InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ On a Leash ❯ Last Minute Details ( Chapter 32 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: Chapter Thirty-Two...what a rush! Still not done, but getting there! There really isn't much more to say, except some of you misinterpreted Inuyasha's last line to Kagome. But, I'll probably clear that up later.

Don't forget to check out the collection of one-shots and drabbles for "On a Leash" titled "On a Leash: Emancipated."

 

Chapter Thirty-Two: Last Minute Details

 

         &nb sp;  Kagome and Inuyasha hastened out of her bedroom. They sprinted the entire way to the sewing room, numerous worries flashing through their minds. Inuyasha pushed the door open with a bang and entered, Kagome's hand gripped tightly in his.

         &nb sp;  Nothing was there but a small whirlwind of papers in the center of the room, blowing about because of the opened window. Inuyasha released his fiancée's hand in favor of rushing to the window, in hopes of catching the fleeing figure of whoever had been in there. He snorted once, before breathing in a very curious scent of perfume.

         &nb sp;  His eyes scrunched up slightly as he tried to match the familiarly annoying scent, when a gasp reached his ears. "What is it, Kagome?"

         &nb sp;  Kneeling beside her pale pink gown, which had fallen on its side-the metal mannequin beneath it was what had most probably made the crash-, she spared a heartbroken glance at her fiancé. "M-my gown...someone put a huge slash in it..."

         &nb sp;  "What...?" Inuyasha padded over to her and upon sinking to his haunches, he saw long, jagged cut in the voluminous skirt. He growled slightly. "Who the hell did this...?" His gaze was attracted upwards where a slip of paper was attached via a safety pin to the bosom of the gown.

 

Inu-chan,

         &nb sp;  This is because of that stupid woman got to cut your wonderful hair; but don't worry, sweetums-I'm not mad. We can always make it up later. I couldn't touch your tux because I know you'd look too delicious in it.

 

Love always,

-Jakotsu

 

         &nb sp;  Inuyasha stared at the note with a mixture of disgust and total aggravation. He glared at the little chibi-people Jakotsu had doodled along the edge before crushing it into a ball and tossing it over his shoulder. He glanced back to Kagome; she looked like she was on the brink of crying.

         &nb sp;  Doing the only thing he could think of, he dropped to his knees, leaned over, and embraced the distraught girl for the second time that night. "Calm down, Kagome, it's just a dress."

         &nb sp;  "But, Mia worked so hard on it for me," she protested, voice cracking. "Mia's my friend, and it's not fair-I feel bad that this happened-"

         &nb sp;  "It's not your fault though. Kagome, this could have been worse-Jakotsu could have gone after you!" His exclamation seemed to catch her off-guard as her choked-breaths subsided. "Kagome," he drew her close, "I meant what I said. I want you...you know...to be with me-to stay by my side. You're all I want because you're all that matters, Kagome."

         &nb sp;  "How touching."

         &nb sp;  Inuyasha's head snapped to the doorway where Sesshoumaru stood. "Keh." He nodded towards the fallen ball gown while standing, Kagome rising with him. "That campy hairdresser you called in did that to Kagome's gown."

         &nb sp;  Sesshoumaru's eyes briefly glimmered the faintest trace of fatigue as he scanned the damage done. "Hmph. It made quite a clatter." He snapped his fingers and Jaken, who must have been waiting for his cue, skid into the room with a flip-phone in hand. "Jaken," he addressed the toad demon without a glance, "dial up the seamstress woman."

         &nb sp;  Jaken nodded quickly. "Yes, Master Sesshoumaru." The company lapsed into silence as the toad waited for Mia to answer. "Madam, Master Sesshoumaru demands your presence here at the estate immediately! Do not be late!" With a harrumph, he slapped the phone closed. "She said she would arrive within the next thirty minutes, impudent woman."

         &nb sp;  "Shut the hell up, Jaken," snapped Inuyasha with a slight sigh as he pinched the bridge of his nose. His brother's servant made another sound of disdain before mooching out of the room with the incentive to be at the front door when Mia arrived.

         &nb sp;  The half hour passed languidly. Inuyasha set the gown upright again, and Kagome continued to pick listlessly at the rented fabric. Sesshoumaru waited with them, tight-lipped as usual; occasionally, he would glance at the analog watch upon his wrist-he was still clad in his business casual clothes.

