InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Over Time ❯ My Mistake ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

“Sit!” Kagome yells from her perch on the side of the well.
“Do you have to do that every time I piss you off, wench?!” Inuyasha exclaims once his face is no longer berried in dirt.
Staring at Inuyasha she still could not believe that after all this time and after all that had happened not much had changed. They still hadn't gotten all the shards to The Jewel of Four Souls, Inuyasha was still very much in love with Kikyo. Kagome was not doing any better in school. Mirkou was still trying to get a 'good' feel of Sango... And failing badly. Nothing had really changed in two years, and maybe that's why Kagome was thinking the thoughts that she had through her head at the very moment.
“I'll see you later Inuyasha,” Kagome said ignoring his question and jumping in the well before Inuyasha could stop her.
Before she knew it she was back to her time. Back to the time she knew and loved so much. The time she belonged in. Climbing out of the well she started for her house, but stopped at the Sacred Oak were she had been spending a lot of time lately. It was still hard for her to believe that at one time Inuyasha was pinned to the tree by an arrow, and it was harder for her to comprehend that she was the one that freed him from his curse.
She was said to have special abilities, but lately she wasn't feeling special. She was just feeling confused. Over the past two months the happy cheerful girl was being replaced with a very depressed one. She didn't know what she was going to do lately, about anything. She didn't know weather to ignore her feelings of conflict or do something about them.
Going into her house she was suddenly so glad to be home, “Mom! I'm home!”
She could smell the aroma of her mothers cooking and followed it.
“Darling, are you okay?” Kagome's mother questioned her daughter.
Sitting down at the kitchen table and putting her head down and started crying.
“O, Honey you still don't know what to do? Do you?” her mother said at her side at once with a comforting hand on her back.
Lifting her head she looked at her mother with sad eyes, “Do you remember that one time when we were talking about how being under Sacred Tree makes the hardest choices easier to make? That it makes your head more clear and it makes things more clear.”
Looking at her daughter with concerned eyes she nodded and waited for her daughter to go on.
At once Kagome was on her feet looking very upset, “I've spent more then five hours under that tree at one time trying to think about what I should do, and do you know what?! I still don't know what to do. It's not helping me any more then if I was thinking about what I should to do in the middle of history class,” Kagome finished her little out burst and was crying again.
She calmed down, got up and left the kitchen, and went up to her room. In there she thought long and hard. She thought about her first meeting with Inuyasha. The first time Mirkou tried to grope her. She thought about her first meeting with Sango. She thought about Shippo. She thought about all the good times in the feudal era. She thought about the bad. Her thoughts went to Kikyo and how she seemed to always say one thing and do another, and how much Inuyasha loved Kikyo no matter what happened.
She went over to her bed and flopped on to her mattress and immediately went into a fitful sleep.
*Hours Later*
Kagome woke up covered in sweat. She got up and slowly went down to the kitchen taking in everything about the house. To the smells and how being here made her feel. She took in the pictures on the walls. She took in everything and at once she knew what she had to do. Kagome had her decision.
The sun was just coming up. It was early, but she knew she had to do this now before she changed her mind. She got her backpack and went to the well that would transport her to her second home. To a time were monsters were real and fighting for your life was an everyday thing. She jumped in and the next thing she new she was at Keade's hut.
She went in and she saw that Mirkou was as close to Sango as he would dare go and that that the both of them were up but neither had noticed that she was at the entrance to the hut. They were both caring for each others injuries. She also saw the Shippo was in the corner playing.
“Sango, Mirokou were is Inuyasha?” She asked once they had saw that she was their before anyone could greet her, and ask her why she was back after such a short time when she said she had to study.
At once she got her answer.
“Right here,” The Hanyou said irritably from behind.
Before she changed her mind she blurted out what she had to say, “Inuyahsa, Mirokou, Sango, I've decided that this is not my time, and that I'm not going to be able to help you find shards anymore. I can't take it. Once I cross the well.... This time I won't be coming back.
With that everyone was silent except for one very mad Half demon.
“What!!”