InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Ours ❯ Shippo ( Chapter 19 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
I had no time to recollect myself or think or anything. My battle began one day after Koga's. This time, we went over to the enemy's Earth, to fight a red-and-white "robot".

And someone is riding in that thing, too. Our enemies are people too. They're in the exact same position we're in. I can't force myself to fight them.

"Shippo." I heard Kagome call me. "If you can't fight...no matter what you choose to do, I won't hold it against you, okay?"

"Th-thanks, Kagome." I gulped and sniffled. "Dung Beetle? The fight hasn't started yet...you can teleport the pilot outside the cockpit if it's not during the fight, right?"

He paused. "Well, yeah, but...why?"

I motioned him to move closer to me, and whispered my plan to him. He didn't take it very well.

"What?! Are you crazy?" He exclaimed. "I mean, are you really that stupid?"

I looked at him with my best puppy-dog eyes. They always worked on Kagome...

"Ugh, fine!" He exclaimed. "That's insane, I ain't never done that before."

I extended Zearth's arm, getting it ready for what I was about to do. I soon felt the dizzy feeling I always get when Dung Beetle teleports us.





(Normal P.O.V.)

Utter confusion spread throughout the remaining pilots as Shippo's form disappeared right in front of their eyes.

"Shippo?!" shouted Inuyasha. "Where'd he go?"

Dung Beetle turned to face the screen that showed them what was outside. "Out there."

Everyone turned their heads to see Shippo outside Zearth, standing still on its outstretched arm, miles and miles above the ground. The small fox was biting his lip, sweating, but otherwise, he kept a cool composure, a look of determination on his face.

"What is he doing out there?" exclaimed Kagome, her protective nature not liking Shippo's current position. "Bring him back in here, Dung Beetle!"

"I'm afraid I can't do that. He's the pilot this time around." answered the floating mouse-like creature. "The little fool."





(Shippo P.O.V.)

This was a last minute decision. It...wasn't really the best idea. But no matter what happens, I just wanted the people we'd fight to know about us. That we exist. That we are here, we understand, and we are in the same situation that they're in.

I'm so high up. It took all my might not to look down and freak out, but somehow I managed to do it. Time never seemed to run so slow.

After what seemed like forever, the enemy robot moved. It, too, extended its arm and put it parallel to the ground just like Zearth had. I gulped. Whatever was gonna happen, I had asked for.

Someone evaporated-no, teleported, it looked exactly like it did when Dung Beetle teleported someone-onto the other robot's arm.

He was dressed in the weirdest kimono I've ever seen. Red on top, blue on the botton, no obi. He had long silver hair, but wore something on his head and I couldn't see if he had ears. But when he lifted his head, I saw familiar golden eyes staring into my own.

Inuyasha?

"Shippo?" He spoke. I nodded. "Their Shippo..."

"And you're...this world's Inuyasha?"

He snorted and sighed sadly. "Little runt."

"Hey!" No mistaking it. This was their Inuyasha. Their current pilot.

"Hey kid." He held out his hand like he wanted me to shake it, regardless of the fact we were way too far apart to reach each other. "We're cool, right?"

I trembled and put my hand out too, though I knew I couldn't reach his. "Stupid Inuyasha..." Before he got a chance to respond, he vanished. I guess he must have gone back inside.

"Dung Beetle." I called, still trembling. "Bring me back."





Back in Zearth's cockpit. Kagome hugged me as soon as she saw me. I don't know how Inuyasha felt about seeing this dimension's version of himself that I'd have to either kill or be killed by.

"I'll fight." I wiped my eyes. "I can fight."

All of the worlds, though different as they may be, are also alike. That means...after the fight, the remaining world must bear the responsibility for the lost one.

I think, if that's the case, the lost world needs to be worth the responsibility the remaining world will bear. Courtesy towards everyone, I guess. In the end, it's just something we all go through since the moment we're born. We fight to survive, and we gotta do the best at what we do. Even if means hurting someone else in the process.

Everyone's hurt others in order to survive as long as they have. That doesn't make it personal, though. You gotta accept that and respect it, which means you can't live with vengeance in your heart.

Though it doesn't mean that there are no consequences for people's actions...that's not for you to decide.