to her, that lulled her into his arms, made her give in without a protest. His scent.

His touches were as great as his kisses. His fingertips were a little rough, the hands of a hard worker. His hands felt hot in and of themselves, seeking the more sensitive places on her body and massaging them. Every now and again, his claws would touch her here or there, very lightly, and it always made her shiver.

This was passion, lust. She didn't need to read romance novels to know that. It was as wild and uncontrollable as he was, which would easily explain why he had such power over it. She didn’t know exactly when her towel was dropped, but soon she found herself liking the feel of being naked in his arms, at his mercy.

His mouth on her neck became a heavenly feeling, sucking on her skin and tasting her. His arms around her brought her closer to him, lifted her to her toes. She dropped her head back, swimming in a spring of warmth, of passion, of irresistible pleasure. She felt him lick her throat, lower to her collar bone, across the tops of her breasts.

Every bit of her was crying out for him to stop teasing and take her, and her lips moved thickly trying to voice them. He seemed to understand the mumbled sounds, for he paused in tasting her flesh and lifted her into his arms. With a few steps she was laying on her bed, and Inuyasha wasted little time in looking at her before he joined her.

His mouth was as hot and wet as it had been, only now there was a stronger hunger in the way he took her mouth as his, a need that would not be denied. Though she didn’t understand it, Kagome didn’t protest, lifting her arms to hold him close and allow him to take her.

He was still teasing, though. He kissed her so passionately, yet he did nothing to declothe himself. In fact, just as she was about to make him undress fully, one of her dogs barked, loud, at the sound of footsteps coming down the stairs.

Kagome panicked.

Inuyasha, on the other hand, didn’t seem to mind the sounds of impending doom. She had to use all of her control not to lash out at him, as he continued to devour her mouth – sucking at her tongue and robbing her of speech in two ways at once. She reminded herself forcefully that he didn’t know the way the world worked these days, but even as she told herself this, she wanted to strike out at him, for making her body so weak to him and his. . . his scent. . .

She was losing herself again.

And then all Hell broke loose, as Eri peeped her head in to say something, and caught them. All at once Kagome’s mind worked overtime, telling her in a cold voice that Inuyasha hadn’t closed the door to her bedroom.

“Kagome!” Eri gasped.

Then a whole lot of things happened at once. It began with Eri’s statement. Then Inuyasha moved much too fast for them to see, a second later Kagome was wearing her towel again, Inuyasha was sitting on her floor in front of her bed, the door was shut, and Eri was sitting on the bed next to Kagome, who hadn’t even realized she had moved yet.

“Eri. . .” Kagome began slowly. “Um. . . I don’t really. . . know where to begin. . .”

Eri looked at Kagome very closely before turning her gaze on Inuyasha. “This is him, the. . . person. . . you found?” she asked very slowly, having difficulty deciding what to call him.

“Uh, yeah, this is. . . this is Inuyasha,” Kagome confirmed. She was getting nervous, though. Inuyasha was facing them, but not saying a word, glancing between the girls slowly.

Kagome wet her lips. “He. . . came by,” she tried, looking over at Eri again.

Eri’s face was beginning to mimic Kagome’s from moments before. Her cheeks were slightly flushed, and she was looking at Inuyasha intently. That’s when it hit Kagome – Inuyasha’s scent didn’t only affect her, but every woman!

It occurred to her that if he went walking outside for any brief amount of time, he would return with women hanging off him, desperate for his touch, begging for his body and his children. And as that occurred to Kagome, another realization struck home.

She wasn’t in love with him. Her body had responded to his automatically, because his scent drove her wild from the inside out. It had nothing to do with love, but pheromones, instincts; she had come to him willingly because he appeased her body’s demands.

“Okay,” she sighed, her mind clearing. Inuyasha’s eyes met hers, and he must have seen rejection in her gaze, because his mouth tightened into a white line all at once and he stood. He didn’t wait to be told to leave, he simply stepped out of her room, patting the dogs as they followed him, and faintly she heard the glass door open and shut.

He’d left. He was gone. She looked over at Eri.

Eri was staring after him, almost drooling as she wet her lips. “Why did you make him leave?” she asked, in an almost painful tone.

“I didn’t,” Kagome replied, and this was true; she hadn’t done anything to make him leave, it’d been his decision.

“Well, I’m going to bring him back,” Eri said breathlessly, heading for the door.

