InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Of Youkai Bondage ❯ Lost Innocence ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Sorry this is a short chapter. I have to go to work, but I wanted to post before I left.

Disclaimer: They belong to someone else.

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((()))))))))))))))))))))))))))) )))))))))))))))))))

Ayame looked intently at the ceiling from her cot. Hiten had left her small quarters hours before, but she still couldn't sleep. It was a nightly thing now. He would come in. She would put a fight. He would have his way with her. That's just how it was. There were no options, no bargaining. She would fight, and he would win. She desperately wanted to rest, but every time she closed her eyes, she saw his face. His long braided black hair would hit her as he stole another evening from her. She couldn't bear to think about it. This was not how her life was supposed to be. She was a virgin before she was captured, and she had found the man she wanted to share her life with. He had begged for her body, and she had refused him. She told him they had the rest of time to be together. Nothing and no one would take her from him. The slave traders had come the next day. She should have listened to her body. She should have given herself to him. She was so stupid. Her first time was going to be special. She would be in the arms of a man who loved her, in the quiet cave they were going to make their home. Instead, it had been Hiten that took her. She had held her own for many years, but he broke her. He was a very attractive slave that shared his bed with many females, but Ayame denied him. He had been so angry that he'd punched her. He forced her to do everything that was meant for her love. She hated the feeling of betraying him, even though she didn't know if he was alive or dead. Her heart ached. She was no longer an innocent princess but a dirty slave. A whore who took no payment or pleasure. Tears streamed down her cheeks. She wiped them away as if she had been touched by acid. "I can't keep living like this," she whispered to herself.

Kagome awoke to the sound of grumbling. It was coming from the sweet hanyou. She went over to him and stroked his ears. The grumbling turned into something deeper and more throaty. Kagome started to giggle. He was purring. He slowly opened his eyes.

"Mmmmmm, good morning, mistress."

"Wrong," she corrected.

"Oh, I'm sorry. Good morning, Kagome." She smiled.

"That's much better. Good morning, Inuyasha." They stayed like that for a long time, Kagome stroking his ears and Inuyasha gazing up at her. He nuzzled into her hand. He couldn't help it. It felt so good. They didn't talk to each other. There was no need to. Their eyes said it all, promises of protection and caring. "I will never let you go," was the mutual message they displayed. They practically screamed it. They only broke the trance when Ayame stepped in.

"Good morning, Mistress Kagome."

"Oh, good morning, Ayame. I am glad you are here. I need to speak with you. Inuyasha, will you go down and get breakfast? I feel like eating here this morning." Inuyasha pouted. He didn't want to go. Truth be told, Kagome didn't want him to go, but she had to talk with Ayame.

"I don't know where it is." Ayame told him. He pouted more.

"Please, Inuyasha."

"Okay, okay. I'm going." Ayame looked after him with her mouth virtually on the floor as her exited the room.

"What is it, Ayame?"

"Oh, excuse me if I'm being rude Mistress Kagome, but did you just say please to a slave?" Kagome mused for a second.

"Yes, I suppose I did. That's kind of what I wanted to talk to you about, Ayame."

"Yes?"

"Well, I'm falling for Inuyasha. He is my slave, I know, but I can't keep him out of my mind. You know what I mean?" Ayame thought about her intended for a moment. She imagined his muscled body running along the streams with her. He was the only one who ever beat her in a race. That was probably why she liked him so much. She thought of the time he had picked her up and bolted into the clearing they always went to in order to be alone. When she had asked him why he carried her, he had told her that she was too slow. They had laughed together. She could still picture that day even though fifty years had passed. His face and swept up hair was still vivid in her mind. She could even remember the feeling of that silly fur headband he always wore. She knew it was a symbol of his place in the tribe, but she still thought it was funny. She would give anything for him to be with her again, even for only a moment.

"Ayame?"

"Oh, I'm sorry, mistress. I was thinking. I know how you feel all to well."

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((()))))))))))))))))))))))))))) )))))))))))))))))))

A/N: I love Ayame. I didn't mean for the beginning of this chapter to be so sad. I guess it just came out that way. You know what happens when the pen takes over. Review!