InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Once Upon A December ❯ Chapter 1

[ A - All Readers ]

Once Upon A December
 
Dancing bears,
Painted wings,
Things I almost remember,
And a song someone sings,
Once upon a December
Kagome
“I will always have a special place in my heart for you Kagome. I will meet you in the future one day Kagome I promise I love you now go!” Yelled a man a red outfit.
 
There was a crash from the east and then Kagome woke up in a cold sweat. She didn't understand why she was all of a sudden having these dreams again. See Kagome always had the same dream. He said some mushy stuff and when she looked up he wasn't there, then a crash, and then she woke up. Kagome didn't know why but she thought she knew the man.
 
It had been 2 years since the well closed and 1 year since she had forgotten the Feudal Era, Inuyasha and all of her friends there. See Kagome had left the Feudal Era because of Inuyasha. She left because they had admitted their love for each other the day before the final battle of Naraku. After waking up after a night of making love Kagome did not see Inuyasha. In worry she went in search for him but came upon him hugging Kikyou. Thinking the worst she ran to the well but Inuyasha caught up to her to try to explain but Naraku came and he had to let her go to keep her safe. So Inuyahsa said the same words in her dream and threw her down the well. Inthe tragedy of loosing the one she loved she had turned Goth. For that time on the only colors she ever wore were red, black, dark purple, and dark blue. She spent the first year searching for him in hope he would fulfill he promise but after the first year she forgot what she was searching for and every thing about the Feudal Era. The only thing she remembered was his voice and what he wore. She didn't even the remember why she turned Goth.
 
Kagome got up and walked down stairs for breakfast. As she sat at the table Sota came running down the stairs.
 
“Morning Kagome” said her brother pouring himself some cereal.
 
“Morning squirt” she replied before shoving another spoonful of cereal into her mouth.
 
“Morning Kagome and Sota” said their mom coming into the kitchen “Oh Kagome before I forget Ayume called to remind you of the double date tonight”
 
“Thanks Mom” said Kagome before running up the stairs to get ready for school. Three minutes she was out the door running down the sidewalk to school.
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%@%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
Someone holds me safe and warm,
Horses prance through a silver storm,
Figures dancing gracefully across my memory...
 
InuYasha
“I will always have a special place in my heart for you Kagome. I will meet you in the future one day Kagome I promise I love you now go!” Yelled Inyasha to some girl in a green uniform. Something exploded and then Inuyasha woke up in a cold sweat.Wiping the sweat from his forhead trying to think of an explenation for these dreams.
 
Much like Kagome he had frogoten almost everything about the Feaudal Era except his brother, Rin, and Shippo. Though he sometimes had these dreams about a girl in a green school uniform. Inuyasha still was living and over the years had forgotten Kagome and his promise to her. He was also,like Kagome, Goth.He also only wore the same colors as her. Inuyasha lived in a masion wwith his brother Sesshoumaru and his mate Rin along with there twins Sanila and Selana both girls. After Kagome left he had become and adoptive Father to Shippo. They had grown close over the years. Later he was going on a double date with Shippo and his girlfreind Ayume. Inuyasha was going to be paired with Ayume's friend.
 
Shrugging it off Inuyasha started to get dressed for work. He wore black suit pants and a blood red button up shirt with a midnight black tie. Inuyasha then hurried down stairs to have some coffee before Sessh decided to leave without him.
 
“Morning Rin, Selena, Salina, and Sessh” Inuyasha greeted pouring a cup of coffe for himself.
 
“Morning Yash” Thay all said in reply.
 
“um.. little brother Shippo called to remind you of a double date of some sort” said Sesshoumaru with intrest.
 
“ooooooh Yasha got a date?”said the Twins in unison.
 
“Whatever I'm going to work now jeesh.All of you are wako in the morning” he replied putting his mug in the sink.
 
“Geesh sombody is touchy in the morning” said Seshoumaru teasingly.
 
“Feh whatever” said Inuyasha heading out the door.
 
 
It was now almost time to go and Inuyasha was getting ready. He finally decided on some black jeans with with different bands written on it in red with a skull studded belt, a long sleeved black shirt with a short sleeved button up red shirt.Most impostantly though he had his black spiked wrist bands that contained an illusion so while he wore it he always looked like in his human form.He really didn't need it at his job with Sesshoumaru since every body there was etheir Youkai or Hanyou.After lookin in the mirror and deciding he looked hot hed ran down stairs were Shippo was waiting.
 
“Finally! Yash you take as long as a girl to get ready.”said Shippo.
 
“Whatever.What is this chicks name any way?”
 
“Oh you will see my friend.You willl see.”Though Inuyasha didn't like that look on his face he shrugged it off.
 
“Oi.Lets go pick up the wenches already kay”He said walking out the door.
][][][]][]][][][][][][]][][][][][]][][]][]][][][][]]][][[] ][][]][][][][][][][][]][[][]][][[][
(Instrumental interlude)
Someone holds me safe and warm,
Horses prance through a silver storm,
Figures dancing gracefully across my memory...
 