         &nb sp;  Eventually, quiet footfalls lead up to the slightly ajar door where Mia stepped in. She looked quite different from all the other times Kagome and Inuyasha seen her; her long dark brown hair free from its normal upsweep and fell in waves just past her shoulders with slight ringlets framing her face. Her lithe form was clothed in a pair of thin, black pajama bottoms and an equally lightweight pink tee-shirt. The only things that remained the same were the pair of light blue slippers on her feet and the black bag that she carried her sewing supplies in.

         &nb sp;  Sesshoumaru watched her dryly as Kagome softly apologized once or twice to the young woman. Waiting until she was in his direct line of sight, Sesshoumaru sneered, "You're five minutes late." Mia speared him a weary glance without breaking stride, and Sesshoumaru narrowed a glare at her.

         &nb sp;  "Shove it, Fluffy."

         &nb sp;  Inuyasha snickered as Mia hunkered down to inspect the damage of her precious gown.

         &nb sp;  "How bad is it?" asked Kagome, coming up beside the seamstress.

         &nb sp;  Mia shook her head, running a hand once through her hair. "Not that bad, actually, I should-"

         &nb sp;  The door slammed open again as a pair of sneakers squawked over the marble. "Sesshoumaru!" a male voice snarled. The entire company, with the exception of Sesshoumaru himself, turned their heads towards the newest arrival.

         &nb sp;  Jaken slipped into the room, seemingly out of breath. "I tried to stop him, my lord, but he just kept going!"

         &nb sp;  "Shut up, you!" the seemingly human man snapped, blue eyes flickering to a dark sapphire.

Kagome rather blushed at the young man's state of dress-a simple pair of black cloth jogging pants and an A-shirt that stretched somewhat over his lean torso. Glimpsing at Mia, she noticed the young seamstress's eyes grow wide and her face pale a little. 

"Sesshoumaru," he called again, striding a few paces into the sewing room, "how dare you call my wife at two in fucking morning?! It's way too early for her to be up! She's expecting a pup, you insufferable prick!"

Kagome blinked as the youki around the man crackled violently. His wife... She glanced to Mia again. Mia...? Then that must be Sage...

Sesshoumaru matched gazes with Sage for a moment before gliding passed him. "Your wife agreed to be on call as long as I employed her services. You have no room to complain."

Sage growled in the other demon's wake. "Lousy bastard..." he spat as the door clicked shut.

"Geez, don't you sound mature?" scoffed Inuyasha from his reclining spot against the wall. He turned his weight back onto his feet. "You sound like a whining whelp."

"Shut up, pup! You're not even old enough to chew on a milk bone compared to me."

"Pup?! What do you mean by that?!"

"Exactly what I said, you bitchy pup!"

"Keh! Like you know anything!"

"Like hell I do!"

Kagome sighed, suddenly realizing how large the sewing room actually was-it was managing to contain the two massive egos of the two dog hanyous for starters...

The pair was now having an insult war, intermittent with growls and barks, and Sage's human ears had begun to trek up his shaggy blond head.

"S-Sage, please..." softly requested Mia, raising a hand towards him as he and Inuyasha continued to bicker. She looked nervously between the two, her normally relaxed visage growing more troubled.

"What else do you have to say, huh?" Sage growled at Inuyasha. He leaned towards his opponent, top lip raised to reveal his canine teeth as he flexed his clawed hands, quite ready to go claw-to-claw.

Sage and Inuyasha had just about come nose-to-nose when a loud cry broke into the thrumming air.

Before Inuyasha even had the chance to blink, Sage had rushed over to crouch where Mia was sitting on her rump crying. "Mia...what's wrong?" he questioned gently, taking her into his arms and rocking her back and forth. His earlier quarrel with Inuyasha seemed to have fled from his mind.

"Y-your f-fighting upset me," she sniffled into her husband's shoulder. "It upset the baby..."

Inuyasha finally blinked.

Sage made soft shushing noises as he laid his cheek upon his mate's head and kissed her hair. "I'm sorry, honey. Are you and the pup all right?"

Mia nodded into his shoulder, still crying.

Inuyasha looked to Kagome helplessly who simply smiled at him.

Sage's ears stood canine-like atop his head, but were gradually retreating to their former position. He glanced at the younger couple before saying apologetically, "She's normally not like this..."

Mia gave another loud wail. "You make it sound like I have a disease rather than being pregnant!"

