InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Of Crismon Butterfly's Dream ❯ Chapter 2:Ominous Comes in a Baboon Pelt ( Chapter 2 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
8
Of Crimson Butterfly’s Dream
A Sesshomaru Fanfic
Based off of the Manga series
A/N: well here we are, only the second chapter lol, but so far I’m rather pleased with it don’t you think so to ^^. Now I’m asking for favors, I’m really bad at not sticking to character, so I will definitely need your help valiant readers, give me advice, and give me idea’s point out where I screwed up something, and all that other stuff, it will be thanked greatly ^^. Sorry it took so long to, but this chapter was surprisingly hard, that and no one would give me the privacy to type lol XD j/k
Again I started a forum, though I already have arc 1 figured out, I would still like you guys idea’s it be nice, though you don’t have to use it lol. And please more reviews =D
 I’m trying to put at least two songs for every chapter, cause I like to listen to music while I type, so, I’m putting suggested songs, which you can find on the play list link on my home page ^^. If the songs I chose aren’t all that great, and you think you might have a better choice for the chapter then please share with me your thoughts ^^, I’m also looking for a theme song for the entire story, course it will take a while to think of that one lol.
Btw, I started an account on deviant art, don’t have anything on it yet, but I will, eventually, I’ll try to post an awesome drawing of Cho, and Chikara, when I get the chance, anyways, please enjoy this chapter!
Dedicated to Nizuna Fujieda, Little.Miss.Fortune, and Day-Of-The-Dead-TattooGal for their reviews =D!!!!
Music: Songs by My Darkest Days lol, particularly the world belongs to me.
How the music stuff works is that whatever I was listening to while I was typing the chapter, is the music the best goes with the chapter because the feelings of the music are portrayed in the story as well =D now you know how it works.

Chapter 2: Ominous Comes in a Baboon Pelt
"Cho, you’re in the feudal era, and that was a demon sent by a witch named Yamasuso who had kidnapped me right before you came here to eat me so that she could have eternal youth and immortality" Kagome said.
Cho stood for a moment as she looked at her sister like she had just said something from out of a movie. Hell it sounded more like a fairy tale, Grandpa had told her all the stories about the Bone Eaters Well and how demon’s bones would vanish, but she never heard of a person being able to pass through time by jumping in to the well. It made sense though, now that she looked at Inuyasha with more thought.
ÒYou’re from this time, this is why your grades are failing, because of this place, because of whatever this thing is,Ó Cho said and held up the gem that was left after the demon vanished.
ÒYes, Nii-chan, what you hold there is the Shikon No Tama, the jewel of four souls, and it is coveted by every demon in the world, it can give human’s and demon’s incredible powers even with that tiny sliver of the jewel in your hand,Ó Kagome said looking at her sister’s face studying her reaction to the world her sister had suddenly got dragged into.
Cho ever calculating, always thinking stepped back and leaned against the well, Kagome could see her sister slowly begun to frown and she lifted a hand to run it through her short hair. ÒWhy are you collecting them,Ó she said finally
ÒBecause I shattered the jewel and I’m the only one that can see where they are hidden,Ó Kagome replied to her. Cho sighed heavily, ÒWell there is no argument there, it is right for you to fix what you broke,Ó Cho said softly.
Cho glanced at the well behind them then looked back at her younger sister, Òis the well the only way back?Ó she asked her. Kagome nodded and Cho looked back at the well and leaped supporting her body-weight with one arm and then falling feeling the rush of wind into the well.
ÒCho!Ó Kagome shouted after her running to the edge of the well but Cho landed perfectly at the bottom of the well in a crouched position.
ÒCho, you didn’t go back?Ó Kagome said with surprise across her face and Inuyasha equally surprised.
ÒI figured that was the case, that demon didn’t feel very real, it was meant for you Ka-chan not for me,Ó she said looking up at her sister.
ÒYou’re kidding, that demon was another one of Yamasuso’s weird curses,Ó she said with a shout, Òand it must have mistaken me and Chikara for you,Ó Cho said and Chikara yipped from the side of the well.
