InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ One Question ❯ Good Enough ( Chapter 17 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Blanket Disclaimer: I don't own InuYasha or any of the characters therein. They are the property of Rumiko Takahashi, and she does a beautiful job!

Please forgive any spelling and grammatical errors.

One Question

Chapter 17 – Good Enough

0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0

"You know Sango," Kagome started once they got to the hotel, "you and Miroku should totally make out!"

Sango looked at her with the biggest blush on her cheeks as the other woman tried to cover up her giggle with her hand.

Sango shook her head and let out a deep breath, "Kagome, you don'teverneed to drink this much again."

Kagome put her arm around her, "you are probably right, but for some reason… whenever there is a club and InuYasha… I end up like this."

Sango lifted her eyebrow, "you go out with InuYasha a lot?"

Kagome lifted her shoulders, "Well, yea."

They passed the front desk, "do you have your key on you Kagome?" Sango asked her, making sure she had it while they were still in the lobby, instead of going all the way to her room and then finding that she didn't have it.

Kagome dug into her pockets, "here it is," she replied as she handed it to Sango. "What is it with you and InuYasha thinking that I can't keep up with my keys?"

Sango laughed at her, "Well, if you watched yourself walk right now… you would want your key too."

Kagome narrowed her eyes at her.

"Okay, you are in room 305," she replied as she looked at the envelope her room key was held in.

Kagome held up a hand, "wow… for some reason I was thinking it was 342, but the envelope knows!" She told her as she lifted her hand in the air and made a more prominent march towards the elevators.

Sango put a hand over her face as she laughed at her.

They made their way inside, "Kagome, do you mind me asking a serious question?"

Kagome looked at her with a smile, "is it… how do I confess my love to Miroku?"

Sango felt a blush blaze her cheeks, "that is not the question."

"Oh," Kagome replied as she looked at the numbers lighting up, "so what is it?"

Sango looked at her feet a moment, "do youlikeInuYasha?"

Kagome looked at the other girl, and now, it was her turn to blush, "I, uh," she began as she scratched her head, "you promise you wont say anything?"
Sango looked at the other woman as she gave her that look that all girls know deep down. That pleading look a woman gets when she wants to tell… but she is afraid.

"I promise," she told her with a smile.

Kagome took a deep breath, "yeah, I like him… a lot, actually."
"Why don't you tell him?"

Kagome looked at the other girl a moment, before looking back at the numbers knowing that the door was about to open, "I am just afraid."

The elevator dinged open, "afraid of what?"

"I have no idea where to begin," Kagome replied, "Oh, crap, the floor is still moving!"

Sango laughed at her, "here," she replied as she helped her friend get out of the elevator and head toward her room.

"Kagome, if you want my advice, telling him will always be better then not saying anything at all," Sango started as they finally reached her room.

"You don't want to look back on it, and regret never saying anything, believe me," she replied as the light flashed on the door, and she opened it.

Sango turned on the lights, "where is all of your stuff?"

Kagome looked around the room, "you know… I really have no idea."

Sango laughed at her; "Well, I guess we can look in the morning. You need help getting in bed?"

Kagome took in a deep breath as she fell face first into the mattress, "sure," she replied smiling.

"You don't need to use the bathroom… do you?"

Kagome lifted her head a bit, "that might be a good idea."

Sango smiled, "yea… you want to wash up too?" She asked as she helped her off the bed.

"I don't know if I want to do all of that," she whined.

"Okay, we will only do it if you feel up to it."

0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0

"But… I haven't told anyone," Kagome replied as the steam from the shower began to steam up the mirror.

Sango was speechless.

"But Kikyo…"

"She knows," Kagome replied.

"Wow."

"Yeah."

"How do… I mean… he won't be mad… will he?"

"Honestly, I am not sure. He is so hot and cold sometimes," Sango told her as she looked at her hands.

Kagome looked at her and smiled, "I am glad we had this talk."

Sango smiled sadly at her, "me too."

0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0

InuYasha looked at his phone.

3:05 a.m.

His eyes widened; he knew that they had to leave if they wanted to get up for the final meeting tomorrow.

He felt like he was about to pass out; being up since seven the previous morning, he knew it was time to head out.

"Hey, Sesshomaru," InuYasha called as he saw his brother. "Do you know where Koga and Miroku went?"

The other man, who lookedverybored, pointed towards the dancers.

InuYasha just rolled his eyes. "Figures," he grumbled as he headed towards them.

"Well, my lovely ladies, how would you like to come with me tonight?"
Miroku asked the two girls.

They giggled in response.

"I will take that as a yes," he smiled perverted.

InuYasha smacked him in the head.

"Owe, hey!" Miroku replied as he looked at the other man.

"We are out of here, and if you don't want Sango to see you like this… I would get up – fast!"

Miroku's eyes widened, "Excuse me ladies, but it appears I will not be able to accompany you tonight."

"Oh, we were really looking forward to it, Miroku," one of the women replied.

Miroku looked at InuYasha with pleading eyes.

InuYasha waved him off, "it is your funeral."

Miroku let out a big huff of air. "I know. I was too. Maybe some other time," he replied as he followed InuYasha.

"Let's go get Koga," Miroku sighed sadly.

InuYasha let out a large breath knowing that he would have to go through the same routine with the next man.

0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0

"Alright, see you tomorrow Sango," Kagome told the woman as she closed the door to her hotel room.

She plopped on the bed, trying to figure out how to go to sleep. She felt so hot.

She laid there a moment before she started taking off her clothes, leaving only her bra and underwear on, since she couldn't find any of her other clothes at the moment.

