InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Not-So-Much Boy's Love ❯ Not-So-Much Boy's Love ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
She had been back in the Meiji era for a few hours now, and for a few hours, she wondered if she was the only one who noticed Inuyasha acting... weird. Not constantly, but every time Miroku came within arms length of him, he would startle and move quickly away. Glancing to her left at Sango and Miroku, she gave them a questioning look. With a sly grin on his face the monk quickened his steps to catch up to an unsuspecting hanyou, too deep in thought to notice. When he was mere inches behind him, Miroku leaned towards Inuyasha and softly asked where they were headed.

A bolt of red and silver lightening sped into the branches above him in complete surprise, and instead of the expected tirade of cursing and threatened violence, all the houshi received was a look of what could only be described as confused fear. With an air of smugness Miroku joined the bewildered girl, continuing their journey as the hanyou kept a silent pace from the treetops. Well, that answered Kagome's question; they'd noticed.

The whole day followed in similar fashion, continuing into the evening and only getting worse as they made camp. Even Shippo had tried to join in on the torture, but after the knock on the head he'd received, it was obvious the only person that was causing the hanyou any worry was Miroku, a fact that only worsened the assault from the monk. Any time he could get close to Inuyasha he could; brushing against him as they walked by each other, or sitting much too close to him as they ate their evening meal.

It was when Kagome and Inuyasha were bringing back armfuls of wood for the fire that the hanyou finally snapped. As the two walked back into the open area of the campsite, and Inuyasha bent over to drop his bundle next to the fire the monk walked up behind him as quiet as a whisper and firmly grabbed the hanyou's ass. Sticks and small logs went airborne as Inuyasha quickly straightened up, his face contorted in absolute terror and shock, as red as his fire rat. Unable to hold it in any longer, everyone but Inuyasha burst into laughter, tears running down their faces.

The sounds of laughter were cut short at the sound of falling wood and a startled yelp from Kagome, and replaced it with gasps of surprise. Inuyasha grasped the miko to him like his life depended on it, mouth fully claiming hers, and it was difficult to believe that either of them could breathe. When he finally let her go he looked around at the other members of his group, panting with adrenaline and fear, his hands shaking as much as his voice when he finally spoke.

"I... I am... I mean I don't... fuck, I do not like GUYS!!!" And with that he bounded into the forest, leaving four completely bewildered people staring at each other in confusion. All eyes then landed on Kagome, and with a nervous sigh she turned to follow the direction in which he went, the forest swallowing her in the dark night.

Two hours later the bushes parted once again, and Kagome found her way back to the fire to sit across from three questioning sets of eyes. Not exactly sure where to start, she glanced nervously at her friends before plastering a pleading smile on her face.

"Sooo, guys, let me tell you a little about my era..."

*Earlier in Kagome's time*

Sitting on Kagome's bed, a very bored hanyou waited for Kagome to finish packing up the food that would accompany them to the Meiji era. Realizing that it was going to be a while, he saw an opportunity to be nosy. With a mischievous grin, he got up and quietly and slinked around her room, opening drawers and rifling through them. Making his way back over to the bed, he glanced underneath, then lifted the mattress.

Finding a small notebook, he arched his eyebrows in devilish pleasure at his discovery. Swiveling his ears towards the door, he listened momentarily to the girl and her mother prattle on about pickles and rice, and finding himself safe, scooped up the notebook and sat on the floor to read whatever it was she was so intent on hiding.

For the first few pages it seemed to him to be nothing more than a story about their travels. After there, it began to diverge, and in a direction that caused the color to drain from the hanyou's face and his stomach to churn. Turning the page once more, he made it to the third line before he feared he would lose his stomach, and as quick as he could manage he lifted the mattress once more and tossed the notebook back from whence it came, swearing never again to come within a foot of the tainted bed.

Not even able to stay in the same room as the evil book, he jumped to his feet, threw open the bedroom door, and bounded down the steps to do whatever he could to hurry Kagome along.


The smile had faded from Miroku's face long before he returned to his pallet, and Shippo had been quieted with the typical 'We will tell you when you are older' line. Sango had hidden her smile well throughout the whole telling, but when the houshi left she openly giggled as she walked around the fire to sit next to Kagome. Leaning close to the miko, she whispered in her ear, a wicked gleam in her eye. Giggling, Kagome quietly got up and tip toed towards her bag, and after a moment of shifting items around she pulled out the offending notebook. Holding it close to her, she made her way back over to the taijiya before slipping it to her. Moving to put her back towards the houshi, she opened the book and began reading. Tired of the day's excitement, Kagome once again stood to make her way over to her pallet, gently lifting the sleeping kit to crawl into her bed. The last thing she remembered was hearing the muffled giggles from Sango with the swish of each new page turned.

Morning came too soon, and as pallets were packed up and the remnants of the fire put out, Inuyasha emerged from the woods that he no doubtedly spent his night in. Looking across the clearing, his eyes met with Miroku's, and both men turned shades of red as they snapped their heads in another direction. Fully enjoying the awkwardness of the situation, the taijiya sauntered over to the houshi, and standing before him grinned evilly at him.

"So houshi-sama, I would ask you if I could bear your child, but I see you tired of rejection and have moved on to another path. The best of luck to you both!"

Wood splintered as a fuming Inuyasha dragged his claws down the trunk of the nearest tree, and the lecher's pride finally got the better of Miroku. Stupidly, he decided to follow Inuyasha's example from the night before, and before he grabbed Sango to attach his mouth to her's, he bellowed for all the world to hear,

"I LIKE WOMEEEN!!!" Two loud thunks followed his declaration: Sango's fist to his head, then his head to the ground.

Walking up to Kagome, she pulled the notebook from her kimono to return it to her, smiling at the disbelieving look the hanyou wore when he saw Sango in possession of the cursed thing.

"Let me know when part two comes out; it was good reading." Strolling away, Inuyasha in fits about a 'part two' behind her, Kagome glanced at the madness that had ensued and mentally sighed. I don't think this era is ready for yaoi...