InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ No Happy Ending ❯ Chapter 1

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer: HA!! Right, anyways…
 
These are a couple of song fics set to My Happy Ending and I'm With You by Avril Lavigne. I love her music, particularly the harsh emotionalism and stark imagery she has in her songs.
 
 
My Happy Ending
 
 
That damn broad. What the hell did Kagome have that she didn't? Kikyo was older, smarter, more powerful. Shoot, she had bigger boobs. All Kagome did was sass and screech Inuyasha to insanity. Why did he stay with her?
 
Let's talk this over
It's not like we're dead.
Was it something I did
Was it something you said
Don't leave me hanging
In a city so dead
Held up so high
On such a breakable thread
 
Kikyo kept running her last encounter with Inuyasha through her head. How did it come to this?
 
“Leave her be Kikyo, she's no threat to you”
 
“No threat? Inuyasha, do you have any idea how my world works? I need to replenish my own soul. I can't just subsist on others.”
 
“It's not your soul anymore. You're dead. It's hers. That soul belonged to a lot of other people before she got it.
 
Didn't he understand? She needed to completely lose or completely regain her soul. Until then she was in limbo, walking this earth a wraith, not of time or space. He was supposed to save her. He promised.
 
You were all the things I thought I knew
And I thought we could be
 
Once she learned the true circumstances of her death she couldn't hate Inuyasha. She still loved him way too much. Who would have ever thought an annoying girl from the future would steal him away?
 
You were everything, everything that I wanted
We were meant to be, supposed to be but we lost it
All the memories so close to me just fade away.
All this time you were pretending
So much for my happy ending
 
She would like to think that the one thing he loved more than her was the Jewel, and Kagome could give that to him. But deep in her gut she knew that wasn't it. Kagome understood Inuyasha better than she did because Kagome didn't understand what Inuyasha was.
 
“I can get you the almost complete jewel from Naraku, She can only get you shards. If that's what you want, why stay with her?”
 
“Kagome accepts me in a way you never could”
 
You've got you dumb friends
I know what they say
They tell you I'm difficult
But so are they
But they don't know me
Do they even know you
All the things you hide from me
All the shit that you do
 
Kikyo guessed the real crux of the problem was that in the really important areas, Kagome was better. The future girl had heart instead of knowledge, conviction in place of duty. Kikyo wanted to hate her with a righteous anger but couldn't. Not after Kagome saved her.
 
The worst part of the whole bloody cave encounter was that Kagome saved her for Inuyasha, not because it was the right thing to do. Inuyasha didn't take the gift Kagome handed him because, damn the girl, she hadn't told him. How could Kikyo hate such purity?
 
You were all the things I thought I knew
And I thought we could be
 
Once upon a time Inuyasha would have jumped at the chance to become fully human and be with her. It was the best thing he could have hoped for. Nobody loved him, he had no place in the world except the one he clawed out for himself. Then Kagome came along and gave him worth.
 
You were everything, everything that I wanted
We were meant to be, supposed to be but we lost it
All the memories so close to me just fade away
All this time you were pretending
So much for my happy ending
 
Now he wanted to stay half demon. As a human he was weak, as a demon an uncontrollable monster. Kagome make him happy with himself, so now he wasn't accepting hand-outs anymore. He demanded more, more than Kikyo could give him.
 
It's nice to know that you were there
Thanks for acting like you cared
And making me feel like I was the only one
It's nice to know we had it all
Thanks for watching as I fall
And letting me know we were done
 
He helped her out of duty, a sense of nostalgia perhaps. He vaguely felt responsible for her death. Naraku killed her because she loved Inuyasha. Keeping Kikyo alive, as such, and fighting was one way for Inuyasha to get an emotional revenge at Naraku, like “Hey bastard, look she still loves me and not you”. It was childish but effective none the less. That fact was the only reason Naraku wanted Inuyasha dead.
 
You were everything, everything that I wanted
We were meant to be, supposed to be but we lost it
All the memories so close to me just fade away
All this time you were pretending
So much for my happy ending
 
Once Inuyasha learned where the true betrayal lay he was supposed to save her, love her, not Kagome. She was supposed to rebuild her life with him, the way they originally planned. She wasn't supposed to be walking the countryside alone and always starving. Damn Kagome
 
So much for her happy ending.
 
 
Please review, I love to hear from my readers and know what you think.