Inuyasha reached down towards Cho and she reached up grabbing some vines to lever herself so she could jump and grab hold of his hand and be pulled up and out of the well by the dog eared boy.
Òhow do you figure the demon was a curse,Ó Inuyasha asked her as he let go of her hand and stared at her questioningly, Òwell one, it disappeared inside the well, which where would it have gone other than to have completed its missionÓ she said and glanced down the well again.
ÒI still don’t see how a human could tell the differenceÓ Inuyasha said with a scuff. Cho scuffed back, and Kagome laughed softly, ÒCho is really smart Inuyasha, I didn’t have any doubt she wouldn’t figure it out quickly,Ó she said.
ÒInuyasha probably would be too stupid to see what would be common sense,Ó Cho said and ran a hand through her hair. Inuyasha scrawled at her and growled, ÒYou want to go, I got no problems fighting a girl,Ó Inuyasha said shaking his fist at her.
Cho placed a hand on his fist and squeezed a tick showing in her jaw line, Òsorry but I don’t beat up the mentally challenged,Ó she said between gritted teeth.
Inuyasha swung out but Cho’s arm flew up and caught his fist squeezing that one to but at the same time Kagome had yelled sit, Chikara sat down but to Cho’s surprise Inuyasha’s fanged prayer beads shined brightly and he was yanked to the ground leaving a deep imprint in the soft earth with his body.
ÒI won’t have you hit my sister Inuyasha!Ó Kagome shouts and from behind her Cho sticks out her tongue at him. But Kagome turned at the last moment catching Cho with her tongue out, Òand Chonii-chan, your 22 years old, don’t antagonize Inuyasha on purposeÓ Kagome said hands on her hip.
ÒOld hag,Ó Inuyasha said from below, Òsit!Ó Kagome shouted again and the necklace shined again and seemed to drag Inuyasha further into the ground. Cho smiled at her sister, and her interesting ability over the dog-eared young man, Òcan I learn to do that two?Ó she asked her smiling.
ÒNo, you can’t it only works for me though I wish I could teach other people to use it,Ó Kagome said, Òhey!Ó Inuyasha shouted at her and she simply said sit again in which Cho couldn’t help but to laugh again.
ÒWell I should go back and get us supplies, is there anything particular you want me to grab for you Cho, and would like me to tell mom,Ó Kagome said to her sister with a slightly guilty look about having to talk to their mother.
ÒJust grab whatever you can ka-chan, I don’t think it would very much matter sense it might take a while for me to get back,Ó Cho said to her sister and reach down to help Inuyasha to his feet.
ÒMom isn’t going to like this,Ó Kagome whispered and brought her legs over the edge of the well, Òif mom hasn’t stopped you yet, I think she can handle me being away for a little longer,Ó Cho said with a little laugh and smiled at her.
Kagome returned the chuckle and jumped down into the well vanishing to the world beyond it. Cho turned on Inuyasha in that instant her sapphire eyes’ turning into bright lighting storms in the darkness around them with the only light was from the crescent moon hanging overhead. She could clearly see Inuyasha swallow and rather hard even though she knew he wasn’t human, she just had that gift ya know.
ÒWhat now Inuyasha,Ó she asked him and scooped up her albino fox into her arms holding him close to her chest. Inuyasha looked skimmed his human companions sister with quick glances and contemplated on running away and leaving her there in the woods with demons all around, but he had this odd feeling that she could keep up with him, but it was just a feeling.
ÒHello,Ó she said and waved her hand at him, and he looked up again, ÒI guess I should take you back to the village, till Kagome gets back,Ó he said with a bit of a grunt and walks away.
Cho follows him Chikara moving to her shoulders and surveying the area surrounding them. He lead her through first a forest, she could see the Sacred tree that she had grown up with all her life off in the distance, it used to be her guide home when she was much younger. Now here she was, in a faraway time, and the tree couldn’t lead her home anymore. Inuyasha stopped walking turning back to her, Òyou still keeping up,Ó he said and she glared at him slightly.
