InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Of Youkai Bondage ❯ Bittersweet Reunion ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

You guys are awesome. I just read the last chapter again. Isn't flabbergasted a great word? Anyway, ladyofdragons1, I wrote this before I read your review, you read my mind lady. Oh, Kagome decided she wasn't going to sell Inuyasha right then and there when he expressed his love. I'm not writing that in the story; it's assumed. I just thought I'd make it clear.

Disclaimer: See all the other disclaimers.

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((()))))))))))))))))))))))))))) )))))))))))))))))))

Kouga wandered around the halls of the Higarashi home aimlessly. This was the first time he had been let out of Kikyo's room in nearly three weeks. She had found another slave to occupy her attentions for a while. He felt bad for the other young man, but at least her was away from that woman. He stared at the row of doors he had stumbled upon. Compared to the lavishness of the rest of the home, this corridor was bare. He concluded that it had to be the slave's quarters. As he continued walking, something caught his attention. He stopped dead in his tracks, closed his eyes, and breathed in deeply. Wild flowers and summer rain. He knew that smell well. It comforted his dreams every night.

"It can't be," he whispered to himself. Kouga was off in a whirlwind, chasing the scent down the hallway. He stopped in front of a door that he knew the odor was wafting from. He pressed his face to it and inhaled. It had been fifty long years since he was allowed this simple pleasure. He had kept it in his memory all that time. He refused to let himself forget. It was the same as he remembered, beautiful and gentle. Then another scent invaded his senses. One he had not expected and did not want to believe. He swung open the door and was greeted with the sight of a man thrusting furiously into a cot. Two delicate hands pinned to the wall in his heavy grip were the only hint as to what he was working so heatedly at. A long black braid hung across his back.

"No," thought Kouga. He hoped against hope that he was mistaken. Maybe there was some other girl who smelled like wild flowers and summer rain. Maybe his memory had been wrong after all. It had to be some other girl. The small figure beneath the man struggled. He laughed as her voice rang out.

"Please stop!" Kouga's heart wrenched. He knew that voice. It was her. Right in front of him, the love of his life was being raped. His composure snapped.

"Get away from her!" He ran forward and punched the other man. He flew off the cot and landed on the floor. Kouga descended on him like a hungry wolf. He kicked and punched the man until he stopped moving, then he kicked and punched some more. Eventually he dragged the broken, bleeding man to the door and threw him down the hall. He was breathing hard and still seething with anger. How could that man do that? How dare he take advantage of his woman? Just then, he felt a gentle touch on his shoulder. Kouga whirled around and met the emerald eyes that filled his every waking thought.

"Ayame!" His heart felt like it was going to burst standing there before her. Her, who he still loved all these years later.

"Kouga!" she cried. He wrapped his strong arms around her and could feel the wetness on he chest where her tears were falling.

"Oh Gods, Ayame, how I have missed you! Did you ever think about me?"

"Every moment of every day."

Kouga laid on top of Ayame on her cot, kissing her with the passion that had been pent up for fifty years. He nuzzled her neck and nipped at her collarbone.

"Kouga, you know I'm not as innocent now as I once was."

"I know."

" This wasn't the first time he'd done this." Anger flashed momentarily across his eyes.

"It's alright."

"I tried to save myself for you. I really did." Kouga looked down at her with all the sincerity he could muster.

"Ayame, my love, we cannot change the things that people have done to us. I have been with other women more times than I care to remember, but never willingly. This is the first time I have ever wanted to do this. I love you, and you love me. Ayame, you are my woman, and to me you are still as pure as the day you were born." She smiled. She couldn't remember the last time she had been this happy. It had been at least fifty years. She was finally with the one she loved, and he wasn't going to turn her away for what people had done to her. They returned to their passionate kissing.

"Kouga, now that we've found each other, promise me you'll never leave me again." He kissed her cheek.

"I promise, never again."

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((())))))))))))))))))))) ))))))))))))))))))))))))))

A/N: Okay, I have to go to work, but I'll write another chapter when I get home from work. Maybe even between shifts if I have time. I have to go to Deland (40 minutes away) and pay a speeding ticket. Keep on reviewing!