"Ah," she replied as she made herself comfortable, "now, some much needed sleep."

0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0

Finally, after about thirty more minutes, all the guys were able to leave the club and head towards the hotel.

InuYasha was just glad he was finally out of there.

He looked at his phone and held the screen on Kagome's name.

"What's up?" Miroku asked him.

InuYasha looked at him, "nothing. Why?"

Miroku laughed; "You were concentrating all hard that I thought something was wrong. Why don't you just call her?"

"Keh," InuYasha replied as he looked at the window, "what makes you think that I am always thinking about Kagome," and then his eyes widened.

"Man, you are so busted. I never said anything about Kagome," Miroku replied laughing.

"Whatever," InuYasha grumbled, "just drive."

0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0

InuYasha let out a large breath as he made his way to his room, glad that, at least for now, he could get a good night sleep.

He slid the key that was in his pocket through the card reader.

The door blinked red.

Confused, InuYasha tried again.

Red.

He huffed as he made his way back to the lobby, "Yeah, for some reason my card isn't working," he told the man that was working behind the counter.

"Room number," the manager asked.

"305."

The manager took his key, slid it through the card slot on the side of the computer, and then handed it back to him, "Here is your key, and sorry again for the inconvenience sir."

"No problem," InuYasha grumbled, albeit as pleasant as he could.

He finally made it to his room again, and this time, he was pleased to see the light flash green. With his overnight bag in hand, he made his way into the hotel room.

He put his bag down and turned on the lights, and then stopped dead in his tracks.

There, on his bed, wearing only lingerie was Kagome.

He felt his face heat up.

"How on earth did this happen?"

He thought as he immediately went into the bathroom, and then it dawned on him.

Images of her handing him the key, and then him handing the enveloped key to Sango flashed into his head.

He smacked his head with his hand. He knew he should have checked the key out more thoroughly.

He took a deep breath as he made his way inside the main part of the room once more… this time, with a determination toactuallytalk to Kagome, so that he couldpotentiallytake her back to her room, as long as she didn't act like a drunken crazy person.

He took a deep breath, and just when he was about to tap her, she rolled over.

InuYasha felt like his eyes were going to pop out of his head.

She looked amazing – breathtaking, as if he wasn't using that word enough to describe her in his mind.

The covers were slightly covering her, but he could stillclearlymake out the black lace bra and panty set.

And at that precise moment, he knew.

He decided that he would throw on some shorts that he brought, and then slowly, pick up a pillow and a blanket and lay on the floor. Unfortunately, the pillows were all around Kagome, so he had toliterallyget on the bed so that he could retrieve one of them.

He almost removed the pillow from its spot completely, until –

"I was just dreaming about you," Kagome told him as she opened her eyes.

InuYasha stared at her dumbly. One of his hands sprawled on the bed while the other was somewhat resembling a claw to pick up the pillow.

He sat in that position a moment, completelyunableto do anything.

"You know," Kagome began, not noticing InuYasha being stark still, "Sango and I had this talk tonight, and she told me that I should just be honest about things, and so," she halted a moment as she turned towards him, making him fall on his side.

He suddenly felt so nervous, so outside of himself.

"I wanted to tell you that… I like you." She finished as she closed her eyes tightly.

InuYasha felt his heart pounding in his chest.

She opened them, "I like you, InuYasha."

It felt like such a fifth grade thing to say, but he took it so well in her dream, and with the talk that Sango gave her that she knew that she just had to tell him.

InuYasha shook his head and paused a moment, "you can't say that to me."

Kagome looked at him then, so hurt – so vulnerable, that she wished she could take it back.

"Why?"

He looked at her intently, his heart racing in his chest, "because you aremorethen half naked… and I …reallylike you too."

Kagome felt her cheeks heat up, but the one urge that guided her – the one push that kept her going was –

And then she leaned over him and kissed him.

Kissed him with such intensity – with such a ferocity that she felt like she didn't want or need air to breath, but just being near him, that was enough to sustain her.

He kissed her back, as if this was the one thing that his life needed – the one thing that would make everything fall into place, and he relished in it.

He knew that she was drunk, but he also knew that Kagome was the type of person, no matter how drunk, told the truth, and when he heard those words come out of her mouth, he felt like he had just won the best prize her heart could offer.

It wasn't love.

But for now, this was good enough.

0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0

A/N: Aw! I really liked this chapter. Well, it is the long awaited moment for our two main characters. I hope you all liked how it turned out :)

I hope you all enjoyed this chapter. Let me know!

REVIEWS:

Princess Inume: While she didn't reveal the main secret, I do hope you enjoyed this chapter. Oh, and don't worry the truth will all come out eventually :)

RiceBallMaker94: Haha. I hope you liked this chapter :)

Anime Lady PIMP: LOL. I hope you were not disappointed in this one (wink-wink)

Fairy Rains: Oh gosh! I really hope Kagome doesn't throw up on him. Poor guy. LOL. As for thought provoking, after this chapter I think InuYasha is just going to be in la-la land, but I promise the time is coming. More like he is going to get hit by a lightning bolt of memories type situation. (oh gosh... gave it away haha. I kid! ) Since you live on the same brainwaves as me... I think you might be able to deduce my plan of action ;) Thanks for the review!

Grumpy DelSan13: LOL. Your first sentence really made my day. I love that you got that reaction, but since you wanted them to kiss you got your wish :) Hope you enjoyed this chapter. Thanks for the review!

Fanficnewbiee: your welcome! I hope you liked this update :)