ÒNo I’m sitting by the well crying my eyes out waiting for my little sister to take me home,Ó Cho snapped at him and annoyed she stormed past him onto a walkway leading across what looked like the rice fields. A head was a sleepy looking village; it was still in the wee hours of the morning in both times, she wasn’t going to even bother asking how the times managed to sync up like they had.
Inuyasha took over the lead with a light scrawl on his face but she decided to go ahead and let him scrawl all he wanted. Cho kept up with his pace though even though he had begun to walk faster, until they came to one of the houses in the village that still had a fire burning. A tall young man was standing outside the door, but, he was still shorter then Cho, which was nothing new.
He was dressed in purple and black robs with a long golden staff and small rings on the top, she assumed he was a monk and she nodded slightly to him, Òyo, Miroku, the demons gone,Ó Inuyasha said and entered the small house followed by Cho.
Inside were an elderly woman, a small child that was fast asleep, and another younger woman with a twin tailed cat draped across her lap. Cho gave them a smile meant to be slightly friendly though in Cho’s current state of mind it probably looked more like a death grin than anything else. Not only that, Cho was still annoyed with Inuyasha and knew that her sapphire blue eyes were doing weird things in the moonlight and fire light mixed together.
ÒWho is this Inuyasha,Ó the young man asked from behind her, Òapparently, this is Cho, Kagome’s sisterÓ Inuyasha said as he leaned against the wall crossing his arms.
Cho looked at him with a glare and crossed her arms over her tank top t-shirt that still struggled to keep her breasts inside her shirt, Òyou make it sound as if I’m the one who started the plague,Ó she said, Òplague?Ó Inuyasha asked and Cho rolled her eyes "never mind" she said.
Cho moved across the room towards the fire to join the two women, the elderly woman was watching her closely and she looked ready to ask her more questions then she could give, but she felt a hand on her hand and she turned to look down into the brownish purple eyes of the monk.
ÒYou are quite lovely, as lovely as your sister, my name is Miroku, and I know we have just met, but I feel a connection, would you do me the honor of bearing me a child,Ó he asked as he rubbed her hands gently.
Cho chuckled softly and turned her whole body to face him her face leaning close to his and her eyes danced again, Òoh that sounds nice, I’m always willing for a lay in the hay,Ó she said softly her voice turning husky and sultriest. Miroku’s face blazed with color in that moment and Cho grinned.
Òr-really?Ó he stuttered, and Cho smirked, Òyes really, I’m always willing to be staring in someone’s wet dreams,Ó she said and turned away and sat down on the ground in front of the flames, the young woman laughed and so did Inuyasha, the elderly woman herself face turned red and Miroku looked like he had just been slapped.
ÒSoÉyour Kagome’s sister,Ó the younger woman said after the laughter had died down after a few minutes, Òyes, I’m her sister, though, not many know I exist,Ó Cho said softly.
ÒWhy would that be child,Ó the elderly woman asked, Òdon’t really know, I’m not all that much to talk about, other than I am Kagome’s adopted older sister,Ó Cho said and it looked like some kind of ah-ha moment had passed among the group.
ÒI thought only Kagome could pass through the well, how did you get here,Ó Miroku asked and Cho leaned back to look at him who’s ego seemed to have repaired itself, Òyou know that demon Inuyasha mentioned, it was after Kagome, and happen to grab me instead,Ó Cho said and ran her hands through her hair slowly and looked at Inuyasha, Òapparently it wasn’t a demon at all but another one of Yamasuso’s bloody curses, and Cho can’t get back to Kagome’s time through the well,Ó Inuyasha finished explaining for her.
Òbut Yamasuso’s living curses, if I remembered right, weren’t easy to find off,Ó Sango said and looked at Cho curiously, ÒI’m a black belt, it wasn’t hard at all,Ó Cho explained staring into the fire. ÒBlack belt,Ó the boys said together, Òit means I can kick your ass up the street and back,Ó she snapped a little annoyed that they were still asking her questions.
ÒIs that a challenge,Ó Inuyasha snapped with a snarl but Miroku reached out with his staff and tapped him on the head, Òbe more chivalrous Inuyasha, she is a woman,Ó Miroku said, ÒI find that hard to believe,Ó Inuyasha said with a scuff and rubbed his head where her bat had previously made contact to his head.
