InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ On the Wild Side: Smutletts ❯ Prologue ( Prologue )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

 
A/N: Well, I started writing comedy smut with “Hanyou Fantasies” and then went into little one-shots with “Some Good Shit: Smutletts”- cuz I get horny a lot (admit it, so do you). Thanks to everyone who's read, reviewed and helped me get awards for both of those. Somewhere in the middle of responding to smutlett requests, an edgier characterization began to develop for both Inuyasha and Kagome, particularly in “Head Games” and “Redux.” With “Full Moon - Payback I've realized that I want to explore those edgier characterizations so I'm splitting the smutletts into two. “Some Good Shit” will continue to provide hot sex with a dash of romance and comedy (including periodic appearances by Inu's dick). Meanwhile this collection, “On the Wild Side” will allow me to play with issues of sexual control and power issues as well as explore some darker themes. WARNING: I only write lemons. Hot ones. With “On The Wild Side” I am consciously exploring territory that squicks me and a lot of my readers. I'm looking for the knife's edge between desire/trust/lust and fear/rape/dominance - and possibly even fetishes like voyeurism, multiple partners etc… (dunno yet…) so I fully expect to cross some lines into territory some find offensive or `over the line.' I'm looking for the edge, not the dark side, but it doesn't mean that my edge is going to be the same as all my readers. So go in with eyes open and don't get pissed at me if it turns out that I either went farther than you were comfortable with or didn't go far enough (oh yes, there will be limits!). If you like my stuff but don't want to walk the edge, knowing that slips can cut, I promise to keep “Some Good Shit” and other stuff I write light, fun and hot. Come play with me over there - we'll still have a good time. Also, I'm pretty sure that these characterizations of both Kagome and Inuyasha have diverged enough from the canon personalities that I'll piss people off that way too. Too bad. This is about smut, not canon. As I always have, I will prepublish drafts on my Live Journal web site and take feedback there before publishing publicly. I'm genuinely interested in people's response to where these lines are because it helps me explore them myself, and I appreciate that some folks will take the time to read and reread my stuff to give me their insights. For those of you still around at this point, let's get to the good stuff. I wrote this prologue to `set up' this collection of smutletts (no, still no plot, don't look for one). I may very well come back to rewrite it later… Oh yeah - Disclaimer - all these character belong to Rumiko Takahashi, not me. Don't sue my ass.
 
 
On The Wild Side: Smutletts
 
Prologue
 
The night was pitch black with the absence of the moon. The hut was musty and stale. I was alone and scared. Clenching my weak human nails into my weaker human flesh, I was intensely aware of the fact that my heart beat nervously in my chest and that I was covered with a fine sheen of nervous sweat, but I couldn't hear it, or smell it with the intensity I was used to. It was as though the world was muffled around me, hiding itself from me and allowing frightening things to draw close without my sensing them.
 
And where was Kagome? Last I'd seen her she sat by the fire outside, also alone. Sango, Miroku and the others had gone to a village to respond to the villagers' urgent plea for help expelling a tanuki. Normally, I'd know exactly where Kagome was, and half of what she was feeling, just by hearing her heartbeat and catching her scent on the wind. But in my human state on the night of the new moon, I only had my eyes, and even they were not always trustworthy. Suddenly, fear washed through me at my inability to see her and know she was safe, and then I was filled with frustration. With an angry grunt, I hoisted myself up, stuck Tetsusaiga - worthless to me tonight - in my belt and slammed out the door.
 
She still sat by the fire and she did not turn when she heard me.
 
“Would you get in here where I can see you?” My impatience was clear.
 
“Why? I like it out here by the fire.” She turned now, and I saw her in her glance and the look in her eyes that she was nervous too. I tried to growl in annoyance, frustrated again that I hadn't been able to pick up on her unease earlier, but only a weak noise came from my chest.
 
“Because I can't sense you if you're not near me.” I walked up to stand over her and she scooted back, away from me. “How can I know you're okay if you won't stay near me tonight?”
 
“Why don't you stay out here with me?” She scooted back again. It was like she was trying to get away from me. The look in her eye wasn't normal. I was used to Kagome being bossy and headstrong, afraid of nothing. And on my human night, even though I wouldn't admit it to anyone - ever - I took comfort in her confidence. Watching her nervously glance into the woods and back to me made me feel even more vulnerable. And that pissed me off.
 
“What the fuck is the matter with you?” I ignored her question and squatted down near her. She leaned back, away from me again.
 
“Nothing.” She made an effort to sit up straight then. I saw her take a deep breath to compose herself. I wished I could hear her heart beat. That would tell me what she was really feeling. “We can go in if you like. Help me put out the fire.”
 
As we put out the fire, I was more aware of her skittish behavior. “Why are you so nervous?” I asked as I followed her into the hut and shut the door behind us. We stood by the window and the faint light of the stars filtered through to show me her shadowed back as she put down her bow and backpack. “Do you sense something? A shard?” Suddenly I became suspicious that she wasn't telling me something, trying to keep me from doing something stupid, and maybe leaving us sitting ducks instead. “Tell me, Kagome!”
 
