InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Open Mic. Night ❯ Open Mic Night ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

I don't own inuyasha.

Open Mic. Night

"Alright so in one week we will have an open mic night at the auditorium!" the gangs drama teacher, Kagura, called out. "Write your own lyrics and give the music to the school band. This is a requerment for a grade! See ya then!"

One Week Later

"Well I think tonight's first singer should be…….Miruko!" Kagura called out to the crowd.

Miruko blushed and slowly made his way to the stage. "Okay…..here goes nothin'." He looked at his friends in the front row for support. InuYasha was giving him a thumbs up while Kagome and Sango smiled and waved at him. "This song is called `My special something' and it goes out to a very special girl in the audience."

Miruko gave a wink towards Sango . She blushed and then heard someone sigh behind her. It was a group of the most beautiful girls in camp sitting behind their row. One with an extremely red face. `I should have known better' Sango's blush instantly faded as she tried, and succeded in blinking back some tears.

"You're my special something,

One that will never be nothing,

You always will be in my heart.

And I've cried my self to sleep at night

Knowing I could never hold you tight,

And were so far apart.

And I just wish I could hold you,

Tell you things you never knew,

Were in my heart.

And you're my special something,

Never will be nothing,

Even if we are apart.

And I just wanna kiss you,

Tell you things you never new,

Were in my heart.

My special something,

Never will be nothing,

And I promise you.

I will always (pause),

Love (pause) you (carys on the `u').

At that the girl behind Sango almost fainted. Sango wished she had and hit her head on the way down. When Miruko finished every one said `awwwww' and started clapping. Miruko got of stage and sat back down next to Sango.

"Did you like my song, Sango?" Miruko asked in an all to cheery voice.

"Yeah, it was okay." Sango wasn't really paying attention. She was still mad about the girl not hitting her head. Then she saw the hurt look in his eyes. " Oh! I'm sorry Miruko! I'm just kind of upset about something. It really was a good song. I liked it a lot. I wish I was the girl you wrote it for!"

At this Miruko looked like the happiest man on the planet. "Really?!?! Well then Sango I have something to tell you. Sango I--" there was a long pause

"You?" Sango asked. `Maybe he will say it was for me!' Sango thought happily to her self. But Miruko couldn't tell her. He didn't have the courage he had a moment ago when he had been on stage.

"I-d-do you think that the girl behind us liked it?" Miruko asked regretting it the moment he asked it.

"Oh. Yeah, I guess so."

"Sango?"

"Sango will be our next singer tonight!" Kagura called out to the crowd of High schoolers before Mirko could say anything more.

Sango slowly made her way to the stage.

"Well,……I hope the song is obvious enough for the person I wrote it for……yeah, so here is my song "Only a friend".

"If you'd look into my eyes…" Sango started off

"…Than you'd see that I love you.

Then you'd know that all

Your dreams have come true

But it hurts when you don't see

And it's now killing me…" Sango slowly made her way of stage as guys started whistling. She came to a stop right in front of Miruko and pointed a finger at him.

"When I see you touch them,

When I see you hold them,

It hurts `cause I realize

When you look into my eyes,

You'll never see more than just (pause) a friend."

Sangos eyes widend as she finished the song. She droped the microphone and ran out of the room. Miruko sat in his seat trying to figure out what just happened when he came to his senses and ran after her. People cheered him on as he made his way out the door. At a near by building he saw a girl sitting with her back aginst the wall, crying.

"Sango?" Miruko put a hand on her shoulder as she looked up. He quickly pulled her into a tight embrace. "Sango, I don't want us to be friends. I want us to be more."

"What about the girl you wrote that song for?" Sango barly managed to choke out.

" I wrote it for you I just couldn't tell you. Besides, what other girl? The only girl I ever see is you." With that Miruko lend in to give her a kiss.

"So if we both want to be together, can I kiss you?" Miruko asked just loud enough for Sango to hear. She smiled and slowly nodded her head `yes'.

There kiss was soft and gentle (mostly b/c Miruko was afraid Sango would call him a pervert and slap him). He was first to break away from their kiss and stood. Then he held out his hand to help Sango up. She took the offered hand but didn't let go of it when she was on her feet.

The new couple slowly made there way back to the auditorium. When they entered every one was silent. Miroku smiled and looked and Sango who was looking at him with a grin on her face.

The entire school was looking at them when they turned there gaze back to the crowd. Then Miruko held up there joint hands for every one to see. Everyone stared to cheer and clap. Miruko bent down and whispered into Sangos ear, "I love you."

"Not as much as I love you." Sango whispered back.

Miruko moved closer and captured her lips in another gentle kiss. For the second time that night the auditorium was filled with people saying `awwwww'. And of course the bitch that had been sitting behind Sango, wasn't to pleased. - .~ ( winking face).

Haha…..fluffy goodness

Muwahahahahahaha

So please R&R