InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ oh my goddess ❯ oh my goddess ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]
just a little story i worte for my Anthropology class, and i thought i share those character do not belong to me, the names where just used for the prposse of the story




For thousands of years men have been put into the position of power while women were given very little influence in society,the city of Aphera was no different.

King Leo ruled with an iron fist and in this city women were subjected to work while the men enjoyed the fruits of their labor.King Leo was very ethnocentric, he believed that his kingdom and his people were far more superior to all others. Since birth Leo's parents had arranged him to be married and like the princes before him, he was allowed to have as many mistresses as he pleased so as long as he only bore a child with his queen and kill those who he had with his lovers. The kings arranged marriage reminds me of article that I read by Jihyun Lee called "Modern Lessons From Arranged Marriage" that says that with parents involvement in an arranged marriage it will have lasting results because the parents prescreened the person making sure that they are good enough. Which is what the kings parents did, they chose princess Kikio because she was not only the prettiest girl in the kingdom but also because she came from a wealthy family and thus maintaining wealth in the family. What nobody knew is that throughout the years Kikio had a secret.

In the outskirts of Aphera lived a lady by the name of Zenon who was very close to princess Kikio. Being childhood friends they were together for so long and before they knew it Kikio despite being set up to marry the future king Leo, fell in love with Zenon. For years they kept it a secret meeting often until the day came in which Kikio was to marry the now King Leo.Not wanting to lose Zenon she convinced Leo to let Zenon go with them to the castle because Zenon was her trusted servant.Behind the kings back they continued to see each other and for awhile it went unnoticed, the king being convinced that the nightly visits of Zenon were nothing more then her fulfilling her duties as a servant.

On one night the King Leo approached Kikio's room and heard strange sounds coming from behind the door and for a moment just brushed it aside until he heard Kikio calling out Zenon's name. Leo made his way into her room and found Kikio and Zenon having intercourse, angered by this startling revelation decided to Correctionaly rape them. Believing that having intercourse with Zenon and Kikiyo would put them on the right path again, for the women of Aphera and the world were put on this earth to work and please men not other women.

Kikio was left in tears after she was violated by Leo, her tears though were not from the pain she was in but because she was forced to watch king Leo commit the act of ripping into her beloved Zenon while chained up the wall of his chamber. Despite being in the same room they felt as though million miles apart, twlight had fallen they to sat there in stunned silence as Kikio watched Zenon from across the room. Zenon began to tugged at the chains that held her and Kikio watch as the chains on the wall began to loosen little by little and finally coming apart completely. Kikio knew the kind of village that Zenon came from, Sexual dimorphism was very common. The women there were bigger and stronger then the man by far and that was one of the many things that Kikio found attractive in Zenon.

The chains binding Zenon now broken, allowed her to run into Kikios arms where they both cried and shared a passionate kiss. A kiss which spoke volumes of words for they would escape together a kiss that unknowing to them would be there last. Kikio was almost free from the chains that bound her to the wall when everything was truned upside down, for at an instant King Leo with an evil grin playing along his face drove a sword through Zenon's back and out her stomach. Kikio's screams and cries were heard throughout the kingdom and Zenon looking into her eyes drew her last breath and laid dead at her feet. The king spared Kikio because he wanted to see her suffer and also because she was to was to carry his unborn son.

The king continued to go from village to village through out the kingdoms taking young women for the use of sexual satisfaction but it did not stop there. King Leo began trafficking women, he told the men of his kingdom that he will allow them to come to his castle and choose any of the women and for a price sleep with them there he would pay the women a small amount of what was made. He also promised women work at his castle to clean and cook but sadly they found out that they were being deceived into being part of his little operation, some women choose to participate for the money and others were threatened.

At one point Kikio became pregnant and gave birth, despite the fact she looked happy being with the king she was still mourning over the death of Zenon at the hands of King Leo and the fact that she didn't want to have a kid. She knew that once the child was old enough he would have to go though a ritual that marked an important change that would bring the child onto a higher status, the king referred to it as the right of passage. Along with this once the child became a young man he would have to take part in pederasty, which is when an older man (his father) would have him take park in homoerotic relationship with him which also seen as a right of passage. Knowing this Kikio would not allow such a thing to happen to her son for she found it barbaric!

She hated the king and she was going to make him pay. A few days after the birth of her son Sota she left the newborn with the babysitter and told the king she was going out to buy something at the market and he allowed her. She instead set out to the town where she first met her love Zenon and searched for a close friend of Zenon's who hated the king as much as her.After finding them Kikio told them about what had happen to her and also about her plans for revenge, they then gave Kikio a purple bottle. Its contents were to be administrated as so,a couple of drops into the kings drink and after drinking this he would fall into a deep slumber. One in which he would not a waken from but not before suffering tremendously,for the poison is suppose to break him down from the inside, he would feel like he is being set ablazed through the inside. He would feel his lungs die as it becomes harder and impossible to breathe and his heart burst like it was being cut open by the sharpest of instruments.

During the night when King Leo was not looking she slipped the contents of the vial into his wine and during the night as he laid in bed he looked up to see Kikio staring at him with the sinister grin he had when he to Zenon from her and he died.Years passed Kikio raised her son Sota all by herself and he grew to become a well respected man in the kingdom. Sota was now the new king who had the trust of his citizens and through her son Kikio was able to give women a higher ranking in society and enforce new laws. She inforce Equality, The Queer theory which is breaking down what Aphera's though of gender and sexual identity. This act challenged heteronormailty and heterosexism, through Sota Kikio was able to turn Aphera into a kingdom that was more open to gender and sexual orientation and teaching its citizens that labels where both constraining and destructive.

She also was able to enforce the Sex work abolishment act,(Criminalization).Which means that sex work should be abolished in total and under no circumstance would it ever be allowed. Which relates to an article that I read called Sex Trafficking: The Abolitionist Fallacy by Ann Jordan which talk about the crackdown and the end on sex trafficking because it is a modern form of slavery. King Sota was looked by the people as a beacon of light, of hope setting a new standard in society. No longer will women be looked down upon as inferior to men, now they were more powerful then the men were and continued to grow in power. Sota's name went down through the ages as a wonderful king but nobody knew that in the shadows the true king was actually their own Queen was Kikio.

By: Angelo Rodriguez Anthropology 39