InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Numb ❯ Chapter 1

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer: I don't own InuYasha or "Numb" by Linkin Park.

Summary: [songfic] Kagome, fed up with InuYasha, goes back home only to discover that she left something important behind. . .InuYasha.

Kagome sighed and stood up. She was tired of InuYasha. The half dog demon slowly climbed out of the crater that had formed around his body from her saying "SIT!" nearly one hundred times. He glared at her and opened his mouth to say something but she stopped him.

"Don't say it, InuYasha. I'm going home." InuYasha stared at her before she walked away and toward the well. He started after her but only succeeded in making her yell, "SIT!" He crashed to the ground and she stormed away.

I'm tired of being what you want me to be
Feeling so faithless lost under the surface
Don't know what you're expecting of me
Put under the pressure of walking in your shoes
(Caught in the undertone just caught in the undertow)
Every step that I take is another mistake to you
(Caught in the undertone just caught in the undertow)

Kagome placed her legs over the side of the well and jumped in. She was tired of trying to speak to InuYasha. He was still head-over-heels in love with Kikyo. She didn't know if she was jealous but speaking to a lovesick "puppy" that was in over his head in love with a dead girl who wanted to take him to Hell with her was not easy. Maybe I am jealous, she thought.

She climbed out of the well and shut the door to the shrine. She didn't want to see InuYasha again.

I've become so numb I can't feel you there
I've become so tired so much more aware
I've becoming this all I want to do
Is be more like me and be less like you

Kagome went upstairs to her room and shut the door. Sometimes InuYasha got on her last nerves. He had had the audacity to say that she was worthless. . .again. She tried so hard to have him think of her differently. She had become a better archer and, come on, she put up with him all of the time. Just thinking about it made tears sting her eyes. She lay down on her bed and buried her face in her pillow.

Can't you see that you're smothering me
Holding too tightly afraid the lose control
Cause everything that you thought I would be
Has fallen apart right in front of you
(Caught in the undertone just caught in the undertow)
Every step I take is another mistake to you
(Caught in the undertone just caught in the undertow)
And every second I waste is more than I can take

She didn't even realize that she had fallen asleep until her alarm clock went off. It was six o'clock in the morning. She noticed that she forgot something but let it slip her mind as she got ready for school. She sighed. It was Saturday. There were no classes today. She sat down on her bed and looked out the window. What did she forget? I really don't want to see him, she thought.

I've become so numb I can't feel you there
I've become so tired so much more aware
I've becoming this all I want to do
Is be more like me and be less like you

She saw Souta sitting in front of the television, watching some sort of cartoon show and laughing. She knew what she forgot. She hurried out of the door, grabbing her backpack and filling it with food and medical supplies as she went out of the door.

And I know
I may end up failing too
But I know
You were just like me with someone disappointed in you

Kagome hesitated when she was about to go down, one knee resting on the side of the well. She backed away. She didn't know what he was going to say. Or, how he was going to act for that matter. He's probably extremely mad at me.

I've become so numb I can't feel you there
I've become so tired so much more aware
I've becoming this all I want to do
Is be more like me and be less like you

She couldn't hold back her emotions and jumped in without thinking twice. She grasped one of the vines once she knew she had entered the Sengoku Jidai but paused. Did she really want to go back and face him? She looked up but saw no one.

I've become so numb I can't feel you there
Tired of being what you want me to be
I've become so numb I can't feel you there
Is everything what you want me to be

Kagome grabbed the vine again and climbed out. She wasn't going to wait and think this over. She was just going to get up and ignore InuYasha if she had to. She sat on the edge of the well and looked around. InuYasha was sitting in a tree, watching her. He smiled and jumped down. Things have changed. Perhaps he is a lovesick "puppy" anymore. She smiled.