InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ One Summer ❯ Suddenly Sesshoumaru ( Chapter 6 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer: The rights of all recognizable TV shows mentioned within are property of their respective owners. No money was made or will be made from this endeavor.
 
Ramblings: Well, this is turning out to have a lot more plot than I'd originally intended. And it's got far more serious bits. Hope they're still amusing though. Or at least, I hope they're bad enough to provide some cheap entertainment. Nothing's worse than mediocrity, that's what I always say. If I screw anything up, feel free to point and laugh er … point it out, I mean. I think we've all heard enough out of me. And now I'm just wasting everybody's time blah blah blah blah on with the fic.
 
Chapter 6: Suddenly Sesshoumaru
 
It had been a long, confusing day for Sesshoumaru, though, like an ageing Elvis impersonator, it was not without its charms. It had begun amicably enough. He had woken up, scolded Jaken, excepted several decidedly ugly flowers from Rin, wandered about, accepted several more ugly flowers from Rin (these were even uglier than the first batch, come to think of it), gotten his fluffy cleaned, bonked Jaken again, fed Ah-Un, more flowers from Rin (she was beginning to get frightening, with those flowers, he mused darkly) and around noon, after still more flowers had been shoved into his by that time quite unwilling hands, he had seen a bright, white light and found himself transported to a strange world.
 
Odd really. He wondered what would become of Rin, and yes, Jaken, without him. At least he wouldn't have to hold any more flowers for a while. Wait a minute… she'd been giving him a lot more flowers than usual lately, hadn't she? Did he just list, what -- three times in one day? She'd been partial to a certain, ugly sort of flower too. They had large, swollen petals, resplendent in migraine-inducing pink and purple. He'd never seen flowers like those before, now that he thought of it. Not before a few days ago anyhow.
 
All the more reason to get back as soon as possible. This new world smelled…acidic almost. The word `sterile' came to mind; perhaps it was some strong cleaning agent? Soaps were usually not so abrasive, at least where he came from.
 
Still, the witch (for he was certain that she must be a witch) had a whole manner of interesting things, so at least he was not bored. The `teevee' had proved most irksome. At first, he believed that it was some sort of prison. The witch seemed to deny this, however, and when he saw his own image therein, he knew that it couldn't be a prison. He was not trapped. The idea was laughable, really, that a feeble mortal girl, witch or no, could trap this Sesshoumaru. And yet … he was stuck in this world. Perhaps this `teevee' was actually what brought him here. Had the witch indeed captured him? He dismissed the idea at once. He could smell the fear on the girl … she clearly could not be powerful enough to harm him.
 
He had studied his brother on the teevee, and found that he could make the scenes go forward and backward by pressing a small, square button on the `remote'. Perhaps, he had thought, this teevee is some sort of time travel device. As he watched, he found that there were some events, some battles he recognized. Here was when the hated Inu-Yasha had relieved him of his arm! And there was when he had revived Rin! It made him feel violated, somehow, to think that people were watching his most shameful and private moments, listening to his innermost thoughts, just as he thought them. (He knew, in the back of his mind, that he would never be able to take a bath in peace again.)
 
But then, there were also many things he did not recognize. Were these events yet to come? Was he, Sesshoumaru, looking upon his own future?
 
The thought made him grow cold.
 
While turning this idea over in his mind, he found that he had inadvertently clicked another button on the remote. The images on the teevee stopped and a small door opened, spitting out a black rectangle.
 
And yet, Sesshoumaru was in for the shock of his life. The teevee blared and new, brightly colored pictures snapped to life. These pictures looked different from those that came before; they seemed more real, whereas the others had looked more like drawings.
 
“It's time for WHEEL OF FORTUNE!” The voices yelled.
 
Sesshoumaru jumped back, nearly hitting a boxy, wooden structure, laden with pillows. He crouched in a fighting stance, drawing toukijin. The remote dropped to the ground.
 