ÒI don’t mean to intrude child, but your hair color, is odd, hair like that, is more common among demons,Ó the elderly woman said softly as she poked at the flames.
Cho glanced up at the elderly woman, ÒI was born with the blue tips, in modern time blonde hair isn’t unusual, this yellow color, but, the blue tips are,Ó Cho said and twirled one of the tips around a finger absently.
Òoh, I didn’t introduce myself, my name is Sango, this is Kirara my friend,Ó the younger woman said and nodded to the cat laying across her lap, Òwhat is she, a demon,Ó Cho asked, Òshe is actually,Ó Sango said and looked at Chikara that was lying across Cho’s shoulders, she didn’t even remember when he had gotten there.
ÒKagome said there were no demons in her time, but your fox?,Ó she asked, Òit’s another abnormality, like my blue tips, they call it albinism, its where certain parts of our bodies’ pigments, don’t develop completely, and we lose color’s in our skin, or hair color and even eyes,Ó Cho explained.
Finally Kagome returned with a large yellow backpack and Cho’s smaller more compact black bag from inside her cabinet/closet from in her bedroom. Kagome passed her sister her bag stuffed full of clothing and as Cho felt the bag, all the other essentials, like tooth paste and razors were packed in.
Òwhat should we do about Lady Cho,Ó Miroku asked softly to her younger sister, Kagome looked at the monk in thought, Òwell, I figured, Cho could come with us,Ó she said and looked at Inuyasha.
Òoh no, were not taking another weak human girl with us!Ó Inuyasha shouted rather loudly, ÒI should take offense to that Inuyasha,Ó Sango said with an annoyed expression.
Òyour different Sango, and so are you Kagome, but sheÓ he jabbed a finger towards Cho’s direction, Òprobably couldn’t lift a sword much less fight with one,Ó Inuyasha snapped. Cho glanced over at Sango, sure enough beside the woman laid a black sword with a white hilt Cho stood and walked over to her, Òexcuse me but could I borrow this,Ó Cho said softly.
Òsure, what are you going to do with it,Ó Sango said curiously as she handed Cho her sword. Cho grasped the hilt with her right hand and the sheath with her left hand and felt the weight of the blade and grinned and turned towards Inuyasha and stepped outside.
Òcare to put your foot where your mouth it Dog-boyÓ Cho snapped at him and glared. Kagome sighed deeply and the elderly woman looked at the younger miku, Òshould he be concerned,Ó she asked her, Òyes, I don’t think Inuyasha realizes what he’s getting himself into yet,Ó Kagome said and stood and followed the rest of the small group outside.
Cho stood in front of Inuyasha gripping Sango’s sword with great force. She pulled the blade free from its sheath then tossed the sheath back to its owner and rotated her wrist with the blade. Then Cho with her left hand ran it through her hair and glanced at Inuyasha the moon reflected in the frosty sapphire eyes of hers. She looked ethereal at that moment, like she always did, always had.
Òalright Inuyasha, come at me,Ó Cho said no smile crossed her face, she kept it perfectly straight and her eyes gathered information at Inuyasha’s arrogant stance, that he truly believe he was better then her.
ÒAll right, but your asking for it,Ó he said with a confidant grin and drew his own sword at his hip. As it emerged it transformed into a huge blade that was shaped much like a fang and had a power surrounding it.
He didn’t wait any longer then to say, ÒI’ll be easy on you sense you’re so weak,Ó and he was charging her. he was so slow, his movement looked much like a cheesy ninja film. He was on her in seconds swinging his over sized blade, she already knew his move and she was out of the way before the blade could even pass through where she had been standing. She twirled around in a circled her feet barely touching the ground and she was behind him her own blade to his throat.
