InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ One Battle ❯ Quiet Contemplations ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Originally posted to The Inuyasha Fanfic Contest for Prompt #260 Eye of the Beholder. Won 2nd place.

Title: Quiet Contemplations
Author: ananova
Rating: K+
Prompt: Eye of the Beholder (The Inuyasha Fanfic Contest)
Genre: General/Introspection
Word Count: 250
Summary: Miroku watches Inuyasha and Kagome following an intense battle with Naraku and contemplates. Next part of One Battle.
----------------------

From his position sitting against a tree, Miroku observed his two companions lying by the fire. He had been amazed, and a bit humbled, by the lengths Inuyasha had gone to in order to keep Kagome safe. It was clear to anyone with eyes to see that the hanyou cared deeply for the young miko. A fact that was further confirmed as Inuyasha adjusted Kagome's position against himself, the most open and tender look on his face that Miroku had ever observed from him.

Miroku felt honored, and a bit guilty, to witness such a scene which coupled with Kagome's earlier concern for the hanyou only drove home just how deeply the two cared for one another. It saddened him to know the hardship that the two would face, not just in the battle against Naraku but also in trying to be together. He knew well how prejudices ran deep, and most humans of this time would be against such a union. Beauty is in they eye of the beholder. While he considered the love of his friends to be a good and precious thing, in the eyes of another it would be seen as wrong and blasphemous. He felt himself fortunate to not be blinded by such petty feelings.

Bowing his head, he prayed to the kami that his friends would be able to persevere, and at the same time made a vow to help them however he could. After all, love should be protected and nurtured, not scorned.


Converting /tmp/phpBIdu4N to /dev/stdout