InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ One Battle ❯ A Glimpse of the Past ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Blanket Disclaimer:Inuyasha and all characters belong to Rumiko Takahashi. I don't own them and am not making any money from this.
--------------------------------

Originally posted to IB4Y on June 21, 2011 for I-Prompt #8.

Title: A Glimpse of the Past
Author: ananova
Rating: K
Genre: General
Universe: Canon
Word Count: 248
Summary: Sesshomaru reflects on the past as he witnesses a fight between Inuyasha and Naraku.
---------------------------------

Sesshomaru's golden eyes narrowed as he watched his half-brother repeatedly take blows meant for the oddly dressed miko before throwing himself back into the battle against Naraku. 'Fool' he thought as a tentacle pierced his body. 'Doesn't the fool see that all he is doing is gaining wounds that will merely slow him down and make himself weaker and easier to kill?'

And yet even as he watched he saw Inuyasha take another blow meant for the miko before raising Tessaiga and unleashing an attack of his own. Sesshomaru's eyes narrowed further in confusion as he saw that Inuyasha's attacks were becoming stronger instead of weaker. 'What is this?'

In his mind's eye he superimposed over Inuyasha the image of his father as he had last seen him, injured and determined to go to the aid of his mortal lover and unborn child. His words echoed in his head. “Do you have someone to protect?”

'Is this what you meant Chi-chiue?' he wondered as he watched Inuyasha drive the dark hanyou off in retreat before collapsing from his many wounds, the miko rushing to his aid. He watched the two for a few more moments before turning away, disgusted at their blatant displays of emotion. “This Sesshomaru protects no-one” he stated firmly. But as he walked away he spared one last thought for the two who had remained unaware of his presence. 'Do not make the same mistake as Chi-chiue, Inuyasha. Do not leave her unprotected.'

Converting /tmp/php35KbIK to /dev/stdout