"M-Mia..!" stuttered the fair-haired half-demon. "That's not what I meant, and you know it."

"You're so mean!" She smacked a fist against his chest and Sage simply sighed inaudibly. One, he knew she didn't mean it; and two, it really didn't hurt.

Oh, ow... "Yes, little Mia, I know."

She sniffled again before raising her tear-streaked face up to gaze into his eyes. Her bottom lip trembled. "I-I'm so sorry, Sage. I didn't mean to hit you. Do you forgive me?"

He nodded with a smile. "Of course, love."

Mia smiled back. "My hormones are so messed up."

"I know..."

Kagome hesitantly approached the seamstress. "Are you ok, Mia?" 

She smiled, moving away from her husband. "I'm fine now, Kagome. I'm really not like that. It's just...with the pup and all...." Sage also beamed at Kagome, showing his obvious pleasure on his wife's switch from saying 'baby' to 'pup'. Wiping her eyes with Sage's A-shirt-to which he rolled his eyes with a chuckle-Mia snatched her sewing bag, and began to assess the damage.

Sage stood up and sat on the cushioned podium, resting his weight rearwards onto his arms. He looked quite relaxed, but it was obvious from his keen gaze that he was keeping vigil over his wife.

Not knowing what else to do, as Inuyasha was quietly observing the couple through his half-lidded eyes, Kagome went over to Sage. "So...you're Mia's husband?"

He looked at her and nodded. "Yeah. You must be, Kagome, right? Mia's mentioned you."

"All nice things, I assure you," Mia's voice laughed from the other side of the billowing skirt.

Kagome blinked in surprise. "Really?"

"Yeah. And she's mentioned that pain-in-the-ass you're engaged to." Sage snorted simultaneously with Inuyasha. He gently plucked at the tear-soaked spots on his shirt. His expression softened greatly.

"You're really protective of Mia, aren't you?"

"Well, yeah. Isn't it obvious? It's in a dog demon's nature to be protective of his mate or significant other." He shrugged before turning a charismatic grin to the teenage girl. "It's just a fact of nature. And besides, I'm crazy about my Mia. Mia mia Mia."

"You do realize," said Inuyasha, "that you said her name three times."

Sage tsked, waggling a finger to and fro while Kagome looked on in interest. "I said 'my beloved Mia.' It just always sounds the same."

Mia's distinct giggling could be heard, followed by, "Hey, Sage, could you come here and hold this section for me? I think I can repair this and still make it look as sophisticated as Fluffy-kins asked."

"Of course, my princess," he drawled sarcastically, sliding off the podium and padding towards her.

"Haha-now, come on, dog boy."

Sage waved a hand as he hunkered down beside her and inevitably disappeared from view.

Kagome took Sage's spot, listening to the pair playfully banter. Will Inuyasha and I be like that when we get married? she wondered. She felt a hand rest on her shoulder.

"Kagome," murmured Inuyasha, "it's probably around three in the morning. I have to agree with that shit-for-brains," a snort could be heard, "that Mia should probably get some rest. It could be bad for their pup if she doesn't get enough sleep.  She and him can have my room."

Mia's head popped around the billowing skirt. "That's very kind of you, Inuyasha, but where will you sleep?"

He shrugged. "Probably in Kagome's room or somethin'."

Kagome flushed. She probably thinks the worst...

"Well...sounds harmless to me." Mia gave a thumb's up before disappearing again. "We'll go to bed in a minute then and I'll finish tomorrow. I need to pick up my stuff first--!"

Sage stood up, Mia cradled in his arms. "Where's your room, Inuyasha?"

"Down the hall. Door should be open. You can't miss it."

"Ok, thanks. Come on, Mia," Sage said cheerfully, exiting the sewing room. "You need some sleep...that asshole interrupted some quality cuddlin' time."

Inuyasha shook his head. "Could they be any sappier?"

With a roll of her eyes, Kagome grabbed Inuyasha's sleeve. "We should be heading off, too."

"Yeah, yeah."

The pair made it back to Kagome's bedroom. The girl climbed into bed, while the hanyou went over and closed the still-open veranda doors; then he came to sit with his back against his fiancée's bedside and face the window.

"Inuyasha, do you want to sleep in here, too?" she asked rather shyly.

He turned his head and he replied, "Nah, I'm going to keep an eye out in case Jakotsu decides to show up again."

