InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Oh, No! Not Another AU?! ❯ Dance All Night! ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Edited 7/28/04

~*A/N: My arm is starting to hurt from all this typing. I'm gonna get carpal tunnel, I just know it. But it's well worth it for my dear, sweet readers! *hint, hint* (Review! tehe) Onward! Enjoy!*~

DISCLAIMER: <insert witty disclaimer here>

Chapter Nine: Dance All Night!

The six teens sat at a table together again, eating their dinners in comfortable silence. Speakers again crackled to life, the announcer's voice booming over the din of conversation in the ballroom. "Attention, minna! In celebration for all of you who are still here, we've hired a dj for tonight's entertainment! There will be a dance in the auditorium following dinner. Refreshments are courtesy of the hotel. Hope to see you all there!" A faint static sound followed, then snapped back to silence.

"A dance, huh?" Miroku queried, raising an eyebrow in amusement.

"Great, a bunch of teeny-boppers dancing to top 20 hits. Just how I wanted to spend my night," Kagome said, pushing green beans around her plate with her fork.

"You got a better idea?" Inu-Yasha challenged.

Kagome fidgeted, suddenly put on the spot. "We-well... i-ie... not really," she stuttered.

Inu-Yasha smirked in victory, "I didn't think so." 'Not that I really wanna go, either, but it's better than sitting in the hotel room playing cards,' he thought, shrugging to himself.

"It might be amusing," Miroku added. "If it sucks we can always find something to entertain ourselves with," he suggested, waggling an eyebrow at Sango suggestively.

"Whatever," Sango muttered, turning her attention back to the food on her plate.

"It'll be fun!" Shippo bounced. "I'll bring a cd or two, and request that they play at least a few good songs."

"Good idea, Shippo," Rin beamed at him, gaining a smile from him in reply.

Twenty minutes later found them standing around, along with a crowd of over a hundred other teenagers. "Welcome, minna! Requests are always accepted! Have a good time, but don't wear yourselves out! We don't want you too tired to perform tomorrow!" the announcer spoke into the mic.

"He must have had his grande latte enema today," Inu-Yasha commented, earning a few giggles from the others.

Music blasted out of the speakers, the crowd wiggling and dancing to the pop music. Sango made a face of revulsion, while Kagome made gagging motions. Uninspired by the music, they approached the refreshment table to get some punch. "Back in a flash!" Shippo flashed them a smile, disappearing into the crowd. A few horrendous pop songs later, he reappeared, a satisfied grin plastered across his face.

"Where'd you go?" Rin asked, her head tilted to the side.

"Nowhere," he replied, taking her hand and pulling her into the crowd to dance.

"How can he dance to this crap?" Inu-Yasha asked, watching his friend.

"I always wondered the same about Rin," Kagome commented, sipping her punch.

The song ended, and Shippo led Rin back to them by the hand. Strong guitar chords poured out of the speakers. Sango stopped her conversation with Miroku mid-sentence, turning to lock eyes with Kagome and Rin, who's eyes were as big as hers. "Can't be," Kagome said.

"Who would've...?" Sango questioned. They turned to Shippo as the pace of the music picked up, drums and bass joining the guitar. Shippo grinned at them, his hands in his pockets, rocking back and forth on his heels as a female voice sang lyrics from the speakers.

"Woke up this morning and I looked outside
Just an average day, with no big surprise
Picked up the paper and I read the front page
And what it said just blew me away
At the top of the page, and printed in red
Caught my eye, and this what it said
'Something is wrong in the world today'"

The three girls squealed, dancing and singing along as the chorus started.

"Out on the dancefloor, everything's gonna be allright
Out on the dancefloor, dance hall, dance hall crash tonight!"

By then the whole crowd had caught the excitement of the beat, and the second time the chorus came around, the whole mass of dancing people joined in shouting on the words. Miroku and Inu-Yasha looked from Shippo's proud smile to the three girls. As they were dancing, Kagome and Sango started playing air guitar, Rin beating on an invisible set of drums. Inu-Yasha had to stifle a laugh when Kagome shot a fist into the air, shouting "Dance all night!" in time to the music. When the song ended, the three girls wrapped their arms around each other, smiling.

"Shippo, have I ever told you how awesome you are?" Kagome said, approaching him and throwing an arm around his shoulder.

'There's that jealous feeling again,' Inu-Yasha thought, identifying the acidic sensation in his gut.

Kouga strolled up, a familiar hungry grin on his face. He leant down and whispered in Kagome's ear, intensifying Inu-Yasha's acidic stomach. He bared his fangs, his growling drowned out by the music. The song now coming from the speakers was an R&B tune, akin to that Kouga had sung the night before. Kagome nodded and smiled, Kouga taking her hand and leading her away to dance. Inu-Yasha glared from behind his sunglasses as Kouga wrapped his arms around Kagome, rubbing up against her as his lips mouthed out lyrics. Inu-Yasha's forward movement was halted when Kagome blushed and loosened Kouga's grip around her.

