InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Overcoming ❯ The Deal ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter Seven: The Deal

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Two months had passed since Kara had moved to Tokyo and started to go to school there. Things were going great. She was paying rent on time every month with extra money to spare, she and Christy were still as close as ever even though they lived in different continents and she basically lived over Inuyasha's house now. Things between her and Sesshomaru weren't looking so bad either even though they still were a little rocky. They still pissed each other off, got angry at one another but managed to deal with each other's company fairly well by this point. Everything was going Kara's way… Or… So she thought…

"Billing-san," The sensei called to Kara at the end of A.P. Calc one day. Her eyes shot forward to the top of the class to where her teacher was sitting at her desk.

"Yes?" She replied, wondering why the teacher had called her name when the bell was about to ring.

"I need to you stay after for a moment today," she answered her, returning to the book she was reading. Kara's eyebrows fixated in confusion. What was going on that she needed to stay after class?

"What did you do now?" Sesshomaru said to her, his golden eyes teasing her. His face was otherwise emotionless but Kara knew he was laughing at her. She growled at him and crossed her arms.

"I didn't do anything, for your information," she snapped at him, feeling slightly irritated with him. Why? She didn't know. She then found her answer when a cramp stabbed her abdomen and she flinched. Sesshomaru also noticed that she wasn't feeling very playful and backed off, starting to gather his books.

The bell rang and the classroom emptied. Sesshomaru was the last to leave because he purposely bumped Kara when she walked up to the teacher's desk. She sent him a menacing look when he closed the door. "Now then, Billing-san. I have to tell you now that you are currently failing this class."

Kara's face turned stark white. She swallowed and eyed her sensei in alarm. "Sensei, how is that possible? I've done all the work-"

"But have not gotten very many passing grades on my tests. You never come to ask for your grades either. It seems that you think you have passed every single test when in truth, your highest grade out of all of them has only been a 69%. I'm very disappointed in you, Billing-san," The teacher finished, her tone hard as she eyed Kara.

Kara felt her breath quicken in panic as the teacher revealed another horrible thing that she knew.

"I also know that you are working a part time job as of now. At a Japanese Cuisine restaurant," She added, clasping her hands together. Kara's normally fiery azure eyes were very dull and wide at this point. She was in deep! "I am not going to reveal you but I will tell you this. Quit your job or I will be forced to report you to the principal. Your studies should come before your job."

Kara swallowed and licked her dry lips anxiously. Her stomach flopped and she felt very sick suddenly, her eyes grew watery. "S-Sensei… You don't understand! My job is the only way I have m-money! I can't quit or I'll be homeless!" She stuttered, fighting the tears of frustration and PMS that threatened to spill.

The teacher stood, her eyes somewhat compassionate. "Kara Billing. Collect yourself," she ordered, watching as Kara bowed slightly and then took a deep breath. "I will make a deal with you."

"Deal? What kind of deal?" The young woman asked, the knot in her stomach easing somewhat.

"If you get A's on all of the tests for the rest of the semester and manage a B on the final exam, you can continue to work your job in school. If not, you know what will happen," The teacher finished, writing the deal on a piece of paper. She then handed it to Kara who bowed and asked for all of her old tests. Her teacher handed them to her in a folder and Kara placed the piece of paper inside.

"Billing-san, I believe in you. You will be able to do this," Her sensei told her reassuringly as Kara exited to the room. When she was out in the hall, she leaned against the lockers and slid down, sobbing into her lap in frustration. She shuddered and wheezed and nearly jumped when she felt a large hand tug her arm and pull the rest of her body to her feet. She swallowed and through teary eyes saw Sesshomaru.

"S-Sesshomaru…" She stuttered, breaking away from his grasp, but not before he could brush his thumb across the skin under her eye and collect some tears on his skin. The tears went through an examination under his golden eyes before he fixed his intense gaze upon her.

"So you did do something wrong," he said to her, his deep voice sounding a bit confused as he released her arm fully. Kara avoided him as she started to walk along with her head down, her long chestnut and mahogany colored hair cloaking the tears that continued to run down her face.

Sesshomaru watched her walk alone and wondered what was the matter. She hadn't cried since he had made her cry two months ago. A piece of paper slipped out from the folder she was carrying under her one arm and skidded across the floor in front of him. He walked forward and bent over, retrieving it and read the contents. When he was finished, he looked up, seeing that Kara was just going out the door of the school and crinkled the piece of paper, taking long strides to catch up with her.

**

I'm not going to be able to pay rent… I won't be able to pass the tests… I know I was having trouble understanding the material and bull shitting the homework but I didn't think I was failing! Kara thought in frustration as she crossed her arms. She sighed and heard footsteps behind her. She whirled to see the supercilious senior. "What?" she mewled softly, seeing the all-knowing look on his face.

"You're failing in our sixth hour," he told her promptly, watching as her face looked shocked.

"How did you know that?" she asked him, perplexed. Kami-sama! Was he listening to what she and the sensei were saying? Stalker!

Her inner thought of him being a stalker was stashed away when he held up a crinkled piece of paper and tossed it to her. "You dropped this," he muttered, sounding slightly irritated.