I grabbed her hand and swung her around by the wrist. She sucked in her breath as she turned and in the dim light, I saw her looking at me uneasily again. She glanced at where I gripped her wrist, holding her immobile and I became aware of the vise grip I had on her, and that maybe it hurt her. Even in my weak human form I was still much stronger than she was. But she was hiding something from me and I wanted to know what it was. My own nervous fear was making me start to imagine things, bad things, and I didn't like this even deeper feeling of vulnerability.
 
“Tell me whatever the hell it is you're not telling me!” I gripped her harder and shook my hold on her to emphasize my point.
 
“Inuyasha, stop it! You're hurting me.” I loosened my grip a little then, but didn't let go.
 
“Why are you so afraid?” I asked, frustrated. “If there's something out there, tell me about it, damn it! I can't fight what I don't know exists!”
 
“No,” she relaxed a little in my grasp and so did I. “There's nothing out there to be afraid of.”
 
“Then what is it?” I tightened my hold on her again. She looked up at me and I could only see a glimmer of light on her dark eyes, but it shifted as I saw her eyes drop to the beads at my chest and then slide over to where I held her hand in mine. And suddenly I understood.
 
She was afraid of me.
 
When we first met, I was so angry at Kikyou that I took out my anger on Kagome merely because she looked like the love who'd betrayed me. I hadn't really planned on killing her that first night, but she and Kaede didn't know that when I swiped at her with my claws. They put the beads on me to protect themselves. Originally, I hated the beads but ignored them just to hang out and try to get the jewel back. But then things got complicated. I'd developed strong feelings for my human companions, especially Kagome, and then my youkai blood had become a threat, not only to them, but to myself. Since that time, the beads had been insurance against my ability to hurt them - her - and I'd accepted them as the price I had to pay to stay with them - with her. But now, in my human state, the beads were useless and provided her no protection at all from me. And with Miroku and the rest gone, she was truly alone with me, vulnerable to me for the first time since I'd known her. Looking at the fear in her eyes, I realized that all our time together, our friendship and the other feelings that lurked below it were built on a false sense of security - from her point of view anyway.
 
I dropped her hand and laughed at the irony of it. To think that on the one night I was afraid of the world, she was afraid of me.
 
“What's so funny?” She stayed where I could see her as I moved back into the dark and a small, insecure part of me enjoyed the fact that she was still unnerved. It was the one little bit of power I had left on this night, and my insecurity clung to it desperately.
 
“I don't know who's funnier all of a sudden,” I said, letting the ironic humor into my voice, “me or you.”
 
“What's that supposed to mean?” She was getting angry now, and it made me feel better. My Kagome was coming back.
 
“Nothing,” I said, moving deeper into the dark. She didn't move and it occurred to me that while I now understood what was going on, maybe she didn't. “Kagome.” I said. “You act afraid of me. You should know me well enough by now to know I'm not going to hurt you. Tonight or any other night. Whether we're alone or not.”
 
“I know,” she said with relief. She really had been afraid of me. She took a deep breath and I heard double meaning in her next statement. “It's not like I have anything you want anymore anyway.” This puzzled me.
 
“What are you talking about?” I leaned against the wall, glad for some distraction from my fears.
 
“I don't have any jewel shards left…” She turned to look out the window now and I saw her profile as black on dusky gray. She was beautiful and her curves looked soft as her shape blurred into the night. It was even harder to see her in this dark place than it would have been were my hanyou eyes working, but that didn't mean I couldn't remember the feel of her.
 
“And you think that means you have nothing I would want?” I was amazed that she didn't seem to know how much I did want her. Had always wanted her.
 
“Well, you usually take what you want…” A wave of heat passed through me then, hearing the clear invitation in her voice. Was she offering herself to me? We'd flirted before, talked around this thing that now began to reveal itself in the dark, been distracted from it by our quest and our friends more times than I could remember. But here in the dark, it was suddenly with us, large and strong, pulling at us… Silence hung in the air between us as we both tried to decide what to say, whether to acknowledge what was happening. It was my turn. I could do what I usually did in these situations and dismiss it, use humor or anger to shut it down... But I didn't feel `usual' tonight. Nothing felt `usual' and I was enjoying this fact suddenly. My body had begun to rush with an excitement I had never felt on my human night… something other than fear. It felt powerful, wild and dangerous, and I wanted to feel it more.
 
“You're right.” I pushed myself away from the wall and came to join her at the window. I put my hand over hers as it rested on the sill. “Usually… with most things…” To my delight, she leaned into me, and I felt her shoulder and upper back press warmly against my chest. I felt my own heart beating harder in my chest and sensed very dimly that hers was too. We stayed like that for a moment and then she turned into me, wrapping her arms around my waist as mine came around her shoulders. It all felt like a dream as I kissed her and she kissed me back. Our lips touched softly, lightly, delicately, exploring, and my body began to vibrate as blood moved more quickly in my veins, wanting me to move faster, harder… but I was captured in the spell of our first kiss.
 
“You're not a thing, Kagome,” I said finally as we parted. “I'll only take you if it's what you want.” She nestled her face against my neck and I looked out at the dark forest, that little bit of fear tingling in the pit of my stomach again as I realized how much of the unknown lay before me.
 