“Wait!” Kagome snapped after her, jumping up and catching Eri’s arm. As she spoke, she was mildly surprised to find that not only had Inuyasha wrapped her towel around her, but had done so securely. She doubted the towel would fall if she slept in it. “You can’t, Eri,” she said softly.

“Why not?” Eri pouted.

“We have to talk. . .”

Three hours and one huge explanation later, Eri was still looking like she wanted to go after Inuyasha, but after hearing the entire story, she was definitely focusing on holding back. Sometime later, during a form of dinner between the two girls and four dogs, the phone rang and Kagome picked it up.

“Dr. Higurashi speaking,” she said.

“You’ve been removed from the team for the time being,” a smooth voice said.

She almost dropped the phone. Stuttering, she asked whoever-it-was to explain what he knew.

“The specimen admitted he went to see you at your house, escaping custody to do so. Through analysis we found that he was recently aroused, and he doesn’t deny attempting to seduce you. For your own safety, you have been temporarily removed from the research team on the specimen.”

If he had said anything else, she would have snapped at him to call Inuyasha by his name, but at the moment, all she could do was lightly hang up the phone. She stood by it, watching the phone as Eri asked a million and one questions, until it rang again.

Picking it up a second time, Kagome said softly, “Hello, Ayumi.”

“Kagome!” Ayumi squealed. “I heard, I heard! I called Yuka and told her what I know –- is it true, he escaped just to see you? Are you okay? Tell me he didn’t hurt you!”

Kagome handed the phone to Eri, feeling too numb to deal with an excited Ayumi at the moment. She shuffled her feet to her room as Eri talked twice as fast back at Ayumi, both of them giving what information they knew. As she sat down on her bed, all four of Kagome’s dogs came up around her and whined, sensing her feelings as they always could.

Eventually all four began licking at visible patches of skin, two of whom were currently on her bed with her. It wasn’t just that she was feeling bad, assimilating this information; she knew that. They had liked Inuyasha, as well. Part dog, he was part dog, she reminded herself.

Part dog. . . no wonder he could use his tongue like he had.

At that thought, normally she would have blushed, but she noticed Sam, her male husky, licking the side of her neck – where Inuyasha’s tongue had been earlier. A little rougher than she’d intended, she pushed Sam away and covered the spot with her hand before she could stop herself.

Sam whined at her while her eyes widened. Why had she cared to cover the mark? Was there a mark?

She had to know, now that she’d thought about it. She wandered to her bathroom again in a daze, and turned her head at her reflection. A red mark, there on her neck. At the thought of his mouth sucking on her neck, two things came to mind: first, that he was really good at it, and two, that he’d also spent some time sucking on her tongue.

Her mind receded to a few hours before, when she had begun her explanation to Eri. Yes, that was right – she’d had some trouble speaking, because her tongue felt oddly swollen and partially numb. She hadn’t noticed until now, too wrapped up in her story to notice physicalities.

Opening her mouth, she gazed at her tongue, and found that while it didn’t look any larger – which could easily be from having hours to go down – it was definitely redder than she remembered it being.

And she was salivating now, closing her mouth as she realized it. It was exquisite, the memory of his tongue, the taste and texture, the feel of it. . . Remembering his tongue brought up memories of his hands as well, touching her in ways she’d never before been touched, in places that only she knew. As she stared at her reflection, she noted the blush on her cheeks that hadn’t been there moments before.

She also noticed that her legs were unconsciously pressed together tightly, and glared down at them as though they were traitors. She wasn’t that aroused. She couldn’t be. No way, from just a memory. . .

. . . But it wasn’t just one memory, now was it? It was several, over many minutes, punctuated with her own gasps and lights moans from them both. Had it really felt so good? It seemed so distant now that it was over. Like it hadn’t happened. Like a dream. . .

A dream. . .

She was tired, she now realized. The entire day’s events left her drained on all aspects, and she nodded at her reflection before leaving the bathroom at last. Crawling into bed, she didn’t bother changing clothes or snuggling under the blankets. Sam laid on her ankles while Daisy curled up under one of her arms, and within seconds it seemed, she was asleep.

In her dream, she was gazing up at the sky again, lit with stars, breezes blowing through the trees, various kinds of rodents and other mammals prancing about in a near-endless field of grass, with an endless forest on the other side. Not knowing why, she started walking towards that forest.