"Don't worry, Yash, the next song is for you," Shippo spoke into his ear, winking when the hanyou turned to him. Inu-Yasha arched an eyebrow in question at the youkai as the song wound to a close. The slow beat that quietly came from the speakers made Inu-Yasha grin in understanding. He walked up to Kagome, taking her arm and spinning her towards him as the nasal voice of a certain white American rapper rang through the room. Inu-Yasha saw Kouga glaring at him over Kagome's head before turning his attention back to the smiling girl, rapping along as the lyrics began.

"Till I collapse I'm spillin these raps long as you feel 'em,
till the day, that I drop you'll never say that I'm not killin 'em
Cuz when I am not, then I'ma stop pennin 'em
and I am not hip-hop and I'm just not Eminem."

Kagome turned her head up, wrapping an arm around his neck as he pulled her closer. He lost himself for awhile in the feeling of her body pressed against hers, both swaying to the beat clapped out of the speakers. He was completely clueless to the crowd around them clapping along, also swaying to the beat. He sang along when the chorus reached his ears, and noticed Kagome singing along as well.

"Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out,
till my legs give out, can't shut my mouth
Till the smoke clears out and my high burns out,
I'ma rip this shit till my bones collapse."

Inu-Yasha looked up to see Miroku and Sango in a similar position, Shippo and Rin gesturing like thugs as they rapped along nearby. He let out a laugh when Shippo flashed "west-side", a very Tupac-like pout on his face. His sudden outburst had Kagome turning to look. She turned back to him, her eyes shining with laughter. 'Chikushou,' Inu-Yasha thought, leaning down and claiming her lips in a chaste kiss. He pulled away, conscience nagging at the back of his mind that he had just done a very stupid thing, when he saw her smile. Conscience was shoved back in its box, and he was tempted to do it again. Instead, he smiled back, a very rare occurrence, and reveled in the feeling of having her in his arms.

"Music is like magic, there's a certain feelin you get
When you real and spit, people are feelin your shit
This is your moment, and every single minute you get you spin
Cuz you may never get it again"

Miroku had pulled Sango close to him, swaying his hips to the beat. She blushed slightly, venturing a grind against his hips. He almost moaned with the sensation sent through his body by that simple movement. His palms burned to touch her body, but he resisted, not wanting to ruin things now that he had gotten this far. He looked deep into her magenta-lined brown eyes, seeing them glisten in challenge. 'Kami-sama, if she slaps me now...' he never finished the thought, gently brushing a kiss across her lips. She smiled up at him.

"Until the roof, the roof comes off
Until my legs, give out from underneath me,
I, I will not fall, I will stand tall,
Feels like no one can beat me."

The nasal voice gave way to another pop song, and Inu-Yasha reluctantly released the girl in his arms when she removed her arm from around his neck. Miroku caught his eye, a knowing smile on his face. Inu-Yasha just smirked in return. 'This does definitely NOT suck,' he told himself, following Kagome back to the refreshment table.

The rest of the evening was rather uneventful, with the exception of when a group of rabid fangirls spotted Inu-Yasha. Some fainted, the rest clawing and shoving each other out of the way to reach him. He ran and hid in the bathroom while his friends restrained the screaming girls. Twenty minutes later, Miroku came to tell him his groupies had finally given up and left. After three hours of dancing, the crowd grew exhausted. Many had left, and few of those remaining were still dancing. Shippo and Rin were currently swaying slowly to the rhythm of a slow song, something Inu-Yasha recognized from the eighties era. As the song ended, lights started to flicker on, and the announcer once again took the mic. "Arigatou, minna! It's been fun, but musicians need their rest! Konban wa!" Rin and Shippo approached their friends. The music had stopped, and onstage the dj was packing up his equipment.

"Oh! Be right back!" Shippo said, before turning and running onstage. He returned a minute later, cd cases in hand.

"Sneaky little bastard," Miroku said good-naturedly, wrapping an arm around the younger boy's shoulders and rubbing his knuckles over his head gently.

"Cut it out, Miroku!" Shippo said, freeing himself. They walked silently back to the hotel, too tired to start a conversation. In the elevator, Kagome leaned against the wall, closing her eyes. Inu-Yasha checked to make sure no one was looking, then closed his hand over hers. Her eyes opened, connecting with his. The doors opened, and they all stepped out. Kagome and Inu-Yasha fell behind the others, still holding hands. They reached their respective doors, the couple lingering behind. After the others had entered their rooms, Inu-Yasha pulled Kagome to him.

"See you in the morning," she muttered, reaching up to remove his sunglasses.

"I'll look forward to it," he replied, gold locking with brown before he claimed her lips in a good-night kiss. Their gaze lingered until they walked through their respective doors, the wall severing the tie.

Kagome closed the door and locked it, leaning back. A hand went to her grinning lips.

On the other side of the wall, Inu-Yasha also closed and locked his door, leaning against it. Sharp fangs appeared between smiling lips.

~*A/N: Aww... there's some nice, mushy fluff for you. I feel dirty just having written it. "Must get clean..." tehe. Hope you're all happy, my arm hurts like hell. *wanders off to find some icy-hot* Ja ne, minna!*~