InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Pandora's Box ❯ Images Unbidden ( Chapter 4 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Last Time:

…She was so enchanted by his eyes that she didn't even notice he had bandaged it until he pulled the last strip of cloth tight, and continued to gingerly hold her hand, as if afraid she might break.

 

Leisurely their faces moved closer together, almost touching.

 

"Kagome…" Inuyasha whispered huskily.

 

 

Images Unbidden

 

Suddenly as if her name had broken her stupor she stepped back effectively ending the kiss that had almost occurred.

 

"Inuyasha, I-I can't… W-what about Kikyo? Sh-She is the one you should kiss." She said quietly justifying her actions as she bowed her head silently willing the tears to hold. `I can't, I just couldn't betray my sister. No matter how much I want to, or how much it hurts.'

 

"Kagome… Kikyo and I broke up months ago. That's the real reason I came here. I feel, something growing inside me for you. I care greatly for you, I always have, but I feel it has developed into something, more… I'm not sure how to describe it, but I'm will to try, if you'll give me the chance." Inuyasha's voice quivered with uncertainty. Never before had he bared so much of his emotions to anyone, and it made him feel vulnerable. If she didn't answer soon he was afraid he would run out the door.

 

"Inuyasha… I care for you too! I would be delighted to give `us' a chance!" Ecstatic she closed the distance between them and kissed him full on the lips. Inuyasha, momentarily surprised by her boldness, hesitated before wrapping his arms around her and deepening their first kiss.

 

When they finally separated, Kagome's eyes were still closed, her face flushed, and her injured hand reaching up and lightly touching her parted lips. Inuyasha thought she looked beautiful. He smirked slightly down at her and gave her another soft kiss before backing up and saying, "I'll pick you up tomorrow, seven. See ya then Kag." And he was gone.

 

Kagome stood there in shock for another few seconds, before what happened hit her and she began to jump around and dance while laughing hysterically.

 

When she finally gained control of her rebellious body, she ran upstairs to her Sango's room and proceeded to tell her house-mate of her first kiss.

 

 

Kagome Higurashi's Shrine: June 2004

 

It was their one month anniversary and she was finally ready to tell him. She thought she had been over Inuyasha when they had first re-met, but it seemed that her tender feelings had only been in remission. Every moment she had spent away from him these ten years, and every moment she had shared with him this month had only managed to strengthen her feelings, giving them the chance to sneak up on her and attack when she was least expecting it. They had been cuddling at his apartment, watching a movie, when it hit her.

 

She loved him.

 

Even more so than the first time. She realized now, that the feelings she had felt then were idolization and a teenage crush that true had hurt her heart, but had wounded her pride more than anything else. She remembered all the wonderful times she had spent with him this past month…

 

 

~When I gaze into your eyes,

I see a love that knows no lies~

 

"Inuyasha!!" she shrieked as she ran away from him, squirt-gun in hand. "Stay away from me! I'm warning you! If you squirt me with that gun you will be sorry!"

 

"Oh really? `Cause the way I see it. I've got the full gun, I'm chasing you, and you're drenched. I'd say I had the advantage wouldn't you?" he yelled back sarcastically.

 

"Inuyasha! Don't you dare! I'm drenched and I'm col-" Kagome abruptly ended as Inuyasha pounced on her, seeing her momentarily distracted.

 

Kagome just laid there confused as she looked up to find Inuyasha's smoldering eyes on her. Staring deep into those pools of liquid gold she wondered if she could stop time to just continue looking into those eyes…

 

~Deep into you soul I look,

To find my heart you so gingerly took~

 

"Kagome sweetheart, wake up. We're here." Inuyasha stated looking down at his little angel asleep in the front seat of his car, as she slowly began to swim through the layers of her dream into reality.

 

"Mmmm… we're here? Already?" Kagome mumbled, eager to fall back to sleep in Inuyasha's arms.

 

"Yes, we're here lazy, so get up. You have work in the morning remember? Wouldn't want to upset your boss now would you?" He teased playfully, once again trying to wake her, as he tenderly brushed a piece of hair behind her ear.

 

"Ok, ok, I'm awake. Unfortunately… Walk me to the door? Please?" she asked, giving him the look that said "I'm-adorable-and-you-know-it", as she turned to face him.

 

"Alright." He replied as he got out, walked to her side of the car and opened the door for her.

 

She stood up and took hold of his arm as she walked sleepily to her door.

 

As she turned to look at him her breath caught in her throat. He looked like a god with the moonlight silhouetting him against the darkness, his hair gently swaying in the summer breeze, and his eyes. They were what completed the affect. There was a look of complete and utter devotion in those deep pools of warmth. All for her. She was sure her legs would have buckled at that moment if his arms weren't around her. Holding her steady as he smiled down at her. Gently he chucked her chin and lowered his head to lightly brush his lips against hers in a sweet and lingering kiss. That moment would forever be ingrained in her memory and in her most secret dreams.

 

~Where rainbows last forever and butterflies,

That's where I'll be waiting, under soft blue skies ~

 

They lay in each others arms just staring up at the sky as they contemplated their thoughts, lying in companionable silence. As a gentle breeze blew by Kagome snuggled up to Inuyasha to keep warm. She looked up at his face and smiled. He was her boyfriend, not Kikyo's! She had finally won something worth winning. Him…

 

~Daylight knows no boundaries, night holds no fear,

Life has no consequences when you are near ~

 

"Mmm… Ello?" Inuyasha answered his phone groggily.

 

"Inuyasha? It's Kagome, I-I'm scared…" Kagome began in a small voice.

 

Upon hearing her tone he was immediately awake as he fully sat up in bed. Turning to look at his clock, he noticed the storm just outside his window.

 

"What is it Kagome? Are you ok? Are you hurt?" he questioned concern and fear seeping into his voice.

 

"No- I mean I'm fine, but I'm scared Inuyasha… Could you come over?" Kagome whimpered as thunder eerily rung throughout the house. "Please?" Kagome desperately whispered.

 

Something plucked at Inuyasha's heart-strings as if playing a sad melody in time with his pulsing heart. He shuddered at the desolation in Kagome's voice, he had forgot that she was petrified of thunder storms. "Sure thing Kag. I'll be right over! You stay put ok?" he said confidently.

 

"Ok Inuyasha…" Kagome sniffled, "Thank you…"

 

"No worries, what are macho boyfriends for?" he said mockingly. Upon hearing her laugh he said his goodbyes and rushed to her place.

 

He arrived to find the door unlocked for him, as if she were afraid to leave the safety of her room.

He slowly crept up the stairs to find her shaking in her bed staring blankly at the wall. He walked up to her, sat down next to her, and wrapped his arms around her small frame. Her shivering almost immediately stopped as she leaned into his embrace.

 

"Thank you Inuyasha, I…" she whispered as she fell asleep her last words unintelligible to his ears.

 

~I don't believe I can describe the feelings I hold,

It's like the kind the story books told~

 

~So please believe these feelings are true,

When I whisper;

I love you ~