Kagome chewed her bottom lip as he looked away again. That wasn't what she wanted to ask. Do you love me, Inuyasha...? That's what she wanted to know. Is that why you kissed me...?

"Oi, Kagome."

She shifted slightly at the sound of his low voice. "Yeah?"

"Do you know what a kiss on the lips means?"

"Huh?" She blinked. "Why?"

"Never mind," he said shortly. "It's nothing."

Kagome felt warmth touch her cheeks. Inuyasha... Placing a hand to her lips, she closed her eyes and started to drift off to sleep. "Inuyasha," she sighed groggily.

"What?"

"...I think we left that other window open..."

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------- -----------------------------------------------------------

 

Sango sighed as she held her hairbrush in her mouth and used her now-free hands to tease her chestnut hair into a high ponytail in front of the hall mirror.

Her watch beeped once, signaling it was eight o'clock-time to wake up the betrothed pair. She thought of turning back to her room to put her brush away, but decided it might be better to keep it with her in case she needed to use something to whap Inuyasha with when she woke him up.

She started down the hallway, only to be hailed by a cheerful, "Good morning, Sango!"

Sango stopped short when she spotted the beaming Miroku jogging towards her. "Oh, you, too, Miroku..." she began as he drew near, but her voice left her as she felt something on her posterior.

Perhaps it was for the best the hairbrush was still out...

A few whacks on the noggin later, Miroku smiled apologetically to Sango as they trekked to Inuyasha's room. "I was simply beyond words-there was nothing that could fully encompass my pleasure to see you."

Releasing a tight sigh, she mumbled, "Miroku, that's how you always greet me."

"I am a creature of habit."

"Habitually a pervert."

Miroku placed a hand over his heart, now in stride with her. "You wound me, lovely Sango."

"Sure I do," she drawled before changing the subject, as was common practice for them. "Besides your obvious character flaws, where did you disappear to Miroku?"

"Ah-so you noticed I was away. Well, Sesshoumaru sent me off to accompany Kagura at her art expo in France." He watched as she nodded while approaching Inuyasha's doorway.

Sango rapped on the door three times before gently pushing it open. "Inuyasha, time to get up-" she began before quietly cutting herself off.

"What is it?" inquired the young monk, pressing into the room. He smiled lopsidedly at the sight of the seamstress and her husband curled up together in the middle of their hanyou friend's bed, her head tucked beneath her husband's chin and the rest of her flush against him. He loitered for a moment before following Sango's example and respectfully exiting the bedchamber. "They both looked rather tired," he commented, the expression fixed on his face.

"Inuyasha's right-you are a lecher."

Miroku smiled at her again. "You are the one whose mind jumped to that conclusion."

Sango snorted and strode faster ahead of him, while he chuckled at ruffling her feathers. "We should try Kagome's room. After last night, I wouldn't doubt if Inuyasha was keeping her company."

"Ah, yes. Sesshoumaru called Kagura and me during our return flight this morning and told us what happened. At least no one was injured."

"Yeah, that's true. It's just that repairing the dress is going to put some pressure before the ball tonight." Sango sighed and shook her head. "And Inuyasha still refuses to cooperate with me. His table manners are so-so, and he refuses to behave. I know he knows how to be polite-he's just being a stubborn mule."

"Mm...yes, that is in Inuyasha's nature. And you are correct about the ball, only you have forgotten a minor detail." His violet eyes twinkled.

"And what's that?"

         &nb sp;  "You are going with me, Sango."

         &nb sp;  "Ugh," she leaned on the doorframe of Kagome's door, "it's too early to think about that, Miroku. But..." she looked shyly to him, "I am glad you are taking me...even if you had to employ Kagome's match-making services."

         &nb sp;  He smiled. "While Kagura and I stopped in Lourdes, I found this quant little jewelry store. I stopped in and found something absolutely exquisite, and with my superior bargaining skills, I picked up this little trinket." Miroku reached into his pocket and withdrew a silver necklace. He undid the clip and looked to Sango. He held it open. "May I?"

         &nb sp;  She nodded, asking, "F-for me?" She stepped away from the doorframe.

         &nb sp;  Miroku chuckled as he went behind her. "And who else would be lovely enough to wear this?" He moved the chain to Sango's throat and, pushing her swinging ponytail aside with his forearm, clipped the chain behind her neck.