He waited there, a few moments, watching the bright lights flare and the humans squeal. These were strange humans, though; they had no scent.
 
After a moment's length, he withdrew his sword. He cautiously approached the teevee, leaned in, and took a long whiff. Zip! His nose gently collided with the screen.
 
Ouch! He felt a sharp sting. This, of course, was no match for the great Sesshoumaru; no sting could fell him! He again drew his sword, fully prepared to engage the teevee in battle, when suddenly he stepped on the remote. The teevee whirred and the picture flipped again.
 
“And here we have a lovely diamond necklace, doubtlessly created through the magic of slave-labor somewhere in the back alleys of—“
 
Two absurdly happy women were showing off jewelry. Their smiles were like stars, but only in that both subjects are made of gaseous materials and quite probably thousands of years old.
 
Sesshoumaru toyed with the remote for a while longer, and then opted to explore the rest of the room.
 
The boxy, pillow-laden structure was the first to fall under the curious eye of the white-haired demon. It didn't even know what hit it. The pillows were doomed to start with. The blankets didn't stand a chance.
 
Within seconds, pillows were flying through the air, soon to be joined by the large, squishy mat, which, as far as Sesshoumaru was concerned, was just a giant, flat pillow anyway. The blankets lay in a crumpled heap on the floor, poor dears. He had lost interest in them quickly.
 
He bounced on the mat a few times before moving on to the drawers. The chest was located off to the corner of the room, not far from the nightstand. It was a modest chest, simple, wooden. The decimation was swift here.
 
It seemed to contain clothing, of some sort, all neatly folded. Sesshoumaru examined each item carefully, throwing it over his shoulder when he was done. There were cotton things, mostly. Some items appeared to be lace or satin. He found a few skin colored items whose purpose eluded him. They each consisted of twin concave circles with straps attached to the sides. Some kind of hat perhaps? Hmmm … Yes. That seemed about right. Sesshoumaru put one on his head, fastening the straps beneath his chin. They were difficult to affix, the little devils, but he got them. Sesshoumaru was nothing if not perseverant.
 
Next was the closet. More clothes, knick-knacks and flat black rectangles, like the one the girl had fed to the teevee. They must be a food-source of some type. Was the teevee a living creature? Well, the witch-girl had said that the remote controls it …
 
Sesshoumaru dove for the remote. It took him a good long time, but he located it beneath the ever-growing pile of curiosities he had found. He gripped it tightly. From then on, he kept it at arm's reach. If this teevee was alive, then this Sesshoumaru would certainly wish to control it. It was obviously very powerful.
 
So, this was the way in which Sesshoumaru spent the day. Finally, at a few hours past midday, he heard the door open.
 
The girl stood in the middle of the room. She looked around. Her eyes widened, then rolled back in her head as she dropped to the ground.
 
He stood over her for five or six minutes, unsure of what to do. Eventually, he knelt down and nudged her slightly.
“Ahh … oh … the filth, “she muttered. Her eyes opened slowly. “The filth!” she said again.
 
The girl sat up. She blinked. A mad gleam had come into her eyes. For the first time in a long time Sesshoumaru started to feel … not exactly afraid, but unsettled, disturbed even. She cackled. Yes. Definitely disturbed.
 
“Ohhh … you know what we have to do now?” she asked, in a voice that was not quite stable. Her eyes were bloodshot.
 
Sesshoumaru wisely remained silent.
 
She grinned a grinny grin that stretched from her earlobes all the way down to her bellybutton.
 
“Heh-heh.” She rubbed her hands together in fiendish glee. Suddenly, Sesshoumaru felt that something bad was about to happen. Something hideously bad. Little did Sesshoumaru know the horrors that were yet to come. (Which sort of stands to reason … they haven't come yet. Hence the name.)
 
“To the bathroom!” She grabbed his arm and Sesshoumaru, too shocked to protest, was dragged out of the room, into parts unknown.
 
Very unknown, as it would turn out.