InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Oh, No! Not Another AU?! ❯ I Don't Wanna Behave ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Edited 7/28/04

~*A/N: See, I told you more updates! Go, read, enjoy!*~

DISCLAIMER: I only own Mr. Announcer-man. I swear!

Chapter Four: I Don't Wanna Behave

Kagome looked towards the building, hearing Inu-Yasha call out to Miroku. "What is it, Kagome?" Sango asked. Her question was answered seconds later, when Miroku came strolling up to them, a grin on his face.

"Konnichi wa, ladies. I see we weren't the only ones needing some fresh air," he said, stopping in front of them.

"More like I couldn't stand to watch for another second. If he gyrated one more time, I was going to scream," Kagome replied.

"Kagome-san," Miroku said, getting down on one knee and grasping her hand in his, "will you do me the honor of bearing my child?"

Shippo, who had been bouncing up to them, heard his friend's request, and stopped a foot behind him. "Uh, oh." Kagome sat there, her expression of shock quickly turning to anger.

"Hentai!" she screamed, knocking him to the ground and leaving a red handprint on the boy's cheek.

"Tsk, tsk, Miroku. Will you never learn?" Inu-Yasha chuckled, shaking his head as he came to stand over his prostrate friend. Shippo hid a giggle behind his hand. "I must apoligize for this baka," Inu-Yasha turned to Kagome. "He doesn't know the meaning of the phrase 'think before you speak'."

Shippo reached out to Miroku, struggling to pull him upright. Miroku scratched the back of his head, chuckling nervously, studying the toes of his boots. "Gomen nasai, Kagome-sama," he muttered.

"Whatever. Just don't do it again," Kagome glared, trying to conceal the grin that tugged at her lips.

"So, what are you three up to?" Sango asked, changing the subject.

"We were just trying to figure that out," Miroku answered, all embarrassment gone from his expression.

"We could get some coffee?" Rin suggested.

"Coffee? Yesssh... coffee, coffee, coffee..." Shippo resumed his bouncing, punctuating each "coffee".

"Ano, I think he should stick to decaf," Kagome suggested, her eyes following the bouncing boy.

"Actually, caffeine calms him down. He's weird like that," Inu-Yasha smirked down at her.

"Well, coffee it is then," Sango said, standing.

"Where is there a coffee shop open this late?" Miroku asked, following the girls as they headed towards the hotel next door to the auditorium.

"In the lobby, of course," Sango called over her shoulder.

"Oh, of course," Inu-Yasha mimiced, pitching his voice to match Sango's tone. She merely glared at him over her shoulder, opening the door to the hotel. The six took a corner booth, the only other occupants being the waitstaff and an old man at the counter.

A blonde waitress approached the table, pen and pad in hand. "What can I getchya?" she asked, loudly popping her gum.

"Six coffees," Inu-Yasha ordered.

"And ice waters," Kagome called out to the retreating woman. She returned quickly, distributing their drinks.

"Can I get y'all anything else?" she asked, still popping her gum.

"Not right now," Inu-Yasha replied, after having scanned the faces of the others.

"So, where are you from?" Miroku asked, stirring a creamer into his coffee as the waitress walked away.

"Right here in Tokyo. Tokyo Central High, to be exact," Kagome replied, spooning a few ice cubes into her coffee.

"Oh, so you aren't staying in the hotel then?" Shippo asked, having added half of the sugar packets and three creamers to his coffee, making it light brown.

"Yes, we are. Since it was free with our entrance fee, we figured we might as well take advantage of it," Sango replied, having snuck one of the remaining sugar packets and emptying it into her coffee.

"Plus it cuts down on travel time," Rin said, happily stirring her coffee. She had claimed the rest of the sugar packets and dumped them into her coffee, along with two creamers.

"So, you're all from Kyoto?" Kagome asked, watching Inu-Yasha. He remained silent, studying his black coffee as the ice melted.

"Yeah, good ol' Kyoto Central High," Miroku replied, taking a sip of his coffee. "I won't miss it."

"You graduated?" Sango asked. It was three weeks after school had let out. Miroku nodded in reply.

"So did Sango. I still have another year to go, and Rin has two," Kagome replied, sighing. "You guys are lucky you don't have to go back."

"Really? That means that Rin's in the same grade as me, and Kagome's in the same as Inu-Yasha!" Shippo bounced in his seat. Inu-Yasha cocked an eyebrow when his name was mentioned, but remained silent.

"Why so quiet, Inu-Yasha? Cat got your tongue?" Kagome teased, earning her a scowl from the sullen teenager.

"I was wondering," Sango said, turning to Miroku. "What does your band's name stand for?"

"'H.Y.N.'? 'H' is for hanyou, 'Y' is for youkai, and 'N' is for ningen," Miroku explained.

"But why did you choose that?" Kagome asked, puzzled.

"None of your damn business!" Inu-Yasha snapped, finally recognizing the presence of the others.

"What's wrong with asking a simple question?" Kagome snapped back.

"Not one thing. Doesn't mean I have to answer you, though," Inu-Yasha smirked at her across the table.

"Why you, you, baka!" Kagome spat at him.