Òyour movements are slow, and predicable,Ó she said softly, Òyou think so!Ó he snapped and turned around swinging his sword where her head had been but she had ducked to the ground and swung out a legged to knock Inuyasha off his feet and put him on his ass. She stood and held out her blade pointed to Inuyasha’s throat, Òdo you still think I’m so weak, Inuyasha,Ó she said slowly and deliberately coldly. They had been fighting for less then 10 minutes, and he lost to a human whose closet fighting experience had been inside a dojo in downtown Tokyo.
Òwhat the hell,Ó Inuyasha snapped and sat up Cho stepped back and returned the sword to Sango who was smiling more then she thought was possible. Cho kept her back to Inuyasha as he sheathed his sword, Òthat was just beginners luck, no way a human from Kagome’s time is that good,Ó he said with a scuff and looked at Kagome.
Kagome had gone quiet in the distance the sun was beginning to rise, but that wasn’t her expression. It was the same look she got when she sensed jewel shards, ÒInuyasha, shards, lots of them, getting closer,Ó she said softly.
Cho looked at her younger sister and in that moment she heard it again, the soft voices whispering to her promising her things, to give her power, to give her time and to make things into how ever she wanted them to be. she felt the jewel in her boxer shorts pocket burn telling her, reminding her, that its presence was there, and it wanted to be with its relatives. It wanted her to follow the voices singing in her head.
Chikara exploded into a brake neck run from the village and leaped right over Cho’s head just as a long tactical like thing had appeared to wrap itself around Cho. Chikara’s snarl could be heard over the gasps and the laughter that had suddenly filled the small clearing just outside the village.
Cho grabbed Sango’s sword back and spun around into a wide arching strike her blade hit air as the man that had suddenly appeared from no where leaped back away from her, he was dressed in the pelt of a baboon. The man kept laughing as he seemed to stare at her, Cho returned the stare narrowing her eyes to the point it looked like she might be closing them.
ÒNaraku!Ó Inuyasha snapped and redrew his sword in a blink of an eye. Chikara yelped overhead as a second tentacle emerged from the man’s back to try and strike the fox but it escaped and landed on Cho’s shoulder with shaky paws and he snarled. Again Cho remained calm and collected, Kagome ran to her sister and wrapped an arm around hers and tugged, but Cho was like stone.
Cho could still hear the voices beautiful songs of darkness playing in her head over and over again, begging her to take them and us them to become powerful. She could see the man’s eyes glow, or was it an illusion, red orbs gleaming from the holes of the eyes of the baboon pelt.
Òrelax Inuyasha, I haven’t come to kill you today, or take your jewel shards, I came to see,Ó he said Cho felt her own body tense, beside her, her sister turned cold as well.
Òthere was, change, when she appeared, your of no use to me now, but in time, I will need to seek you out,Ó he said with another chuckle on his lips. Cho knew he was talking to her, that much was obvious. Cho held out the blade at arms length pointing it at the man, this man she knew was a demon, ÒNarakuÉyou don’t seem, so dangerous,Ó she said softly.
Naraku laughed, though it wasn’t much different form his soft brooding chuckles, ÒI suppose not, not to you at this moment, I don’t think they’ve had much time to tell you about me,Ó he said. Cho took her blade and stabbed the ground, another one of his tentacle arms emerged from the ground Cho yanked back her blade that had impaled the arm.
Òagain, your not so dangerous,Ó Cho said and held her sword in fighting stance, Inuyasha rushed forward and swung his sword down trying to take the demon Naraku’s head with him, but with no success as the baboon pelt was empty and Naraku was gone.
Òlittle butterfly, little butterfly, I’ll be waiting for you to gain your wings,Ó Naraku’s voice spoke from somewhere, but nowhere, Cho again, knew he spoke of her, though knew nothing of what it meant she just allowed herself a smile, Òwell then, I look forward to it,Ó she said and turned away.
Chikara stopped his growling and rubbed his face against her cheek once more Cho returned Sango’s sword then looked at her sister just as the sun reached the tops of the trees. ÒKa-chan, it’s time we sat down and talk,Ó she said softly as the blonde hair changed to cold and the frosty sapphire eyes shined. Kagome would say, that at that moment, her sister never looked more determined then any time she had ever seen her in her life.
Converting /tmp/phpd4khZx to /dev/stdout