InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Ours ❯ Naraku ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Tonight was my night. My night to rest, my once-in-a-month. Usually during this time, I reassemble my body-detach the parts I don't want anymore, make myself stronger that way, and then use this time to get the rest I need because there's no use trying to fight in this form. Not even my so-called "children" work during this time because I've learned what happens when I let them out of my sight. Oh Kagura, she just keeps digging her own grave.

But even so, I can't sleep tonight. Probably because of all the excitement over my new...toy. My mouth shifted to a grin; it does that when I think of all the new possibilities. This thing can't be destroyed by anything from "this" Earth, like that Dung Beetle thing.

Whatever it meant by "this" Earth, I don't know and I don't care. All I know is that they're delusional if they think I'll let any of the other so-called "pilots" live to use my toy after my turn. I'll win the battle quickly and then I'll get rid of all of them. Then the jewel will be mine, and finally, finally I can become full demon.

I'm too energetic now. I can't even sit still so I stand and start walking around to random areas, fatasizing, daydreaming.

"You're an insomniac too, now?" I hear someone comment. I recognize the voice as Kagura. "I thought we were supposed to use this day to rest, so what are you doing?"

"I can do whatever I want." I replied, still grinning. Not even Kagura's attitude could bring me down.

Her attitude. I hate her attitude. Everyone always thinks I'm the one who's so cruel, so mean for holding her heart captive, but can't they see I have no choice? Kagura's wanted me dead since the day she was born. I gave her life! And she wants me dead just because she didn't want to pay the price that came with it. Everything has a price, and for something like life, the price has obviously got to be very high. But all I wanted was for her to work for me. That's not too much to ask, is it? I'm her father after all. She wouldn't be alive in the first place if it weren't for me. I give her a roof over her head, food, clothes, teach her what she needs to be taught, everything she could ever need, and I'm not even asking for gratitude! I'm not even asking her to be thankful for anything. All I want is for her to help me reach my goal. Is that such a big deal? Is that too much to ask?

Apparently, for her it was, because she started trying to kill me after she found out that was what I wanted. Now, at this point, many people would've just killed her-she's threatening my life, after all. But I didn't. All I did was take necessary precautions to make sure whatever she was trying to do to kill me wouldn't work. That's all I'm doing-protecting myself. My life. If I didn't, well, I'd die. I'm doing this as self-defense, and yet, I'm the one who's evil. They all blame me, like always. They hate me. No matter what, I'm the one who's so cruel and nasty.

That is why a lot of times, I do things to make myself deserve that hatred. I'm not gonna be blamed for something I didn't cause. They don't care to listen. If I'm gonna be punished and held resposible, then I might as well actually commit to crimes I'm already being punished for. I'd rather go and make it fair so that I actually deserve the hatred everyone has for me instead of being judged unfairly.

"What do you care, anyway?" I snapped at Kagura. "Aren't you too busy dreaming of your precious dog lord to be wasting time talking to me?"

Kagura scoffed. She has no answer. Heh. She probably thought I didn't know what she was up to. Stupid girl. Like I said, she keeps digging her own grave deeper and deeper.

Isn't it ironic though, that she hates me, yet she adores this Sesshomaru man so much? What a hypocrite. He may not be holding her heart in his hands, but otherwise, he's me. Or a wanna-be, toned-down version of me since he can't seem to make up his mind. He acts like he's trying to be like me, or out-do me usually, but he turns around and can never live up to me. "I have no compassion" my ass.

But the thing that irks me the most about him is that while he's done almost as much damage as I have, he gets away with it. Because he has that little girl with him. He does good for one person, and suddenly people around him act like they completely forgot everything else he's done...like taking care of one girl makes up for brutally torturing and killing thousands. When I do it, I'm oh-so-hateful and cruel, but him, he's just "a bit cold" because if he was as bad as me, "he wouldn't have a little girl around with him".

Maybe if I started being more openly affectionate to Kanna...? Nah, it won't do. Nothing ever does. They'll find some way to twist it around and make it look like something different. The world is like that to me; it always has been.

