InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ One Battle ❯ Wishing For Forever ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Originally posted to At First Tweak on September 11, 2011 for Prompt #52 Midnight Wishes. Won 3rd place.

Title: Wishing For Forever
Author: ananova
Rating: T
Genre: General
Universe: Canon
Word Count: 257
Summary: Inuyasha stares at the stars after being injured in a battle and wishes the moment could last forever. Will be added to One Battle.
------------------

In the middle of the night golden eyes opened to gaze at the stars in the sky above. Despite the pain from his wounds, Inuyasha could easily sense his friends presence nearby. With a small wince he turned his head slightly to the side. A faint smile formed as he took in the sleeping miko who was currently using his shoulder as a pillow. 'Feh, bet she'll be all embarrassed when she wakes up in the morning.' At least she seemed more comfortable than the last time he had woken up. The position she had been in had looked painful, leading to his shifting her to lie next to him. 'Not that I'll tell her that,' he thought with a smirk. 'Let her think she did it herself.'

Inuyasha continued to watch her for a few moments longer before returning his gaze to the stars above. The pain from his wounds no longer bothered him as he basked in Kagome's presence. In that moment everything else faded away. With her right beside him he was at peace, all of his worries gone for the moment. 'If only this moment could never end' he thought as Kagome unconsciously snuggled closer to him. 'I wish we could stay like this, forever.' He sighed, knowing it was not to be.

“Inuyasha,” Kagome mumbled in her sleep and Inuyasha smiled once more before his eyes drifted closed.  As he drifted off to sleep once more, his hand found hers and gently clasped it. Perhaps he would get his wish, someday.
--------

And that's the end of this story. I originally planned to do one from Sango and even Kirara's point of view but decided I was starting to repeat myself. I know I did Inuyasha already but the prompt gave me a perfect idea of how to end the series.


Converting /tmp/phpAMjfOV to /dev/stdout