Kagome
Kagome stood in her room getting ready for her double date.Now considering Kagome was now Goth her room was a bit different.It was set the same just her wallls were now black with sayings writin in blood red on it.Her favorite one(which was the biggest) read `Broken Hearts Don't Heal!'.Her bread spread was now black and red.She now stood in the mirror trying to figure out what to wear.Ayume sat on the bed waiting patiently. She was the only friend who now excepted her.Eri and Yumi her in her darkest hour.
 
Kagome had decided on a long sleeved black shirt that stopped directly at the waist.Over that was a red tank top that stopped at her belly button that ha dher favorite saying that looked like it was spray painted on but wasn't.Kagome had on a black skirt that came 2 inches obove her knee with red stockings (since it was December)with black fish nets over it.To top t all off she had on her combat boots that came just below her knee.She decided to leave her hair down.Just then the door bell rang.
 
“You go get it Yume I'll be down in a few k”
 
“Alright”she then desipered out the outside the door.
Kagome then looked in her jewlry box for her favorite accesory:her black cross.She was shocked when she didn't find it there.Forgetting all about her date she ran out the door and torwards the steps but suddenly stopped at the fifth step.At that very moment gray met violet.
^^^^^^^^^^^*******************^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^************< /i>
Far away, long ago
Glowing dim as an ember,
Things my heart used to know,
Things it yearns to remember
 
Kagome & Inuyasha
For what seemed like the longest time they….just…..stared.While they were staring a tiny bit of there memory came back.
 
“Kagome” said Inyasha softly
 
“Inu-Inuyasha”said Kagome just as softly.
 
“You two know each other”asked Ayume.Shippo shushed her
 
“Let them renmember”
 
When they got done talking they both slowly strated walking torward each other.Step by step till the were only 1 foot apart.By the time they were done all their memories of the Fudel Era had come come back.Along with their memories of…each other.
 
“L-l-long time n-n-no s-see”said Inuyasha breaking the uncomfortable silence.
 
“Yeah…….Oh my gosh!Inuyasha why do you look human” she said noticing his black hair for the first time.
Just then Moma came into the kitchen.
 
“Whats goin on in he- oh my gosh”she gasped putting her hand over her mouth.
 
“Ok this is seriosly freeky”said Ayume but shut up when Shippo and momma Higurashi shushed her.
 
“Oh that's from this illusion in my wristbands”he said taking them off.When he did his hair went back to the familiar silver and the small fury triangels were sticking out through the hair.His eyes also changed back to the familiar golden color.His claws and all retiurned.
 
 
“OMG”said Ayume she recognized him from the first time they met the other long ago.
 
Kagome started to step forward to him but tripped. She closed her eyes waiting for the impact of the floor but found herself instead in a warm embrace.Opening her eyes and looking up to see golden ones looking down at her. Suddenly a picture of him hugging Kikyou flashed through her memory.Her eyes filled with tears and she tore from his embrace turning her back to him.
 
“Kagome whats wrong”Inuyasha asked with hesintency in his voice smelling the salt of her tears.
 
“I don't kow why don't you ask your GIRLFREIND Kikyou!” she said.Even Ayume didn't say anything hearing this.Realization crosesed his mind.
 
“Kgome you misund-“started Inuyasha
 
“No I didn't Inuyasha! Obviously you prefer her instead of her `copy'!,Obviously you were playing with my heart the night before!,Obviously you meant nothing you said to me!, and OBVIOUSLY YOU DON'T GIVE A DAMN ABOUT ME AND I WAS TO NAÏVE TO SEE IT!!!”she yelled before starting up the stairs. Before she could even reach the first step Inuyasha grabbed her hands and pulled her agianst his chest her back was now fully against his chests.
 
“Let me go Inuyasha”she yelled despite herself she was blushing.
 
“Not until we work this out.When I woke up that morning I got cleaned up and decided to go run before you woke up.While running I came upon Kikyou she wanted me to go to hell with her. I explained to her all that happened and told her I would avenge her death but nothing more.She excepted it and I gave her a FRIENDLY hug that's all that happened.”While he was speeking he had turned around to face him.
 
“So you don't love her anymore?”said Kagome hopefully.
 
“Of course I don't.How can I love her when my heart belongs to you.”said Inuyasha with a smile.
 
When he was finished Kagome puled Inuyasha to her and thrust her tongue into his mouth.They were soon making out passionately then jumped appart at the sound of Shippo's voice.
 
“Finally I have my mother back along with my father”he said
 
“What!”yelled Kagome,Momma Higurashi, and Ayume.
 
“aww you don't remember me Kagome let me refresh your memory”He then snapped his fingers.His haire then turned long and red and he had fangs and claws. Most importantly he had a red bushy tail.
 
“OMG! Shippo!” she yelled before hugging him like crazy. “Your so big now”
 
“you know him to!” said Ayume in disbeleif and jelousy.
 
“Yeah he was my adoptive son in the Feudal Era. And technically Inuyasha is his adoptive father.”She said.
 
“Now that your diffrences our setteled can we have a happy ending we should have had.” Said Shippo hopefully.
 
“Yeah we can right Inuyasha?”Kagome said looking at him smiling.
 
“Yeah we can my darling Kagome!” he replied smiling back.
 
And a song someone sings,
Once upon a December