It's not like I care anyway. I really don't care. Once I get the jewel, I'll have so much power I wouldn't know what to do with it! Who needs stupid friendships or any of that other bullshit the world claims is oh-so-nice when you have the kind of power I'll have soon?

Suddenly we heard a loud crash somewhere above us.

"Dammit, they've been going at it all day!" Hakudoshi, my little clone, screams in agitation as he walks outside to where we're standing. He's awakened Kohaku, who is coming out behind him, shaking his head. Kanna is here too, but I don't know if she sleeps or not.

"The other demons and some humans have been restless ever since zearth appeared." whispered Kanna. "They're really confused because they don't know what it is. Some are training to fight it, some are on the lookout for it. Some want it gone..."

Huh. I wonder exactly how everyone else is gonna react to this.

Naraku.

"Who called my name?" I asked, but no one answered. They just stared at me blankly, some of them shaking their heads. That's funny. I could've sworn I heard something.

Naraku.

There it is again. What the hell is going on? Am I going crazy?

"Yo." said someone from behind me. I turned around; it was that funny looking Dung Beetle. Thing has no youki or scent to it at all...plus it can teleport, which explains how it got inside my barrier.

"Your magazine's loaded, brats." it continued, leading many of them to look astonished. Nobody's talked to me or my "children" in such a tone before. We're not exactly the kind of people you can be casual with. "Who heard the voice?"

"Voice?" I spoke up. Nice to know I'm not going insane. "So that was what I heard."

"So it was you. Alright, let's go to the cockpit."

The thing teleported us again using whatever crazy method it used. I could see the rest of the "contracters" were already there. But besides the people there, it was very empty, unlike the last time I'd seen it. Except...

"Hey. Aren't these that Jun kid's glasses?" I heard Kagome say before she picked them up. "Huh...guess he forgot them. I'll keep it and return them to him later."

Where the hell did that kid go anyway? Whatever. I don't care. All I know is that just now, fifteen of those things that the miko calls "chairs" have suddenly appeared in the cockpit. They were not the same chairs that had been here the last time, though they did form the same circle. They were of vastly different sizes and shapes; some of them looked very strange.

"These are your seats." said Dung Beetle. "Your mind will recognize yours as its own."

Everyone started moving to whatever chair called out to them. The fox kid went straight for the fuzzy one shaped like an animal. Kagura's chair had no legs on it. Inuyasha's chair looked like patchwork; and many of them, I can't even describe.

The one that called out to me was metal. It had something over its head, and some kind of clasps on the arms. I reached for it and claimed it as mine.

I heard Kagome gasp. "H-his chair is an electric chair..."

Her friends started bombarding her with questions about what the hell an electric chair was. I, personally, don't give a damn. It's a seat. One that floats in mid-air, but still just a seat.

"Where are we now?" I heard the monk ask. "We're not near any people, are we?"

"Don't worry about that. We're underwater...deep under the sea."

Huh. That's a location I never thought I'd find myself in.

A portal-like thing appeared in front of us; it showed us our surroundings before zooming in on the enemy. It was a weird pear-shaped thing, currently above us.

"This thing moves by thought, correct?" I asked.

"Isn't that what I said?"

"But there's fifteen of us." replied Sango.

"Just try it."

Everyone else around me closed their eyes; it seemed they were trying to move it, but nothing was happening. The only person not attempting was...

"Me?"

"You heard the voice, right? So you're Zearth's current pilot. It'll move according to your will."

Excellent. Excellent. I'm the first pilot to ever touch it. No one can interefere with my plans by doing something beforehand. No one would be able to choose to kill me with this before my turn. I am first. Excellent.

"Here we go then." I smirked. The people around me all looked anxious, except Sesshomaru. No doubt they were worried about what I'd do with this thing. I willed it to take off out of the water to where the enemy was.

And it did. It worked. I could see the enemy. I caught a reflection of Zearths face; it had fifteen slots on it, each of them filled with light.

Here I go.