         &nb sp;  Dumbly, Sango raised a hand to the fine links. She felt Miroku slide something along the chain to the front. A small piece of coral re-shaped into a tear drop hung just over her collarbone. Sango was surprised; Miroku had gotten her namesake.

         &nb sp;  She stood motionless, trying to get her bearings. A pair of arms encircled her shoulders from behind. It was then that Sango realized Miroku was still there. "What is it?" she asked, her voice a whisper.

         &nb sp;  A soft chuckle escaped his lips, teasing at the tendrils of hair behind her ear. "Nothing, Sango. I have been so busy, and I really haven't pursued our relationship very much have I?" Sango's face flared at the word 'relationship.' "I wanted to show you I really do care about you, all perverted humor aside. I've been gone a lot as of late, and when I was with Kagura, I kept thinking of you, Sango."

         &nb sp;  She bowed her head slightly. Closing her eyes, she murmured, "Thank you, Miroku." Sango turned around and gingerly wrapped her arms around his torso. "I missed you too."

         &nb sp;  Miroku was mildly taken aback by the girl's action. She was very conservative by nature, but, as he gave her a squeeze, he knew what he had told her was the absolute truth. This time, the notion to rub his palm over the curve her backside didn't cross his mind.

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------- -----------------------------------------------------------

 

         &nb sp;  Kagome and Inuyasha woke up naturally at around nine o'clock. "I wonder where Sango is," Kagome wondered aloud between yawns. "She said she was going to wake me up this morning."

         &nb sp;  Inuyasha shrugged as he got up, popping his left shoulder. "Who cares? I'm hungry."

         &nb sp;  "Me too."

         &nb sp;  So, with that notion, the pair headed down to the kitchen. The entire villa was filled with motion and sound as people bustled to destinations unknown to the couple. When the kitchen staff saw them, they hastened Inuyasha and Kagome to the breakfast nook, and promptly brought out eggs, muffins, and sausages. Glasses of milk and orange juice were poured and set before them.

         &nb sp;  Neither spoke very much, as the staff bade them to hurry and ready for the day; they were running behind schedule already. The cook was clapping her hands loudly while she called out directives to her underlings.

Blearily, the fiancées rose from the table about ten minutes later, having eaten their fill-or at least what the butler believed was enough. "My apologies, Master Inuyasha, Mistress Kagome, but we need to prepare the kitchen for extra chefs for tonight's dinner. You should probably bathe and report downstairs for your etiquette lessons."

Inuyasha grumbled. "We still have to take lessons, even though today's the actual ball?"

"Yes, Master."

"What the hell for?"

The butler winced. "Your elder brother, Master Sesshoumaru, believes that there may be a way yet to instill upon you the...finer point of etiquette, Master Inuyasha."

 "This is really taking high priority on Sesshoumaru's list, isn't it?" asked Kagome in amazement as three men hauled in a large sack of flour into the swinging double doors of the kitchen.

"Of course it is," responded her fiancé. "Naraku's involved."

The butler bowed slightly. "This way to your baths, please. Your day attire has already been selected and laid out."

Without much protest from either, with the exception of Inuyasha's mumble of how his clothes had better be normal, they exited the nook. As they headed to the first floor bathroom-Inuyasha was just a teensy bit wary after the Jakotsu incident, not that he'd admit it-they bumped into Sage and Mia.

"Good morning, Kagome!" Sage greeted cheerfully with a friendly wave of his hand, the other holding his wife's. He looked to Inuyasha and shrugged noncommittally. "You, too, pup."

Inuyasha growled. "I'll forgive that for now, ass-biter."

Sage rolled his eyes. "I don't have fleas. But apparently your retainer is, hmm? Ouch!" He rubbed the side where his wife's elbow had jabbed in between his ribs. "That actually hurt that time, Mia."

Mia narrowed her brown eyes at him, saying with a saccharinely sweet tone, "I know, honey. Anyway," she turned her attention, far more pleasant, to the younger pair, "Sage and I will be taking off for a little bit. We both need to change, I need to pick up some extra material just in case something else happens, and Sage needs to go a couple of classes."

"Oh, ok," replied Kagome.

"Be back soon." With a bright smile, Mia led her husband down the hallway, as he started to interrogate her about how she was feeling.

The butler soon turned them towards the bathroom again and ushered the pair in. Kagome was sent to the left while Inuyasha went to the right for their respective bathing areas. One wouldn't call the soak much of a relaxing venture. Rather it was a harried event with several of the servants attacking their hair and bodies.

