InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ One Battle ❯ Defeated Again ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Blanket Disclaimer:Inuyasha and all characters belong to Rumiko Takahashi. I don't own them and am not making any money from this.
-------------------------------------

Originally posted to Issekiwa on August 9, 2011 for Prompt #131 Slump.

Title: Defeated Again
Author: ananova
Rating: T
Prompt: Slump (Issekiwa)
Genre: General
Word Count: 250
Warnings: Mention of blood and injuries but nothing specific
Summary: Naraku's view of a battle between him and Inuyasha.
--------------------------------------------


He laughed, gloating as he sent another wave of tentacles at the miko. It didn't matter that they never touched her, not as long as one of them was injured. The hanyou was practically doing his job for him, leaping right into the path of his attacks. He would never understand this need they had to sacrifice themselves for one another, but he was more than willing to use it against them.

“You're only prolonging the inevitable, she's still going to die” he taunted. A blast from that cursed sword severed some tentacles but no matter. He would win in the end.

The miko notched an arrow and he sent more tentacles after her. Mustn't let her interfere. Again the hanyou took the blow, when would he learn? He did it out of love. Bah, no such thing.

What's this? Somehow the hanyou was getting stronger, his attacks doing more damage! This couldn't be! He sent attack after attack. Naraku's eyes widened, his confusion mounting. Inuyasha was somehow drawing strength from the miko's presence. Desperate, Naraku taunted him but was ignored. No, he couldn't be defeated!

Finally, he allowed his shoulders to slump in defeat. He called for his Saimyosho, using them to cover his retreat. He couldn't understand how he had lost, the hanyou had been gravely injured. He would never understand how Inuyasha could gain strength from the love the two shared. Somehow, though, he would defeat them and escape this losing slump he was trapped in.
Converting /tmp/phpQCTEHv to /dev/stdout