Was her dream man here, now? It was early. Maybe he only showed up in her dreams later on, after midnight or so. But what time was it now? She felt like she’d been walking for hours, and that forest was only minisculely closer. Would she ever get there?
Finding herself determined now, she changed her steady walk into a kind of trot, noticing from the corner of her mind how her hair bounced around her shoulders, too light to be anything but heavy air.

The forest still wasn’t getting any closer, but she was only getting more curious now. She turned her trot into a full run, seeing the way her legs ate up the distance, yet didn’t get closer, even when she felt dream sweat pour down her cheeks and neck. The animals around her were running with her, trying to reach that elusive forest as well. Why, why couldn’t she reach it?

Though she didn’t stop running consciously, she found herself stopped abruptly, with the forest gone entirely. Standing before her was her mystery man. . . or was it? No, this one looked different. The white hair, the sparkling gold, they remained. . . but it wasn’t him. Still, she didn’t feel any fear or uneasiness.

“Who are you?” she asked, finding her voice both hollow and full at once, as though five of her had spoken, one of whom was dead.

He didn’t say anything at first, and so she looked closely at whatever she could about him. His image was blurred from the neck down, but she saw mostly white – a kind of. . . cloud wrapped about one shoulder, trailing behind him like a sort of ethereal robe. Specks of red, yellow, blue; a strip of black across his chest.

Giggling. She heard giggling. It wasn’t coming from him, the blurred man in silhouette, and she turned this way and that, trying to spot the giggling. Eventually she saw a girl, a tiny girl, almost entirely blurred – from distance? From mystery? Was she important, somehow?

She was on the horizon, running uselessly towards the new man before Kagome – she wasn’t getting any closer, but as Kagome watched, the girl noticeably aged. First as a child, then a young teen, then an adult. . . and then she fell forward with a shriek.

What was this about? Kagome was worried about the girl, now. Did she hurt herself? Did someone hurt her? Why was she seeing this? She headed for the girl, finding again that travel was pointless, as she couldn’t get any closer. She looked over her shoulder, trying to see that new man again, but found him missing.

When she looked back over to where the girl had fallen, she saw him there, not hardly as blurred but difficult to make out at this distance. He was holding the girl in his arms, staring down at her as though he’d lost a little sister. As Kagome watched, he cradled the young woman to his chest and lowered his head, hidden under bangs, pressed to the girl’s shoulder.

And then she heard a deafening yell, a sound of such utter pain that she lost her footing and stumbled back, hitting something hard – something that caught her. She looked up, and there he was – or was it really him?

Her mystery man, the one who kissed her with love. . . could it possibly be. . ? His face wasn’t hidden anymore, and though he looked familiar, she found she couldn’t put a name to his face. She turned in his arms and hugged him, feeling him hold her close without words. The yell she’d heard a moment before came up to memory and she found herself chattering about it, her voice shaking for reasons she didn’t understand.

“I know,” he kept saying, over and over, and she found that she’d been crying into his chest. What’s more, they were sitting now, at the edge of the unreachable forest. She looked around, shocked, and there in the distance, the second man and young woman remained. . . unmoving, like a painting.

“Who are they?” she asked, again finding her voice both full and hollow.

“My brother, and the only woman he’s ever loved,” he replied. “When she died, he lost everything that held him together.”

“But she didn’t look old. . . and neither did he. . . I’m confused,” she admitted, her eyes filling again as she stared at the painting along the horizon. “Why can’t I see them clearly? Why do you look familiar when I can’t name you? This forest. . . earlier I couldn’t reach it – I don’t understand!” she yelled at last.

Lips on hers, warm and soft and firm; they calmed her world, made her sigh, and abruptly, she opened her eyes and found herself awake. There were now four dogs on her bed, curled around her, but other than that, nothing had changed.

She must have been sleeping for hours, because she felt stiff in all ways. She groaned as she got up, her dogs stretching as she bumped into them, and stretched what muscles she could.

“They sent in a woman named Kagura,” a voice said, and Kagome screamed, jumping nearly out of her skin.

She looked sharply around the room before ordering the lights on and sighing, finding that Inuyasha had once again shown up. Holding her heart, his words digested in her and she looked up again. “What?” she asked.

“Dr. Kagura Ryuteisai. She took your place.”

“I know of her,” Kagome admitted, sitting down on her bed as Inuyasha came closer to her. He sat down near her, patting the dogs as she continued. “She’s supposed to be really good, if not a little intimidating. Having problems?” she asked, surprised that she was so comfortable with this.