"Oh…" Kara answered in non-reply. She sighed and scratched her arm uncomfortable and then looked up into his golden eyes. "I must seem pretty pathetic. Failing and trying to work a job…" she let out a shaky breath and her hand that was scratching her arm went up into her thick hair, taming a few of the strands. "My rent needs to be paid soon. If I don't, I'm going to get kicked out and I won't have a place to live…" she added and then groaned. "This sucks! This always happens to me! I fail at everything! EVERYTHING!" she felt her PMS take over as she started to ramble. "I'm ugly, annoying and bloated… and I CAN'T HANDLE IT!" she screamed, tears flying out of her eyes. Sesshomaru stood where he was, not daring to go near her, his eyes slightly widened from amazement.

"Wow…" he muttered in awe as she calmed.

"I need help, Sesshomaru. Will you help me with Calc?" she asked him sweetly, her eyes large as she dried them with the back of her hands.

Sesshomaru groaned internally, not really wanting to help her, but just seeing her ask for his help felt pretty good. He could hold it against her in the future! "I suppose I could create room in my schedule to help you," he replied in a haughty fashion. "You know you're getting the right help when you're asking me, eh?" He chuckled, his eyes narrowing in amusement at her gaping mouth. She then grinned viciously at him herself.

"Oh yes. It would give us more time to spend alone and when we're finished with the work, you can bang me in the bathroom," she returned, watching as Sesshomaru's eyebrow lifted a fraction. "Sensing my kinky, vibes, huh?" she asked him.

"Not kinky, just annoying," He replied in a seductive tone. Kara just giggled and slapped him playfully but then gripped her lower stomach. "Gas?" He asked in sarcasm, knowing full well what it was. She just glared at him.

"No. Cramps, buck-o," she shot back. "Hey uh… Can I come back to your house with you?" she asked and watched as he turned his head to look at her. "I know I've already asked you to help me with something but uh… and I know you hate it when I randomly show up at your house and-"

"Fine," Sesshomaru said with no argument in his voice. "Be quiet and stop making excuses. When we get back I can help you with the Calculus also," he added, walking quietly the rest of the way back to his house. Kara was silent also, stunned at how generous of a guy he actually was. He just didn't go about it the way most other guys did.

**

"I still don't get it!" Kara complained as Sesshomaru groaned and his head made contact with the wooden floor of his room in frustration. He then propped himself up on his elbows, his gaze fixing a look of murder towards the American girl.

"How can you not get it? I just explained it, wrote it down and showed it to you in the book! Have you even been paying attention?" He growled through his teeth, his voice rising from the irritation he was experiencing. He saw Kara looking ruffled herself and realized that maybe she was a little slower in learning things than he was. He calmed and composed himself, sighing before he tried again. "What do you want me to do over again for you?"

Kara was silent with her forehead resting on the floor. She was so confused. She didn't know this work was actually as hard as it was! She had been doing everything wrong the ENTIRE time! "I'll never get this crap…" she mumbled.

"You will in time. Not everyone has the brain capacity I do," Sesshomaru told her smugly, smirking when she looked up at him, unimpressed.

"You mean ego capacity?" she asked him playfully squealing when he threw one of the pillows he had been resting on at her. "AAAAAACK! PILLOW WARS!" she shrieked and lunged for her pillow, beating him senseless with it. Sesshomaru refused to be taken down by a girl and got vicious. They jumped to their feet, beating each other with the pillows until Kara's leg got entangled with Sesshomaru's and they toppled over onto the floor.

Sesshomaru looked down at Kara who was looking very winded. Her beautiful hair was strewn about around her and her breasts rose and fell rapidly from the vigorous beating she had been giving and receiving with the pillow. The senior continued to stare down at her until he could not deny what he wanted to do any longer. He leaned down and kissed her chastely, feeling and hearing a gasp escape her soft, warm lips.

Kara felt warmth erupt in her body and ignored the humongous weight that was Sesshomaru who was squashing her body. He tasted so good… Wait… What was happening? Why did he taste so good? Why was he on top of her? Why were they like this! OH KAMI-SAMA! I'm falling for him! Kara screamed in her head as her consciousness tried to fight her body that was totally surrendered to Sesshomaru's wonderful mouth.

Sesshomaru slid his hands through her hair as his mouth moved against hers, feeling her respond to him. He straddled her, smelling her sweet perfume and tasting to warmth of her mouth. He then realized that his hormones had completely taken him over. Oh shit… What have I done? He pulled back slowly, his golden eyes taking in her form now. She was looking disheveled and displeased, her eyes dark and her cheeks red. He promptly got off of her, licking his lips and sat as if nothing had happened.

Kara sat up also and when the senior who had just kissed her out of the blue left the room for something, she touched her lips, feeling her stomach erupt again with cramps and with something she didn't know. The only things she could think of were his mouth, his hands that were tangling in her hair and his hips that had been straddling her. Oh no… My mind is totally in the gutter! I'm so ashamed! She regained herself when Sesshomaru entered the room with a glass of water.

The senior eyed her and took a drink of the water. Kara was completely engrossed in watching him until he brought her back to reality when he splashed the remaining liquid that was in the glass on her. She screamed and clutched her arms over her breasts because she was wearing a white shirt.

"You JERK!" she shrieked and slapped him. "PERVERTED JERK!" she yelled again, racing up and down the halls, yelling and creating a ruckus. She crashed into Sesshomaru when he randomly stepped into the hall when she turned around to run down it again. His arms encircled her body as he kissed her again, this time with more force and temperance. Kara was beside herself and closed her eyes, leaning back when he wanted to deepen the kiss.

(A/N: End of the chapter! OoooOOOOooh! We're getting kinky now aren't we? Tee hee hee!)