“Thank you, Inuyasha.” Her breath was warm on my skin.
 
“What for?” I pet her hair gently, waiting to see if she wanted more than a kiss.
 
“For letting me know I can trust you.” She lifted her face to me and slid her hands up inside my arms to pull my head down in another kiss. This one was hungry and it lit something strong in me. As our tongues met and our mouths opened to each other I felt another wave of heat move through me like nothing I'd ever felt before. My skin flushed and tingled and my cock hardened almost instantaneously. As my hands found her breasts, touching them for the first time under her clothing, her nipple hardening against my fingers brought more heat into me until my whole body was on fire. Never on my human night had I felt so alive. Her fingers began to work the ties of my clothing and my breath became short, knowing she wanted me. Our mouths parted as we stripped each other.
 
“You're sure?” I asked as Tetsusaiga clattered to the ground when I stepped out of my clothing, the musty air of the hut now feeling cool and refreshing on my bare skin, my senses heightened to even the slightest breeze. My cock was so hard in anticipation it ached for her touch and I hoped fervently that she wouldn't change her mind.
 
“Yes,” her voice was muffled as she pulled her shirt over her face. “Are you?” Her body in the pale light made me speechless for a moment. I just looked at her, feeling the want build in me.
 
“Absolutely.” I almost crushed her in my embrace, my breath shallow with excitement as our skin came together for the first time and I couldn't help the needy groan that found its way out of my throat, pleading with us both to fulfill our need for each other.
 
That first time was awkward. And wonderful. And short. When it was over and we lay together, it occurred to me how risky we'd been and I began to feel afraid again.
 
“Uh…” I moved some of her hair away from my nose where it tickled me. ”I hope this wasn't a mistake…”
 
“What?” I heard some trepidation in her voice again too. “Don't tell me you're regretting this?”
 
“Not you.” I leaned in to kiss her. “Just thinking about all the bad guys still out to get us. I don't think I could have protected you from Myoga a few minutes ago. I was pretty out of it… Or, I should say…” I kissed her again a little harder, “pretty into it.”
 
“Well, nothing happened so don't worry about it.” She laughed nervously. “Do you think it will be the same when you're hanyou again?”
 
“What do you mean?” Her meaning began to dawn on me even as my question left my lips. “You mean- Do you think I'll be more… uh… rough? Are you afraid that I'll hurt you when I get my claws back?”
 
“Of course I don't think you'll try to hurt me…” She sounded tentative in the dark and I couldn't see her face. “But it'll be different, won't it?”
 
“Huh,” I thought about it for a minute. “I'm not gonna lie. Things feel different when I'm normal. I smell and hear a lot different…”
 
“And you're a lot stronger…” She was trying to tell me something.
 
“You notice the difference, huh?” I smoothed my hand down her bare stomach and let my fingers toy with the hair between her legs, slipping into her wet folds and enjoying her little gasps. It occurred to me that this was something I couldn't do normally. Not without hurting her badly. I began to understand her trepidation.
 
Even though I didn't like the beads, hated them in fact, at that moment they became my best friends, because they were hers.
 
“Kagome,” I slipped my fingers deeper between her legs and felt some heat return as she moaned. In our haste, I hadn't really explored her with my hands - or my lips for that matter. My touch now brought new energy into her body and she arched a bit, bringing a breast up to where my mouth could taste it, which it did. I felt a new warmth stir in me, more sensuously than before, and I wanted to explore this too. But one thing still had to be said. “Kagome, I'm not gonna lie to you and tell you I understand my youkai blood, or even what it means to be a hanyou for that matter.” I licked her other breast. “But I will tell you that no matter what my body does, my heart is yours. I have Tetsusaiga and you have the beads to make sure it's my heart that stays in control.”
 
“Yeah, the beads,” she slipped the necklace through her fingers and we heard the clicking of the beads against each other as I moved my finger around gently, finding a little spot that sent shudders through her. My cock was stiffening up again at her little sounds of pleasure and I was excited, exploring this new sensation. “You don't mind it when I use the necklace, do you?”
 
“I hate it when you use it,” I drove my finger up into her and pulled her chest against me as I kissed her neck.
 
“Oh.” She moaned and kissed me back. “I'm sorry, then.”
 
“Okay,” I took my finger out and rolled my body over on top of her, pressing my hard shaft into her hip. “I don't mind when you use them for good reason.” I kissed her neck again. “I always hate getting my face smashed into the dirt, but I understand sometimes. But you gotta admit it gives you a lot of power over me every other day and night of the month.”
 
“Yeah, I guess it does.” She ran her hands over the back of my body as my black hair spilled down my shoulders onto hers. “Guess I shouldn't misuse my power so much.”
 
“You do okay,” I tried to assure her I wasn't holding a grudge. I pressed myself against her, smiling into the dark as blood rushed into my cock again. “Just use your power for good and it'll all be okay.” She kissed me then and I knew the night wasn't over.
 
“I will if you will,” she said as I slipped my tongue from her mouth and trailed it down her neck, moving closer to her breasts.
 
“Deal.”
 
The End