"Bitch."

"Jerk."

"Wench."

"Bastard."

"Baka."

"I already said that! Not even creative enough to come up with your own insults, ne?" Kagome countered, the glint of victory in her eye.

"Kagome-chan, you owe me a quarter," Sango said, her eyes laughing.

"Da-darn," Kagome said, fishing a quarter out of her pocket and handed it to Sango. Inu-Yasha smirked at her. "Nani? I'm trying to quit swearing, ok? Got a problem with that?"

"Ie, not at all," he chuckled.

"That's it, let me out! I'm going back to the room!" Kagome fumed, pushing Sango out of the booth.

"Kagome-chan, don't be so temperamental," Sango chided, moving out of the girl's way.

"I'm NOT being temperamental!" Kagome said, slamming down money for her coffee plus tip on the table before turning on her heel and storming out.

"Way to go, Yash. We haven't even been here for twenty-four hours, and you've already chased off a pretty girl," Miroku chastised him.

"Feh, like I care," Inu-Yasha shrugged, drinking his coffee.

"Now see here, you son-of-a-bitch," Sango stood, waving a finger in his face, "Kagome is my friend, and I won't have you being rude to her. Do it again, and you'll have me to deal with." The look on Sango's face told you that, despite her feminine appearance, she was a force to be reckoned with. "Let's go Rin," Sango said, pulling the younger girl from the booth. They calmly placed their money on the table, then headed in the same direction as their friend.

"Make that three pretty girls," Miroku muttered, resting his head in his hands.

"Feh, who needs 'em."

"But they're nice! At least they were, until you opened your big mouth," Shippo piped up, earning himself another bop on the head. He rubbed his abused skull, scowling down at the table.

"Shippo's right, Yash. You really need to learn to be more personable," Miroku chided.

"I'm damn personable, if I say so myself. That bitch just didn't know when to stop asking questions," Inu-Yasha replied, pulling his wallet from his pocket and placing a few bills on the table.

Shippo rolled his eyes, producing his own wallet. "Whatever you say, Inu-Yasha," he said, scooting out of the booth.

Miroku stood, pulling a few bills from his pocket and adding it to the pile. He silently turned and walked out of the restaurant, Shippo behind him.

"What's that supposed to mean?!" Inu-Yasha called, chasing after his friends. "Oi, Miroku, Shippo, matte!" Shippo rolled his eyes at Miroku, who was pushing the call button for the elevator. The doors opened and the two stepped inside, Miroku pushing the button for their floor. Just before the doors closed, a clawed hand shot through the opening, causing the doors to open. Inu-Yasha stepped through, scowling at his friends as the doors closed again.

"Yash, there's no way for the girl to have known when she asked. She was asking what was, in her mind, an innocent question. There would be no way for her to know that you are a hanyou, or that Shippo's a youkai," Miroku reasoned as the elevator ascended.

"Feh," Inu-Yasha replied, crossing his arms over his chest and turning his head away.

"Especially when you always cover your ears and eyes," Shippo piped up, joining Miroku's side. "Your claws just look like long nails, and well, your fangs aren't really that noticeable since you don't smile much, so..." A bell 'dinged', as the doors slid open, signaling the end of the conversation. The three walked silently to their room, waiting for Miroku to figure out how to use the keycard. After five or so tries, they finally gained access. As soon as the door was closed and locked, Inu-Yasha removed his bandana and sunglasses, revealing dog ears atop his head, and golden eyes. He pulled earplugs from the ears, and they twitched slightly in reflex.

"I'm sleepy," Shippo muttered through a yawn, stretching. Inu-Yasha stared at him, amazed. The boy who had bounced giddily all night flopped onto the bed, falling asleep instantly. Miroku shook his head, chuckling to himself as he went into the bathroom. Seconds later, Inu-Yasha heard the shower running. He grabbed a blanket and a pillow, creating a nest for himself on the floor. He had just made himself comfortable, when a loud thud against the wall made him jump. He looked up to Shippo, still sound asleep.

"Now what?" Inu-Yasha muttered to himself, hearing shouting on the other side of the wall. "Damn over-sensitive hearing, I'll never get any sleep with this noise." He stalked to the door, unlocking it, and walked next door, pounding on it with a closed fist. The racket inside calmed suddenly, and the door was jerked open.

"Nani?!" the girl yelled, her eyes angry.

"You! I should've known," Inu-Yasha stared into brown eyes. Kagome's face fell from her angered expression, her mouth forming an 'o' of surprise.

"Inu, Inu-Yasha?" someone behind her gasped. He looked up to see Sango and Rin staring at him, eyes wide.

"Hai, it's me! Why are you all looking at me like that?!" Just then he realized he hadn't replaced his bandana or his sunglasses before leaving his room. He gulped, trying to force down the knot that had formed in his throat.

~*A/N: Muahahahaha... *evil laugh* Gomen for the cliffy, but I had to keep you interested, ne? Now, like Shippo, I'm getting sleepy. Four in the morning. Hmm... I've really gotta start developing healthier sleep habits. *shrugs* Oh, well. Ja ne, minna!*~