“I don’t like her. Did they tell you why they replaced you? Can you tell me?” he asked, sharply.

Wetting her lips, she told him, stunned at herself for divulging such information so easily to someone who shouldn’t even be asking. “So what’s the problem with her?”

“She’s been telling me what to do, through Ayumi-san. She can’t speak my language like you and Ayumi-san can.” He ruffled Sam’s ears, then looked up with serious eyes, “Why did you send me away earlier?”

“I. . ?” she started. Shaking her head, she decided against giving in to him so easily ever again. “No. I didn’t send you away. You left on your –”

“Your eyes,” he interrupted harshly. “Your eyes said it. You told me to go away. You told me not to come back.”

She was shocked at the accusation in his voice. Practically snarling, she snapped, “Well, if I did, you certainly haven’t obeyed. I never made you come here in the first place. You only have yourself to blame!”

She almost screamed when he lunged at her, entirely feeling like she was about to become ribbons of meat, but he kissed her. It wasn’t a rough kiss, either, but it was forceful enough that she fell back and once again found herself beneath him.

This time felt different, on all accounts. His kiss wasn’t passionate, it was desperate. His hands weren’t roaming, but clinging to her wrists like lifelines. He wasn’t laying with his full weight on her, but was somewhat arched away from her, keeping contact minimal.

And she found she hated it.

Despite the light contact of their lips, the soft pleading his mouth was conveying, she felt desire well up inside of her, and wondered how long she’d last before she’d be begging for him to finish what he’d started so much earlier that day.

Then, all at once, her dream returned, even though she was fully awake and could hear her dogs whining at her side, curious yet obeying the feel of privacy of the situation. She saw her mystery man, with desperate eyes, almost sending her wordless pleas to not deny him.

Her eyes were open; she could still perceive Inuyasha on top of her; she could still feel his hands on her wrists and his kiss; but at the same time, she could see the man in her dreams, could feel his breath on her mouth from their distance, could see the golden sparkle in his eyes grow lighter with hope and courage.

And then, just like that, she was under a starry sky, and it wasn’t Inuyasha on top of her anymore, but the figure in her dreams who stole her heart every night. It wasn’t Inuyasha’s mouth on hers, it wasn’t his hands roving over her chest and hips, it wasn’t him she was responding to.

The dream enveloped her even as she was aware of being awake, her senses retreating inwards and moving sharply in reply to the man above her, the man who now was stealing her breath with feather-light kisses and butterfly touches. She wasn’t clothed, and neither was he; an easy motion on his part brought them closer together, and her response motion made her gasp in her dream as their bodies joined.

It felt like she was watching from a great distance while staying within her own body, as the two of them made love in the dream world. Hands roved freely over each other, memorizing the curves and dips available to them. Mouths met again and again in a kind of hunger indescribable, for it wasn’t lust that drove them to where they were now, yet it was entirely lust at the same time.

Moments passed by, then hours, then days and weeks, laying in grass and moving together, both eventually dotted in sweat and cooled by the breeze that didn’t end. Kagome was completely swept away, but she found that when she opened her eyes to see her dream man, her mind returned to her.

Unrecognizable, familiar, covered in shadows, bathed in light; who was he?

“Inuyasha,” she said, and the moment the name escaped her lips, her dream faded and she was looking up into golden eyes that she fully understood now.

Their lips weren’t touching anymore, only touching through their hands, now clasped. He didn’t reply to her, simply stared at her, his eyes almost enveloping her entire being. She wondered if he was being swallowed by her gaze as well.

“It was you all along in my dreams,” she stated. There was no doubt – all her memories of her dreams didn’t show a silhouette anymore, but a man, the man above her, her man.

“Hai,” he said, softly. “How much do you remember?”

She shook her head, not fully understanding what he was asking of her. Instead, she asked him, “Did you make the dreams happen?”

“Almost,” he replied, not moving away from her in the least. “I can show you where the dream is. You have to choose to go there.”

“So I chose.”

He nodded, then smiled. “Even though it was just a dream of you. . . Kagome-chan, you felt amazing. . . all of you.”

She blushed, both from his compliment, and his change in the name he called her. She glanced away, her mind trying to grasp the feelings of the dream and nearly overwhelming her as they came rushing back. She let out a shaky sigh as she struggled for control of her own body, which was nearly pointless as Inuyasha began raining butterfly-soft kisses along her cheek and down her neck.

“We have to heal the world,” they said in unison, a realization that struck both at once from nowhere.