Kagome could hear Inuyasha's aggravated yelling from her large tub. While she could sympathize, she was a little too busy worrying about not drowning in the frothiness of her bathwater as several ladies all pounced on her hair and arms at once.

In and out in about five minutes, Inuyasha and Kagome could only stare at each other, making some sort of unspoken truce: never go near the first floor bathroom. It just wasn't safe.

Clad in fluffy, white bathrobes, they went to their respective rooms and dressed in their predetermined clothes. Coming back down, a rather jubilant Miroku greeted them; however, over the next hour or so, his optimism died a little as Inuyasha continually fought with him over proper table manners.

The once beautiful table in the private dining hall was now a mess. The cranberry juice they had been using in place of wine had spilt on the, thankfully stain-protected, tablecloth and a few of the place settings were disorganized. Of course, that wasn't as bad as the centerpiece-a wreath of flowers-ended up suspended from the chandelier. 

Miroku took a deep breath and sighed. I am Buddhist...we care for all creatures... We do not hurt the stupid ones...even if they deserve it....

Kagome shook her head, folding her napkin in her lap. "Inuyasha, will you just work with Miroku a little bit? The ball's tonight and you're acting like a kid." She frowned.

Inuyasha snorted and crossed his arms. "I am not. I just think this whole thing is lying and that's total bullshit--"

"Manners at the table, Inuyasha," hissed Miroku.

"-and even if it will show Naraku, I don't see why I have to sink to that bastard's level."

"Somehow," sighed the monk, pouring himself a glass of cranberry juice, "I think Naraku would be the one sinking at this point. " Miroku tipped the glass's entire contents down his throat.

Smacking his lips, he suddenly wished it was wine; maybe that way he could dull the pain of approaching doom. It'd be inevitable that Sesshoumaru would make him 'mysteriously vanish without a trace' if this ball was botched because of Inuyasha. Miroku sighed.

Why did the stubborn hanyou have to be his responsibility?

Miroku was nowhere near ready to die yet. He had plans, hopes, dreams-hell, he was still attracting the ladies! Well, if Sesshoumaru did off him, at least he'd be remembered in his prime.

"Hey, all! How's it going!"

Kagome smiled, waving her hand at the seamstress loitering in the doorway. "Well, it could be a lot worse."

Mia shook her head, a hand resting on her abdomen. "Speaking of things that could be worse, I finished patching up your dress, Kagome. Since it's just the skirt, I don't think I'll need you to try it on. I used some ribbon and...well, I'll let you be surprised. You'll like the change."

"At least there is some productive change going on," Miroku sighed for the hundredth time. He plopped into a chair. "I think I'm going to need therapy after all this is said and done."

"What'll ya need therapy for?" inquired Inuyasha as he popped an entire petit fore into his mouth.

"So I won't end up killing you to make myself feel better...."

"Oh, yes, I almost forgot!" Mia took a few steps into the room before leaning up against the wall. "Sesshoumaru saw how...downhill your little training session was going."

Miroku visibly paled. "O-oh?" He managed a weak smile. There went any big, fat bonuses he was going to get...

"I don't think he's angry though. I think he found it rather humorous." She smiled at Miroku's murderous gaze. "In any case, he had me find another person who would be...suitable to teach someone as...ah...politely challenged as Inuyasha."

Inuyasha snorted loudly, causing everyone to look at him. "And who exactly did you and Sesshoumaru employ?"

Mia smiled saccharinely sweet-Inuyasha swallowed; this couldn't be good. "Someone as equally stubborn as you. My husband."

Inuyasha sat dumbfounded for a moment before uttering one choked word: "Fuck."

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------- -----------------------------------------------------------

 

A/N: I know. But hey, it wasn't a cliffhanger this time, was it? Ok, semi, maybe. In any case, this story should be coming to a close with...oh...maybe six chapters more? I'm guessing, obviously. There's now a one-shot collection for OaL now called "On a Leash: Emancipated" that has the behind-the-scenes-look to some of the workings in OaL. Finals are in two weeks so if I don't write a lot, well, you know why. Hoped you guys liked Sage, haha. You'll see more of him later.

 

Moonlight Shadow

 

 

 

 

         &nb sp; 

           &nbs p;            & nbsp;           &nbs p;            & nbsp;